This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited April 2011
    When are they going to get their gosh darn cutie marks?? I know we can pretty much guess them, but still... I wanna know already!
    I hope for an episode where one of them gets their cutiemark and that tears them apart.
    The complex plot and character development appreciating side of me agrees with you, but every other part of me is calling you a monster.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • When are they going to get their gosh darn cutie marks?? I know we can pretty much guess them, but still... I wanna know already!
    I hope for an episode where one of them gets their cutiemark and that tears them apart.
    The complex plot and character development appreciating side of me agrees with you, but every other part of me is calling you a monster.
    What can I say. I'm into some character centered drama. Being evil to characters is best that writer can do to me.
  • This episode was filled with so much "Dawwwwww." Especially from Twilight's story, I think her's was my favorite. And every Rainbow Dash fan would probably be shivering in their seat from awesomeness from what happened. This was just such a great fan episode because it set up so much mythos and speculation, not to mention the references set up were so fun.
  • Ok, so.

How come in Sonic Rainboom the Cloudsdale jock ponies said that the Sonic Rainboom was an old pony's tale, but they saw one!
  • edited April 2011
    Not only that but doesn't Rainbow Dash admit that she's never accomplished a Sonic Rainboom before?

Edit: Okay, no. Rainbow Dash did accomplish it. What's more Pinkie Pie knew what a sonic rainboom was and Applejack knew that Rainbow Dash was the only pony ever to accomplish it.
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on
  • What's more Pinkie Pie knew what a sonic rainboom was
    Secret genius.
    Applejack knew that Rainbow Dash was the only pony ever to accomplish it.
    Rainbow Dash told her at some point in the past.
  • edited April 2011
    Maybe the jockeys didn't actually see the sonic rainboom. I remember one crashing into a cloud and no other pony was near Rainbow Dash as she accomplished it. They could have simply denied that RD was the cause.

On a side note, my guess for the next Equestria location: Applejack enters a rodeo competition in TimBuckTu.
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on
  • edited April 2011
    Now for some pony toys

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Ok, I found the first inconsistency within an episode because of a mistake in editing :(
    It looks like they animated Pinky pies cutie mark before it appeared for the first time when she was showing her parents what a party is :(
    It was still a fantastic episode, and that takes over the lack of editnig :P
  • Ok, so.

How come in Sonic Rainboom the Cloudsdale jock ponies said that the Sonic Rainboom was an old pony's tale, but they saw one!
    They're bullies, their whole point is to diminish accomplishments.
  • Ok, so.

They're bullies, their whole point is to diminish accomplishments.
    I think they didn't remember because one of them got knocked in the head and the other one was too confused by Rainbow Dash awesomeness to remember it.
  • Anybody else want to hear Pinkie Pie's Equestria Creation story?
  • I love Rainbow Dash's "I'm gonna get raped" face.

• We can't see her face in that picture, so here it is from a different angle.
  • Take a look at this video @ 11:59. I personally didn't even notice Derpy Hooves on my first viewing... but now...

I didn't notice this till watching in 720P, but look at that ferris wheel... LOOK AT THE FERRIS WHEEL!!!
  • Holy crap, Twilight Sparkle has the Avatar state...

Yes, I know you saw it in the first episode, but they had lots or weird shit, like those stones that have never come up again, and even Nightmare moon. I jut thought they threw it in to be like, "Hey look at Twilights eyes, wooooo..."

But Twilight TOTALLY goes Avatar on everyone, and I CANNOT WAIT to see this used in a future episode where it really matters!!! (I guess Dragonshy would have been a good time, but that is Flutters episode.)
  • If I had any issue with the episode, it would be that yeah, the bullies were just stereotypical, annoying bullies and I would of questioned if they ignored the Rainboom, but it's possible because one was flung away and the other one bashed into a pillar. And I think Applejack's origin was a little annoying, just because they played up Manehattan as that typical "The big city isn't as good as the country-farm" scenario. Seeing Little Macintosh was awesome though.
  • Seeing Little Macintosh was awesome though.
    That made me so freaking happy. Also, did any one get the same impression that Fluttershy is older than the other main ponies? She looked significantly taller in her flashback than any of the other ponies.
  • Latest episode is my new favorite episode. Watched it with my little niece. She likes the ponies now!
  • Seeing Little Macintosh was awesome though.
    That made me so freaking happy. Also, did any one get the same impression that Fluttershy is older than the other main ponies? She looked significantly taller in her flashback than any of the other ponies.
    She mentions at one point that she's a year older than Pinkie Pie.
  • Noticed that the Pie family's rock farm is just outside of Ponyville. WTF? Also, I thought Pinkie Pie lived in an apartment above Sugar Cube Corner, but at one point she talks about doing something "on the way back" as if she doesn't live there.

So Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie all are from Ponyville. We know how Twilight ended up there. I want to hear how Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy ended up in Ponyville. Perhaps it has something to do with Rainbow Dash being kicked out of flight camp?
  • Fluttershy did have longer legs than the other fillies, but I thought that was really cool because they had fun with the character's designs rather than copy/paste all of them. But, there's tons of other questions in terms of how ponies exactly function and age within this universe. Granny Smith still looked old, and when Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie officially moved to Ponyville.

And this is a nitpicky complaint of the newest episode too, but I expect LOTS of wangst fan art/fiction about Pinkie Pie's backstory.
  • edited April 2011
    there's tons of other questions in terms of how ponies exactly function and age within this universe.
    The problem is, they never give any specific ages. We know that the main cast are young-adults/adults in that they are older than the CMC but younger than, say, Mr. and Mrs.Cakes. Beyond that, we don't know much other than that Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Some pony musics, including some new Super Ponybeat:
  • there's tons of other questions in terms of how ponies exactly function and age within this universe. Granny Smith still looked old, and when Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie officially moved to Ponyville.
    Derpy Hooves doesn't seem to have aged at all. Could there be a portrait of Dorian Derp somewhere aging in proxy?
  • https://inkbunny.net/submissionview.php?id=93627&page=1

Actually really funny. This person could easily get a job writing for Bongo Comics.
  • https://inkbunny.net/submissionview.php?id=93627&page;=1

Actually really funny. This person could easily get a job writing for Bongo Comics.
    Eh, I thought it was so-so.
  • edited April 2011
    In an almost Rym-like level of anomaly hunting, I found this in the most recent episode. Specifically, the pink pony on the left. She's standing on clouds, but is a regular earth pony.

Achievement unlocked: Don't you have something better to do?: Notice an error in a children's cartoon.
    Post edited by Neito on