This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Holy mother of crap... The hourglass!

Sickness.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited April 2011
    Rainbow Dash wins, unsurprisingly, but Twilight is second!?
    Also, why don't people like Sweetie Belle?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Rainbow Dash wins, unsurprisingly, but Twilight is second!?
    Don't be hating on my Twilight Sparkle.
  • Rainbow Dash wins, unsurprisingly, but Twilight is second!?
    Also, why don't people like Sweetie Belle?
    I also don't understand. I don't like the CMC, but if I have to pick, It's Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo is pretty cool, but she hasn't really don't enough. Sweetie Belle is better at singing than Twinkie Pie. Hush Now Quiet Now is almost as good as Winter Wrap Up.
  • Fluttershy is a close second, unsurprisingly.
  • Fluttershy is a close second, unsurprisingly.
    Looks like the rankings have improved since 4 hours ago. I agree with Fluttershy > Twilight and with Rarity > Applejack.
    Pinkie Pie is underrepresented compared to here on the FRC forum, though.
  • There is a movie or *something* that uses a similar idea to the ending of Sonic Rainboom, and I can’t quite remember what it is.
    The concept of trying and failing over and over and then pulling out the move just at the time when it is needed most. I know that’s a fairly mainstream idea, but for some reason, I think there is a really obvious movie that did this trick.. Maybe a side character who is trying to do something the whole movie and then it works right at the end.

Its bugging the hell out of me.

I want to say its an animation… :/

I must have watched Sonic Rainboom about 20 times already, and every time the ending is just as good. That insane roaring like a jet engine as rainbow tears down, the music, and GOD DAMN, that sound effect that accompanies the sonic rainboom as it back fills the arena with colour… EPIC.

Sonic Rainboom, just that one episode, has already made MLP in my top 3 series of ALL TIME. Of course, the rest are good too, but Christ… There must have been high fives all round the office at the final cutting of that episode, like, Fuck yeah, look what we done created!

MLP is the real deal aye. Who would have thought????
  • Sonic Rainboom, just that one episode, has already made MLP in my top 3 series of ALL TIME.
    That's going too far.
  • Sonic Rainboom, just that one episode, has already made MLP in my top 3 series of ALL TIME.
    That's going too far.
  • edited April 2011
    Post edited by Ikatono on
    That's going too far.
    How on earth is that "going too far"? Anyone can choose which series to be a fan of-while i wouldnt put MP FIM as one of my absolute favs, its in my top 10 cartoons easily.
  • edited April 2011
    Sonic Rainboom, just that one episode, has already made MLP in my top 3 series of ALL TIME.
    That's going too far.
    How on earth is that "going too far"? Anyone can choose which series to be a fan of-while i wouldn't put MP FIM as one of my absolute favs, its in my top 10 cartoons easily.
    Yeah, I originally thought top 10 for sure, maybe top 5. But a lot of series are good because they hold their quality right to the end. MLP is a little up and down, but the BEST episodes are so good that they can carry the show. Sonic Rainboom, Dragonshy, winter Wrap up, Boast Busters, even Dog and pony + Over a Barrel.

Its hard to explain, but I haven't loved a series this much in so long. There are other good recent series for sure, Archer, venture, adventure time etc. But something about the ponies... its just so good.

It's like they passed one final filter over the show - the awesomeness filter. Its just 20% cooler than anything else.

"Of all time" is probably a bit extreme. But right now? NOTHING compares to the ponies. Its the shit.
  • edited April 2011
    Your statement was "top 3 series of all time". If what you meant was "top 3 U.S. cartoons of all time ok maybe not all time", then that's a whole different matter.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2011
    Your statement was "top 3 series of all time". If what you meant was "top 3 U.S. cartoons of all time ok maybe not all time", then that's a whole different matter.
    Nah, I didn't meant that. I did mean all time.
    I just watched Dexter 5, True blood 3, Sherlock and Walking dead.

All good. Ponies better.

Its the fun factor!

I just listed those cartoons for a comparison of series that nerds (us) might also like and compare Ponies too, and that are current. I.e. compete with Ponies right now.

What are your top 3 series of all time? Or top 5 even? I know its hard.

Off the top of my head (and in order):

Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    Invader ZIM
    Dexter (s1 and s4 in particular)
    Doctor who

So yeah, now that I think about it, perhaps Ponies doesn't make the cut YET.

But Ponies is the best series CURRENTLY RUNNING :)

And if by some miracle it keeps going and retains its quality... who knows.
  • I would personally put regular TV shows in different categories with all ages cartoons. I'm not sure if I can put it in the same league as some of my favorite shows quite yet, because this is still just Season 1. A GREAT Season 1 with a wide-sweeping internet fandom, but I don't think it's hitting me as personally as some of the cartoons I still cherish (Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack). I fully believe it will reach there because of the people behind it, but the proof is in the ponies. Just, more episodes like Applebuck Season AND NOT like Feeling Pinkie Keen.
  • To flex an outdated word. MLP:FiM is in my top ten favorite Occidental Cartoons.
  • edited April 2011
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Young Rainbow Dash. D'awwww.
    That needs to be like 20% cooler.
  • Young Rainbow Dash. D'awwww.
    Drop that shit in the E-Land coloring book.
  • edited April 2011
    Young Rainbow Dash. D'awwww.
    Drop that shit in the E-Land coloring book.
    That is a brilliant idea. Remind me in 5 months.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • VERY IMPORTANT:

Vote on end of Cutie Mark Chronicles Episode. All endings involve Rainbow Dash!
    http://www.hubworld.com/mylittleponytales
  • Also, only the Sonic Rainboom ending fits with continuity.
    It's also the only one with young Fluttershy, which has to approach near-intolerable levels of cute.
    It's also the only one with young Fluttershy, which has to approach near-intolerable levels of cute.
    I actually like the other two endings because one means we see Rainbow's parents, who I assume must be Mr. and Mrs. Dash. or yet more D&D; monsters. However, I voted for #1 because you can't be having no continuity mixups like that. It would mean Rainbow totally lied in those previous episodes.

Also 1000x points if Rainbow's mom is a chef with a spice rack on her ass.

But, the lightning one opens new possibilities, and can still fit into the continuity (e.g., it's the only reason she can cause a Sonic Rainboom in the first place).
    But, the lightning one opens new possibilities, and can still fit into the continuity (e.g., it's the only reason she can cause a Sonic Rainboom in the first place).
    It fits in that regard, but she already said very clearly that she got her cutie mark after a race.