This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Awesome episode. Fluttershy and Rarity stole the show.

Also, Rarity can fucking sing.
  • Any doubt I had about the Disney Princess homage/commentary built into Fluttershy disappeared when she and the meadowlark started whistling the same riff Snow White uses in The Wishing Song.

• edited May 2011
    Soarin eating his apple pie = much lols

That was just an amazing episode overall.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • This first season of my little pony has been great. Just... great.
  • Any doubt I had about the Disney Princess homage/commentary built into Fluttershy disappeared when she and the meadowlark started whistling the same riff Snow White uses in The Wishing Song.
    I kept hearing 'meadowlark' as 'metal lark'. If only that were the case...
    I kept hearing 'meadowlark' as 'metal lark'. If only that were the case...
    When I hear "meadowlark," I think of this guy:
  • Rarity was so awesome this week. The second I heard Celestia's cousin is named "Blue Blood", I immediately went..."This isn't gonna be good." Somehow I feel like considering when the Grand Galloping Gala was established and how old Celestia is, she just decided to be a down-to-earth pony compared to all the socialites in Canterlots.
  • Somehow I feel like considering when the Grand Galloping Gala was established and how old Celestia is, she just decided to be a down-to-earth pony compared to all the socialites in Canterlots.
    Well imagine you are thousands of years old. You have seen generations upon generations of your family be born and die. You're a monarch, and need to maintain power because everyone else is incompetent and not magically powerful enough to keep shit running. But after a few centuries all the royal court shit gets pretty fucking boring, but you need it to keep the ponies in line. The GGG is just part of keeping the nobles happy with you, and other events like the Summer Sun Celebration keep the regular ponies happy with you. With Twilight Sparkle you finally found someone magically powerful enough that maybe they can take some of the load off and you can change up your boring routine.
  • You're saying that Celestia is actually grooming Twilight to be the next ruling monarch of Equestria? That would be pretty cool and would make for a complex storyline, particularly since Luna is going to have more a presence next season.
  • You're saying that Celestia is actually grooming Twilight to be the next ruling monarch of Equestria? That would be pretty cool and would make for a complex storyline, particularly since Luna is going to have more a presence next season.
    You didn't catch on to that already?
    You didn't catch on to that already?
    Honestly, I just enjoy the show. I don't put that much thought into it. Still, for the sake of sustaining a franchise, you gotta admit it's not the smartest thing to do. That is to say unless Hasbro decides to make our demographic their main focus, at which point it would be an awesome thing to do.
  • I still think this is a slight job to all those bronies who try to force the show to people who are not interested.
  • edited May 2011
    Suddenly, Big Macintosh.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Jed's in the herd. I made a brony!
  • Anyone else seen the horrible news on Lauren Faust's deviantart? ._.
  • Luna is going to have more a presence next season.
    Have we heard anything else on that than the fact that Luna will make appearance in next season, there has been no talk on how much as far as I know.
    Anyone else seen the horrible news on Lauren Faust's deviantart? ._.
    Just read it. I don't think that it's horrible news, little bit sad surely, but not quite horrible. Until we see the second season on our own eyes we can't say anything sure, but I trust the makers of the show at this point. Lauren was only a one person in a large cast of people making the show. Lauren build good foundation for enjoyable children's cartoon and that foundation isn't gone even if she is.
    I am withholding my opinion of this until I see the 2nd season.
  • Well I guess that's that.
    This is absolutely the correct response.
  • Just saw this posted on the Steam Group.

AN' JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP
    posted by Jude @ 04:07AM on May 08, 2011
    Faust already oversaw the majority of if not all the episodes in season 2 so if you're expecting ponies to start sucking because she left you'll have to wait til season 3 to pass judgement.

And if you're wondering why they're not on the air yet despite having been 'made' already, well, that's the editing and marketing process for you.
  • I'm not overly worried. A television series will always be a project with many voices in it, and a good project leader learns very quickly their most important role is choosing the voices and guiding the conversation, not telling them what to say. The series bible is already written, her notes already exist, and her staff are all still around; it'll still stay what it is even without her active guidance.

from Kreoss on Deviant Art.
  • I did always think it was weird that she was credited as the creator/producer of the show, but she didn't write or direct any episodes. The way she worded it makes it sound like Hasbro wasn't letting her do as much as she pleased. We'll see where it goes. Shark jumpage is a fact of life, no way to know until it happens.
  • I like Psycho Fluttershy, but Pinkie Pie's part wasn't funny. It was just painful.
  • I did always think it was weird that she was credited as the creator/producer of the show, but she didn't write or direct any episodes.
    It similar with Joss Whedon and the Buffyverse stuff. Sure, he didn't write every episode, but he wrote the series bible and he would look over all the scripts, answer questions from the writers, lead writer meetings... you can not put a single word into a script and still exert a massive amount of influence on the final project.
  • Somehow I feel like considering when the Grand Galloping Gala was established and how old Celestia is, she just decided to be a down-to-earth pony compared to all the socialites in Canterlots.
    Well imagine you are thousands of years old. You have seen generations upon generations of your family be born and die. You're a monarch, and need to maintain power because everyone else is incompetent and not magically powerful enough to keep shit running. But after a few centuries all the royal court shit gets pretty fucking boring, but you need it to keep the ponies in line. The GGG is just part of keeping the nobles happy with you, and other events like the Summer Sun Celebration keep the regular ponies happy with you. With Twilight Sparkle you finally found someone magically powerful enough that maybe they can take some of the load off and you can change up your boring routine.
    I guess if there's one fandom thing I'd love to figure out, it would be the importance of having nobles and aristocrats within this society. Ponyville can be looked at as a simple, country town, but it's dynamic in terms of how the community gets along and supports one another. Compared to Canterlot or Mainhattan, there has to be a point to there exactly being rich and/or snooty nobles who act this way and have their own society where they are above other people. Otherwise, it just makes them blustery extras. However, they did prove some can live in those cities and not be nobles, aka Pony Joe.
    Could someone, like, actually link to this instead of just vaguely talking about it?

Geez, people.