This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'd totally have dibs on big mac for obvious reasons.
    He's... bald? artistic? covetous? ...nope, not seeing it. Names aside, you have little in common. ;)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Better a redneck pony then some pompous hoity-toity snob pony with a growth on it's head.
    I agree, Rarity should not be in charge of anyone.
  • Pinkie Pie may suffer from ADD. But that doesn't mean all earth ponies are that way.
    She has Awesome Detection Disorder.
  • I'd totally have dibs on big mac for obvious reasons.
    He's... bald? artistic? covetous? ...nope, not seeing it. Names aside, you have little in common. ;)
    Seeing as there are no bald, bearded, artistic, teacher ponies, it falls to names.
  • I can't seem to get an avatar that doesn't get all pixelly and such at the small size.
  • I can't seem to get an avatar that doesn't get all pixelly and such at the small size.
    You have to use a very small part of the image or it will get too fuzzy when it shrinks. That's what you get for having icons that are only 32x32.
  • You pretty much need an image that is small to begin with for that not to happen.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2011
    You pretty much need an image that is small to begin with for that not to happen.
    You have to use a very small part of the image or it will get too fuzzy when it shrinks. That's what you get for having icons that are only 32x32.
    I can't seem to get an avatar that doesn't get all pixelly and such at the small size.
    Use a different resizing/resampling algorithm. Bicubic is pretty ass at making pixel art from larger pieces.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I no have Photoshops.
  • If we're all getting pony Icons I call patriotic Rainbow Dash.
  • If you have no Photoshop and want to do some Photoshop-y things you can try using GIMP. It's been several years since I used it but it's still being updated. It's not quite on the same level of Photoshop but if you just want to do image macros and icons it would be far more then enough and better then Windows Paint.
  • Paint Net is a good one also.Paint Net
  • I no have Photoshops.
    I made mine at work, with the GIMP. No excuses.

Also, NEW EPISODE!
  • edited March 2011
    You all knew this would happen.

Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I no have Photoshops.
    I made mine at work, with the GIMP. No excuses.

Also, NEW EPISODE!
    Indeed, and the CMC wasn't quite so annoying this time around.
  • Saw the title and hoped that we could see what pony Marlon Brando and pony Martin Sheen looks like. Instead they give me Bible bullshit. Still waiting on someone to create The Godpony.
  • A friend of mine has been drawing fanponies that are really nice and based off of various other friends (and herself). Their names are (in order from first to sixth) Powerful Hooves, Cloudwing, Winterlight, Smokeum Blunts, Cobalt Spark, and Guardian Acorn. She's also drawing me one as well, which I'll probably use for my avatar (and maybe change my name to match) since everyone's Ponying up.
  • I'm warming on the Cutie Mark Crusaders because of how spectacularly they fuck up. It was an exquisite musical number.
  • I'm warming on the Cutie Mark Crusaders because of how spectacularly they fuck up. It was an exquisite musical number.
    I really enjoyed their song and the performance... it was funny, but also actually kinda cool.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm warming on the Cutie Mark Crusaders because of how spectacularly they fuck up. It was an exquisite musical number.
    I really enjoyed their song and the performance... it was funny, but also actually kinda cool.
    I was the opposite. I did not like. I mean, Rainbow Dash has been effectively absent for two episodes now. She technically appeared for like a second in the new one, but didn't say anything.

On a less shallow note, I think the episodes that focus on the CMC are really lacking that magic which made me like the show in the first place. All the elements of adventure, economics, society, and well... magic are completely absent. You need all six of the "mane" ponies to get some attention in the episode to create harmony. That phrasing is painful, but that doesn't mean I'm just joking. With all the elements of harmony you get laughs, adventure, plot twists, inter-pony conflict, and you get the hints of societal issues that have spawned 18 pages of comments. With the CMC you get derp derp we are stupid kids, and we derp. The end.

Thankfully, the synopses for episodes 20, and especially 21, look to be getting back to the kind of stuff I liked. Episode 23 is going to bring back the CMC again, but I still think it will be good. We will supposedly learn the backstories of all the core ponies, and how they got their cutie marks. On top of that we will probably learn many other things about their childhoods, like their parents, their hometowns (if not Ponyville), and such. I think the CMC will not be the focus of that episode, but just a catalyst for the others, which is really what all NPCs should be.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • We can still discuss how the moral of this episode was basically "know your place".
  • We can still discuss how the moral of this episode was basically "know your place".
    I think it's funny that you guys seem to think that. To me, the message was definitely to stop trying to be something you aren't and just be yourself. A lot of people don't get that, and it leads them into unhappy circumstances. If you just do what comes naturally to you, you are likely to end up a lot happier.
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • That Pony Korea strip is awesome!

This past episiode was below the usual standards of the show but I did love the music during the montage over the map.
  • Heh, The CMC return again in episode 23, but I think even the CMC haters will enjoy this one.
    Original Airdate: 2011-04-15

Synopsis: The crusaders look for Twilight and the other ponies to learn how they got their cutie marks.
  • edited March 2011
    We can still discuss how the moral of this episode was basically "know your place".
    I think it's funny that you guys seem to think that. To me, the message was definitely to stop trying to be something you aren't and just be yourself. A lot of people don't get that, and it leads them into unhappy circumstances. If you just do what comes naturally to you, you are likely to end up a lot happier.
    When I finally understood this, I became a lot more than 20% cooler let-me-tell-you. Back before I started college, I wanted to be a sysadmin. Now I know that the radio is where I belong. If I had a cutie mark, it'd be an SM-57 or an old vacuum tube radio, not a computer. I still love computers and I'll never stop loving them, but it's behind the mike where I feel that sense of awesome. Now I have a ton of great friends and I really feel like I'm swimming with life's currents, rather than trying to overpower the waves.

Also, notice that it was Fluttershy that brought peace to the Koreas. Rainbow Dash would have rather had them duke it out.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • From a youtube comment
    "iiiiiiiiiiiiin West Philly-delphia born and raised, on the ranches is where i spent most of my days,

Chillin out, dashin, relaxin all cool, bein a pony like a pony fool.

Where a couple of flies, who were up to no good, started eatin everythin in my neighborhood, it was one little blight and everyone got scared saying "Run everypony, every foal and mare!""