This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Twilight Sparkle wins every time.
    Magic HAX like Raiden.
  • edited April 2011
    Fighting game special moves:

Twilight Sparkle: Teleport
    Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom
    Flutteryshy: Bunny Stampede
    Applejack: Applebuck

Pinkie Pie: Sings a song or throws a party to stun the opponent. OR Precognition, where Pinkie Pie uses her precognition to avoid something the opponent doesn't see coming

Rarity: Whine
    Spike: Lance or Fire Breath
    Post edited by Gundampilotspaz on
  • We need a Pony fighting game
    Twilight Sparkle wins every time.
    That made Guile's Sonic Boom
    (puts on shades) 20% cooler.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
  • This may be of interest to everyone (I know I'm excited!) Tailsteak has started writing a FiM-based RPG

Tailsteak, of course, being the author of the incredible One Over Zero and more recently Leftover Soup.
  • AWO is going to be on ANNCast this week, this is your opportunity to flood Daryl and Gerald with Pony related questions. https://twitter.com/annzac/status/57605669787938816
  • Anyone posted this one yet? Just found it.

Oh Celestia, yo so crazy.
  • Not to toot my own horn (actually, totally tooting my own horn) this April Fools we put a pony into our Red Alert 3 mod, and I wrote a little article on our wiki about it. It was a sort of experiment to see how many people would laugh because it was My Little Pony, and how many people would laugh because it was My Little Pony.

Here's the wiki article. Yes, the pony is actually a fully animated, ingame unit.
  • Think Geek has a pwnies kid's shirt
    Waaaay to close to the original, crappy designs.
  • Waaaay to close to the original, crappy designs.
    That's because the shirt is at least 2-3 years old and pre-FiM.
  • I just re-watched episode 2 and something in it caught my attention. When the sun rises Princess Celestia appears. But after she appears we no longer see the sun. So does Celestia move the sun as popular knowledge suggests or is she more connected to it than we know? Is she the Equestria bound embodiment of the sun? Do we ever see Celestia and the sun in the same frame? I don't know as I've only just started looking for proof but I don't remember it happening off the top of my head. Also, since Celestia's cutie mark is a sun does that mean that a pony's cutie mark doesn't just imply their special strengths or traits but also weaknesses (an apple takes a long time to ripen so Applejack might not be very open to change) and maybe even destinies?

Just an odd little thought I had. It probably is making a mountain out of a mole hill and data mining for clues but I'm glad to have gotten it out.
  • edited April 2011
    How bad is it that I've had nightmares with Pinkie Pie on two separate occasions now?
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • edited April 2011
    How bad is it that I've had nightmares with Pinkie Pie on two separate occasions now?
    Really bad. Next stage you'll be giggling at the nightmares. Then... Poof.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • DIY MLPFiM hoodie I made this weekend, apologies for crappy cell-phone camera flash auras:

Front

Back

In hindsight, I wish I'd used separate iron-on letters, rather than printing them onto the Avery iron-on sheets, as I couldn't get the printer-black quite dark enough. Which is of course something I'll keep in mind as I ponder some possible Pinkie Pie-inspired wardrobe options.
  • Waaaay to close to the original, crappy designs.
    That's because the shirt is at least 2-3 years old and pre-FiM.
    That's lame. It came up on top of ThinkGeek's "new products" RSS feed yesterday. I write a bi-weekly t-shirt column and rely on feeds like that to show me only new designs, so hopefully it's just new to them, and they're not gaming their own feed.
  • That's lame. It came up on top of ThinkGeek's "new products" RSS feed yesterday. I write a bi-weekly t-shirt column and rely on feeds like that to show me only new designs, so hopefully it's just new to them, and they're not gaming their own feed.
    It is a new product - they're now offering it in kid's sizes.
  • edited April 2011
    [deleted -- lost track of the forum]
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • People have been linking the PMVs...but I don't think anyone has linked this parody song. The Original is one of them ear-worming songs which I have heard sometime but never went out to try and find it...now there is a pony version.

• MAST3RLINKX RETURNS!!!!!!

Is it a fluke? An error? A bug? Or is Hasbro smart? WHO KNOWS? WHO CARES?

HD FOR EVERYPONY
  • edited April 2011
    Wha?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • MAST3RLINKX RETURNS!!!!!!

Is it a fluke? An error? A bug? Or is Hasbro smart? WHO KNOWS? WHO CARES?

HD FOR EVERYPONY
    Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.
  • edited April 2011
    HD FOR EVERYPONY
    Holy fuck you nerds.

yay
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I just watched another episode. It was better than the pilot double episodes, but still didn't blow me away.
  • I just watched another episode. It was better than the pilot double episodes, but still didn't blow me away.
    At least you gave it a chance. May I ask which one you watched? I assume it was episode 3, with the tickets? If you are willing to give it one more shot, might I suggest episode 7, it has a dragon with a treasure!
  • I remember everyone enjoying Sonic Rainboom, so I tired that. It was amusing to have on while I chatted with someone on Facebook.
  • I remember everyone enjoying Sonic Rainboom, so I tired that. It was amusing to have on while I chatted with someone on Facebook.
    Yeah, we mostly like that one because we are Rainbow Dash fanboys.
  • Bridle Gossip would be my next recommendation.