This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• My favorite is the Gilda episode. She was a character that really needed to become a recurring side character. I hope they bring her back.
  • On that topic, what's the best episode of this show?
    Dragonshy, Sonic Rainboom and Bridle Gossip are my three favourite episodes.
  • On that topic, what's the best episode of this show?
    Dragonshy, Sonic Rainboom and Bridle Gossip are my three favourite episodes.
    These are my EXACT three as well!

With a Dog and Pony show as fourth.
  • Applejack Engineer
  • Children's show mashup?

Children's show mash-up.
  • A lot of people agree that the pilot is kind of a middle-of-the-road episode, compared to the other amazing ones.
    Yeeeeeaaaah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. There is pretty much no such thing as an amazing episode of this show. It's fun, energetic, funny, cute, and did I mention FUN? But definitely not amazing.
  • It's very subjective. Amazing to him doesn't have to be amazing to you. In truth, only time can offer an objective opinion.
  • edited March 2011
    It's very subjective. Amazing to him doesn't have to be amazing to you. In truth, only time can offer an objective opinion.
    Time can't offer an opinion at all.
    In any case, the key is to make clear what either person means by "amazing"; given that, the disagreement can be resolved.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Currently working on an environment piece for Cloudsdale so went back to check out Sonic Rainboom, sketching out and extrapolating the main architectural elements presented in the city from the episode. Not much was shown though, but it should be enough for me to compose a satisfactory piece. Quite a challenging piece, im only ever used to drawing real city scape and mechanical pieces...you guys think i missed anything?

Photobucket
  • That Move Along/Giggle at the Ghostie mash-up works far better than it has a right to.
  • That Cooking by the Book mash-up is far too perfect for its own good.
  • My roommate's observations after watching up through episode 9 (without me, the jerk!):
    1. Rainbow Dash is a lesbian
    2. Pinkie Pie is a troll (The Derp face, she fits so perfectly with the "problem" face all the time)
    3. Fluttershy is a badass, especially with her black guy voice
    4. And, of course, the show is amazing and the writers are aware of the real audience
  • edited March 2011
    My roommate's observations after watching up through episode 9 (without me, the jerk!):
    1. Rainbow Dash is a lesbian
    2. Pinkie Pie is a troll (The Derp face, she fits so perfectly with the "problem" face all the time)
    3. Fluttershy is a badass, especially with her black guy voice
    4. And, of course, the show is amazing and the writers are aware of the real audience
    If they wanted us to think Rainbow Dash is a lesbian, they would've put some sort of gay pride symbol on her tail and mane.

Oh wait.....
    Post edited by jtvh on
  • edited March 2011
    This is pretty awesome:
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I love watching Ponies on my iPhone while I'm on the go!
  • on the go
    You just caused something to happen. Something big. Something that will happen as soon as I get home and get access to Photoshop.

Oh shit son, it's on.
  • Oh god.
    No, God can't save us now. It's too late. It's been done.

Abandon all hope.
  • It's very subjective. Amazing to him doesn't have to be amazing to you. In truth, only time can offer an objective opinion.
    In any case, the key is to make clear what either person means by "amazing"; given that, the disagreement can be resolved.
    Good point. I should clarify:

If you find these episodes inspire amazement in you, then you have led a sheltered life that I find very sad indeed.
  • Oh god.

Abandon all hope.
    Oh, I have.
    There is at least something of a plus side, though - our pony factor is going to rise. Hell, it's already ~20%, which is twice the steady 10% it was settling down to.
  • Oh god.

Abandon all hope.
    Run for your lives!
  • You just caused something to happen. Something big. Something that will happen as soon as I get home and get access to Photoshop.

Oh shit son, it's on.
    Funny story, I thought of doing this last week, because I saw that hasbro had a my little pony carrying case, which was called "My little pony - On the Go" and I was like, you know what would be funny...

I forgot about it soon after because I had stuff to do.
  • And so the end of the world was averted, only to come shortly afterwards.
    Good point. I should clarify:

If you find these episodes inspire amazement in you, then you have led a sheltered life that I find very sad indeed.
    The "Amazing" factor comes from the quality of the show. This show is good, better than it should be, that fact is amazing.

Amazing: Causing great surprise

It isn't a note of quality, it is an emotional reaction.
  • It's great surprise that a fucking toy show is good.
  • The "Amazing" factor comes from the quality of the show. This show is good, better than it should be, that fact is amazing.
    Okay, that's fair.
  • Congratulations, everyone. We're currently at ~30% pony factor, thanks to today's resurgence. I'm not counting the "Where in the flying fuck is Rainbow Dash?" thread, though, since despite the help in mind-share it's not really a pony thread (although a couple of the comments in it ought to count).