This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• did anyone notice this in The Show Stoppers?

It looks like a code similar to the Futurama code
  • It looks like a code similar to the Futurama code
    That's just the pony written language. Everywhere pony writing is visible it looks like that.
  • I noticed it but, not being a nerd, didn't care and just enjoyed the show.
  • edited March 2011
    not being a nerd
    Liar.
    There are 10 unique symbols in a 25-letter message - it could be a letter replacement scheme with English, but chances are the animators just threw something down, so we might not be able to translate that into non-gibberish.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I just find it hard to believe that someone could like a character that is so completely bitchy.
    Dr. Horse.
  • not being a nerd
    Liar.
    There are 10 unique symbols in a 25-letter message - it could be a letter replacement scheme with English, but chances are the animators just threw something down, so we might not be able to translate that into non-gibberish.
    I'm almost certain it's gibberish, the letter frequencies are improbable, to say the least.
  • Are there fansubs of the show for people who don't have official localizations? If not, we should make some.
    I know some Mandarin and would seriously work on a translation. I tried doing scanlations from Chinese but everything was in traditional characters so it was too much work, so I'm open for a project to work on.
  • edited March 2011
    Wow, episode that was almost half about Rarity and I loved it. I could say that it's all because of Fluttershy, but no Raritys character really worked in the episode. My favorite thing though was the thing with Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie hasn't been that funny in a while, maybe even funniest Pinkie Pieism yet.

Edit: Also pony with a top hat and monocle, now that's one classy pony.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I want awesome techno music to play whenever I am "on screen."

Also, you know those spa ponies. They are totally waiting for James Bond to show up.

• James Bond
    [incredibly easy pun]James Pony[/incredibly easy pun]
  • J. D. Salinger is tired of all you ponies :P
  • This episode was all Pinkie Pie for me, and I'm generally not a Pinkie Pie person... I lost it for the EVER from the bowl, lost it!
  • This episode was all Pinkie Pie for me, and I'm generally not a Pinkie Pie person... I lost it for the EVER from the bowl, lost it!
    I think the best was when she ate the apple.
  • Isn't a cutie mark supposed to be about what makes a pony unique? The spa ponies have the same lotus mark.
  • FOREVER.

<3 Pinkie Pie.

Rarity gained points with me this episode. Fluttershy gained more, though.

And Photo Finish was awesome.
  • And Photo Finish was Lady Gaga.
  • edited March 2011
    What? The Diamond Dogs episode just confirmed that she's a total bitch. Also, that episode taught you that whining is the best way to get what you want.
    Dude, Rarity Batmannd them.
    This.

Rarity got some points this episode, but Fluttershy stole the show.
    However, Pinkie Pie's appearances were brilliant and hilarious.

Also, apparently Photo Finish is a parody of Anna Wintour (editor-in-chief of Vogue). It's easy to associate crazy fashion people with Lady Gaga, though; I wouldn't have known shit without having googled it just now out of interest. Apparently Hoity Toity is a parody of some Karl Lagerfeld, yet another person I know nothing about.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • And Photo Finish was Lady Gaga.
    I don't know much about Lady Gaga, but I know she's just a girl from Long Island. She's not a German fashion photographer.
  • Most of what I like about Pinkie Pie is the way she reacts to things. I don't know why, but it always feels a touch... off.

Also, guy in this cartoon would be Scott if he still had a car. Or felt shame:
  • edited March 2011
    Hmm, so the blue spa pony appeared before, at the end of the Zecora episode. Apparently /co/ decided before this episode that she had a twin sister, and are quite happy to have been proven right.
    As for the cutie marks, Cheerilee said "A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that certain something that makes them different from every other pony." - clearly incorrect. I guess the cutie mark describes each pony's specialty, but isn't necessarily unique.
  • As for the cutie marks, Cheerilee said "A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that certain something that makes them different from every other pony." - clearly incorrect.
    Bahhh, pre-school teachers... what do they know? The Ponyville teachers union keeping her job afloat.
  • Pinkie Pie was fantastic in the last episode! How did she appear in the mirror! So was Twilight Sparkle, she had to do everything she could to hold back her logic and keep the secrets. Also, Flutteryshy's scream was so much win.
  • And Photo Finish was Lady Gaga and therefore not awesome.
  • I said she was Lady Gaga because Lady Gaga has the same white hair and bangs.
  • edited March 2011
    Irrespective of the level of Pony Gaga-ness, Photo Finish was awesome.
  • I've now seen the 2nd episode, I really like Fluttershy.

And I've begun to assimilate more people into the Pony cult. It...Has begun.
    I'm terrified. But having a good time nonetheless.
  • I've now seen the 2nd episode, I really like Fluttershy.
    *inhaaaaaale* yay