This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Anime.
  • Doctor Who.
  • Ok so. I found a new pony theme of YouTube video. The basic idea is you take the video of Rainbow Dash cowering in Sonic Rainboom and play unfitting music over it. This is the first one I found.

That led me to this next one, which I don't understand.

Then I found this one. As soon as the first two notes played I was like OH FUCK YOU. This officially wins the meme. There's nowhere else to go with this idea. We have a champion.
  • Cowering Rainbow Dash is sad/adorable.
  • This is actually part of a larger meme. There are a lot of "blank does blank while I play unfitting music" videos with lots of different characters, shows, songs, etc.
  • This is actually part of a larger meme. There are a lot of "blank does blank while I play unfitting music" videos with lots of different characters, shows, songs, etc.
    Submemes. We has them.
  • edited May 2011
    What is everyone else going to watch during pony draught, besides pony re-runs?
    Finish rewatching Eva, catch up with Doctor Who/Torchwood, and new South Park. Also still a few more eps of 30 Rock left in this season.
    Post edited by Sail on
    Submemes. We has them.
    Yes, it is a submeme. But it's not a new meme. The unfitting music meme is long pre-existing, and I guess doing it for this particular scene is popular, yes. But still a submeme. Not anything new.
  • What is everyone else going to watch during pony draught, besides pony re-runs?
    There is lots of things for me to watch during the ponybreak, some Dr Who, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross and other stuff that's on my "watch in the future" list. But there probably won't bee anything quite like the ponies, what I can watch while it's coming out and have discussions every week, every episode. That kind of stuff I will be missing during the break.
  • That song. Got damn it. I gotta go watch Eva.
  • I will be finishing Hokuto No Ken, finishing all of Hikaru no Go, and continue watching Doctor Who. :D
  • That song. Got damn it. I gotta go watch Eva.
    I know right?! Side note: I'm actually really curious as to how much of End of Eva will be put into the last two new movies. As fucked up as it was, it did have some cool elements that would be nice to see again (mostly the first half).
  • Ok, don't worry guys. When the Ponys are away until later this year there will be new episodes of South Park (like tonight) and also new Futurama starting in 50 days. Also, I'm watching Hajime no Ippo to strike balance. What is everyone else going to watch during pony draught, besides pony re-runs?
    Dr Who, BSG S4 (been saving it for a drought) and some Ghost: 1st gig.

And might check out the Song of Fire and Ice series. Anyone watched that? Wrong thread, I know.
  • Oh shits. I haven't head that song in like, a decade. Also, oh shit son, they just won the meme.
  • Anyone else think those four stars are going to be at the party to convince Nightmare Moon to give it a shot again with evilness?
  • Anyone else think those four stars are going to be at the party to convince Nightmare Moon to give it a shot again with evilness?
    No.
    No.
    Nope. We know for a fact that Luna isn't featured this season outside of the opening episodes.
  • So far the TV-Guide episode descriptions have been very accurate. They are going to go to the Gala, and it's not going to live up to their expectations that they had in the Ticket Master episode. They'll probably have to learn some lesson about what happens when you set your expectations too high.
  • So far the TV-Guide episode descriptions have been very accurate. They are going to go to the Gala, and it's not going to live up to their expectations that they had in the Ticket Master episode. They'll probably have to learn some lesson about what happens when you set your expectations too high.
    Don't forget, 20 person choir. Has to be this episode.
    Don't forget, 20 person choir. Has to be this episode.
    Truth.
  • Grand Galloping Gala. This is today, people.
    Eyup.

I already got it ready to record on my DVR. Going to watch it when I get home and then go see Thor afterwards. That will be an interesting contrast...
  • I am wearing my RD cutie-mark necklace in anticipation of the big event. Sadly, the only other brony I know of in my office is out today (for unrelated reasons, if you can believe that).

No.
    Nope. We know for a fact that Luna isn't featured this season outside of the opening episodes.
    I'm really really really want this to have been a lie in order to mess with the fans.
  • edited May 2011
    Anyone else think those four stars are going to be at the party to convince Nightmare Moon to give it a shot again with evilness?
    No.
    I'm really really really want this to have been a lie in order to mess with the fans.
    It's probably not. However if it is, she would probably only make a minor appearance. The episode seems to be too focused on the buildup of their expectations established previously to include a subplot including Luna. However if it was different I could probably say that there is a possible subplot involving them getting to know Luna at the gala and the next thing we know there are 7 main ponies for season two....
    Post edited by magnusrex on
  • edited May 2011
    I wanna go home early and watch it. Fucking COLLEGE!

(edit: In anticipation, I'm going Pinkie crazy.)
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited May 2011
    I might watch the stream this time. I'm on the IRC channel for the stream atm.
    Stream: http://www.justin.tv/basil34/
    IRC: irc://irc.rizon.net/LivePony
    Post edited by lackofcheese on