This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I don't get why everyone dislikes the baby ponies. I think they're adorable, and I like the episodes dealing with cutie marks. :P
    Although I admit its taking too long, especially when its been made obvious what their talents/specialnesses are.
  • I don't get why everyone dislikes the baby ponies. I think they're adorable, and I like the episodes dealing with cutie marks. :P
    Although I admit its taking too long, especially when its been made obvious what their talents/specialnesses are.

I don't think anybody is really hating the CMCs, but I can see how people can be annoyed with how much screen time they are getting.
  • That gif is hiralious:D
  • That gif is hiralious:D
    I just love how well it works.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, it's funny how their talents were revealed within 3 minutes in the latest episode. Had they even been hinted at before?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    Yeah, it's funny how their talents were revealed within 3 minutes in the latest episode. Had they even been hinted at before?
    Sweetiebelle's was in the last episode when she dropped some gospel tracks on Fluttershy.
  • Had they even been hinted at before?
    Not that I've seen, other than Scootaloo's name sort of gives it away.

Speaking of names... here's something interesting.

Big Macintosh was called Big Macintosh is whole life? Granny Smith was called Granny when she was a baby? It's clear that some ponies have surnames, for example Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Pie is Pinkie's last name. But other's don't? There was a tiny pony who had a few seconds of screen time in the latest episode who also had a last name of Pie.
  • edited March 2011
    It can't be long before the CMCs get their cutie marks, perhaps in episode 23 (which is probably their next major appearance). After they get them, their purpose will be fulfilled, so I doubt they'll get any real screen time. Personally, I'm fine with them as characters. I don't find them annoying, and they serve to illustrate the nature of the cutie mark, which seems rather important to Equestrian society.
  • edited March 2011
    Peachy Pie, Her tail does look similar to Pinkie Pie's. They could be related.

On a side note the Production Team has said the Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash are not related, but I'm confused because at the end of this episode Applejack and Rarity are there for their sisters, but what is Rainbow Dash doing there?

Is it a Big Brother/Big Sister(charity) deal?
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • Gandalf's Girth Time:
    I betcha that Pinkie Pie is related to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mrs. Cake is actually Granny Pie's daughter, making her Pinkie's mother, but for whatever reason (let's remember she's the Cloudcookoolander at the best of times) Pinkie decided to take the Pie surname instead of Cake. Mr. Cake might not be her father though, which could explain why she's a Pie and not a Cake.
  • I betcha that Pinkie Pie is related to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mrs. Cake is actually Granny Pie's daughter, making her Pinkie's mother
    Nope. Because in one episode Pinkie says "The Cakes finally let me run the shop..." You don't refer to your mother and your step-father as "The Cakes."
  • I betcha that Pinkie Pie is related to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mrs. Cake is actually Granny Pie's daughter, making her Pinkie's mother
    Nope. Because in one episode Pinkie says "The Cakes finally let me run the shop..." You don't refer to your mother and your step-father as "The Cakes."
    One word (which is a compound word): Cloudcookoolander.

• What happens when there are to many ponies and not enough seats to ride the ferris wheel?!
  • edited March 2011
    I betcha that Pinkie Pie is related to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mrs. Cake is actually Granny Pie's daughter, making her Pinkie's mother
    I don't remember that, but she calls Mrs Cake "Mrs Cake" in Applebuck Season now that I've checked.

The MLP Wiki has a transcript here.

• What happens when there are to many ponies and not enough seats to ride the ferris wheel?!
    That is just horrible.
  • Peachy Pie, Her tail does look similar to Pinkie Pie's. They could be related.
    They share skating ability, and reciting a poem on roller skates is a very Pinkie Pie-like thing to do, so I'd say they are very likely to be related.

That is just horrible.
    I made it 41 seconds and couldn't take it anymore.
  • On a side note the Production Team has said the Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash are not related, but I'm confused because at the end of this episode Applejack and Rarity are there for their sisters, but what is Rainbow Dash doing there?
    She's probably just friends with Scootaloo; they have plenty in common.
  • So did anyone else catch what could have been a nod to a very old Sesame Street bit?
  • I convinced/forced/bribed Jeremy to watch the first episode. He then wanted to watch episode 2. Now he's singing the theme song to my cats.

SUCCESS!

I think I'm gonna just stick with the FIM...
  • I gotta say I really like the guitar on the song from the talent show :O
    Not a great episode but funny nonetheless :D

• It's a nice combination of the Skyrim trailer and MLP.
  • I am trying not to force this onto my RPG group...But they are making it hard because they have Independently come up with a Term "Ponying" for when you are Randomly rolling Dice for no reason during a session and you get a awesome roll. (Based of someone rolling for Dreaming and having an awesome dream about ponies.)

The Skyrim trailer is awesome - so awesome in fact it appeared on the official Skyrim blog. With things like the Holy Hand-grenades in New Vegas I wouldn't be surprised if there is some out of the way MLP Reference somewhere in the game because of this.
  • Ok. I'm convinced this Faust person know what she's doing. You don't "Accidentally" make a Philly Flasher joke.
  • Ok. I'm convinced this Faust person know what she's doing. You don't "Accidentally" make a Philly Flasher joke.
    What? Where?
    What? Where?
    One of Rainbow Dash's special moves in the Gala tickets episode.
  • "Then I would mesmerize them with my Fantastic Filly Flash. And for my grand finale, The Buccaneer Blaze."
    I think you're reading too much into it.
  • edited March 2011
    I normally just lurk on the forums, but I thought this was one of the best mash-ups and no one else has mentioned it yet:

This person has done all the Dr. Horrible songs up to "A Man's Gotta Do What A Man's Gotta Do," and they all work really surprisingly well with Rainbow Dash as Dr. Horrible, Twilight Sparkle as Penny, and Applejack as Captain Hammer. I don't know if they'll do any more, but what's been done so far is definitely worth checking out.
    Post edited by CaptainBooshi on