This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I think it's canopy, it is uncontrolled forest and a place where you can't really even see the sky is good environment for scary stories to grow.
    Also I learned a new word today, thanks Scott.
  • I think it's canopy, it is uncontrolled forest and a place where you can't really even see the sky is good environment for scary stories to grow.
    Also I learned a new word today, thanks Scott.
    You didn't know the word canopy?
  • You didn't know the word canopy?
    Nope. I might have met it before but hadn't stuck into my mind. It's not a word I see or hear often at least. Remember I'm not natural English speaker and vocabulary is quite limited, compared to yours for example.
  • edited March 2011
    Equestria is a country, not a world. That has been clearly stated. Zecora comes from a different country on the same planet.
    Now riddle me this. Why would a sun controlling god only rule over a small portion of the world. Or does sun work differently in Equestria than other lands? I believe that although Celestia most likely is powerful the thing with the sun is just a legend she tells to impress her people.
    Well, except that the Ponies don't believe in the legend. They kept calling it an "Old Pony Tale" and even Twilight Sparkle was shocked when Celestria called Luna "Sister" which suggests that she didn't realize the Princess from the legend and Celestria were the same pony.
    Post edited by Gundampilotspaz on
  • OHMANS. The Buffalo. This episode is SO laughing at itself. It may be one of my favorites so far.
  • A need to make a choice for translations: do the ponies refer to each other with words for humans or for animals?
  • Humans. If ponies were like animals, Fluttershy would be able to control other ponies too.
  • Humans. If ponies were like animals, Fluttershy would be able to control other ponies too.
    I believe it was suggested in Staremaster that she could use the stare on ponies, just she doesn't like to.
  • Stupid question - the guy hosting all of the episodes on youtube seems to have been reported to death. Where are you guys finding episodes?
  • Stupid question - the guy hosting all of the episodes on youtube seems to have been reported to death. Where are you guys finding episodes?
    Uh oh, he was working just earlier. Hasbro is making a bad move here. There is another YouTube user named mylittlepony1080p, but it doesn't have the new episode yet. The pensivepony account has half the new episode, but not HD. You can also download the episode from Megaupload, but also not HD and with commercials.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/mast3rlinkx-videos-removed-from-youtube.html
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/over-barrel-discussionstreamdownloads.html
  • People are also using synchtube which lets you watch youtube videos at the same time as other people.

http://www.synchtube.com/r/filly
  • If anyone has the hub and an HD capture card, we can start making 1080p torrents ourselves.
  • Yeah, it would be so much better if there were just an RSS feed I could subscribe to to get pony episodes.

Also, I must agree that Hasbro is quite clearly making a bad move here. The more people see this show on YouTube and such, the more they can potentially make off toys...
  • So how bout that episode? Pretty good allegory of the issues between 1800's settlers and Indians, but it brings me to an interesting connundrum:
    Apple trees take a decade or more to mature and produce fruit. Unless all the trees on the Appleloosa orchard were transplants like AppleJack's then there's no way they'd have had that big of a crop that early in the town's development. Same deal back in Winter Wrap-Up with them planting apple seeds.

Also GG: AppleJack's family must be inbred as fuck.
  • I'm still waiting for a decent release of this episode.
  • I found some MLP 720p torrents out there, but there is also individual ones of 1-20 from Ponychan.
  • edited March 2011
    Apparently the full episode is on YouTube now, but not in 720p.

I think I'll wait for a higher-quality release.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, it would be so much better if there were just an RSS feed I could subscribe to to get pony episodes.

Also, I must agree that Hasbro is quite clearly making a bad move here. The more people see this show on YouTube and such, the more they can potentially make off toys...
    Ah, apparently they're also selling the episodes on iTunes. If they're making significant money off that, their desire to have it off YouTube makes more sense.

Nonetheless, two questions remain:
    How much does having it on Youtube actually impact iTunes sales?
    How does this compare to the toy sales they would get?
  • edited March 2011
    Considering their ridiculous price of $3 per episode on iTunes, the fact that there continues to be DRM on iTunes video downloads, and the fact that this is only in the U.S. iTunes store (and presumably in no other), I would say that the majority of people viewing it on YouTube aren't really potential iTunes customers anyway.

As such, if Hasbro is indeed taking down people who post their videos on YouTube, they are doing themselves and everyone else a disservice. Hell, they should be putting up the episodes on YouTube themselves.
  • Man, that new episode was fantastic. That ending part was hysterical, and you gotta love what happened with Pinkie Pie.
  • edited March 2011
    Man, that new episode was fantastic.
    Indeed. We're talking a HUGE leap in quality, here. Desperately hoping that the show maintains this new standard.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Man, that new episode was fantastic.
    Indeed. We're talking a HUGE leap in quality, here. Desperately hoping that the show maintains this new standard.
    Are you saying it was significantly better than every previous episode?
  • edited March 2011
    Man, that new episode was fantastic.
    Are you saying it was significantly better than every previous episode?
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The "silly jokes and cartoon violence" dial got turned way the fuck up for this episode. I want the whole show to start being as good as this.
    Post edited by Sail on

• I'll never be able hear that song again without seeing this.

Related, but not near as awesome.

Also, Pinkie Pie is Jack Nicholson.
    imageimage
  • edited March 2011
    Are the iTunes downloads full quality 1080p? Is there a way to crack the iTunes DRM? If so, let's all chip in moneys. I will buy the episodes, break the DRM, and make a torrent.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • Ok, apparently episode one of the show is free on iTunes. I'm getting it in HD, and checking to see if they even put DRM on the free episode. If they do, I can experiment with removing it.
  • edited March 2011
    Are the iTunes downloads full quality 1080p? Is there a way to crack the iTunes DRM? If so, let's all chip in moneys. I will buy the episodes, break the DRM, and make a torrent.
    Based on what I see here, someone has already cracked and uploaded many of the iTunes downloads, but they're in 720p and from what I read in that thread the colors are washed out, and many people in that thread were messing around with color correction. In general, I think the HDTV release is pretty decent, but I believe that being broadcast TV it's actually 1080i rather than 1080p and you still have the issue of the Hub logos and the other various annoyances you get as the result of broadcast TV.

This seems to be a reasonably comprehensive summary on MLP downloads, though it hasn't been updated for episode 21 yet.

I guess the best thing to do would be to compare the iTunes release to the broadcast to see which is preferable; then, after choosing a preferred source, collating a full list of high quality episodes into a torrent would be great, since megaupload is generally inconvenient. I'd say that 720p vs 1080p isn't really a major concern; I'm generally quite satisfied with 720p video and though my computer screen can display full 1080p, many computer screens can not (though quite a lot of them are capable of 720p). In addition to that, setting up an RSS feed for automatic downloading of future episodes would be very useful indeed.

I suspect the iTunes releases will be superior overall due to the lack of logos, though they may require color correction.
  • This is hilarious. The forum is going ape-shit about this show, about how it's the newest and greatest show for ages, and how you just can't get enough of it.

And now you can't watch it for free.

But you can't bring yourself to pay for it on iTunes. Three dollars? That's seriously too much for latest and greatest show? You're wanting to chip in money and break iTunes DRM? And you call yourselves fans? Man up! Either say "Fuckit, it's just a dumb cartoon" and go on with your life without it, or pay the TINY cost of watching the show, as requested by the genius creators you so love.