This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• YES.

I ended up putting the three of them together in a wallpaper for my desktop.
  • Not a fan of the super deformed eyes, but at least it isn't giant thighs.

• I laughed out loud when I hit the end of that sequence.
  • Brushie brushie -meme makes me go "Awwwww" every time.
  • Pinkie Pie just looks like she's about to bite him.
    Omg, Cutest Fluttershy Picture Ever! ^_^
  • Best sequence of posts ev4r!
  • I think that sequence has finally convinced me that the strokeable hair on the toys is actually a feature.
  • Finally got around to watch the last quarter of the series today. I kinda stopped after watching the first three quarters all at once, because the show is good, bit it isn't "OMG, I gotta watch the next episode NOW!" good.

Anyway, the last episode was great, particularly Fluttershy's "You're gonna love me!" moment.
    Also, am I the only one who is strangely intrigued by straight-hair Pinkie?
  • Does anyone know what technique is used to make those styles of music video? I can't figure out a way to do it without intensive manual labor.
  • edited May 2011
    Who wouldn't play this game:
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Does anyone know what technique is used to make those styles of music video? I can't figure out a way to do it without intensive manual labor.
    All I know is that they're called YTPMVs (YouTube Poop Music Videos).
  • edited May 2011
    Does anyone know what technique is used to make those styles of music video? I can't figure out a way to do it without intensive manual labor.
    You mean when people take samples from something and make music out of it, like Pogo? All the sampling and sequencing of the music is done separately and the video is made later to match it. It's not all done in the video editing software, that would indeed be an absurd amount of work.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2011
    The lip sync and clip choice in this one is pretty good:
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • You mean when people take samples from something and make music out of it, like Pogo? All the sampling and sequencing of the music is done separately and the video is made later to match it. It's not all done in the video editing software, that would indeed be an absurd amount of work.
    Ok, so the audio part I can understand. But how do you make the video part sync up? That is also an insane amount of work. Yet, they seem to crank these videos out so quickly. There must be a trick or a tool to help do it.
  • Ok, so the audio part I can understand. But how do you make the video part sync up? That is also an insane amount of work. Yet, they seem to crank these videos out so quickly. There must be a trick or a tool to help do it.
    I can't imagine it being that difficult. All you'd have to do for that particular video is create a few-second loop and copy+paste it over and over until the music changes and your make another loop.
  • Ok, so the audio part I can understand. But how do you make the video part sync up? That is also an insane amount of work. Yet, they seem to crank these videos out so quickly. There must be a trick or a tool to help do it.
    I can't imagine it being that difficult. All you'd have to do for that particular video is create a few-second loop and copy+paste it over and over until the music changes and your make another loop.
    I'm betting a heavy dose of adobe after effects.
  • edited May 2011
    Ok, so the audio part I can understand. But how do you make the video part sync up? That is also an insane amount of work. Yet, they seem to crank these videos out so quickly. There must be a trick or a tool to help do it.
    Yeah, this. It's no more difficult than cutting up the samples for the music. Besides, when you make a song like this, it's sequenced to a finite BPM. "Snapping" a clip to a set tempo is a very basic function. Not to mention that there are a slew of programs that exist specifically for "video djing" purposes and that a lot of DAWs like Pro Tools support integration with video editing software.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You know, for the fact that Portal 2 wasn't supposed to create any meme, I think it has now become quite the standard that any depiction of the moon past the release of the game includes that personality sphere, and occasion Wheatley too.
  • edited May 2011
    Space Sphere is pretty obviously a meme now. I'm basing this on the fact that I haven't played Portal 2 yet, but I know most of its quotes.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • You know, for the fact that Portal 2 wasn't supposed to create any meme, I think it has now become quite the standard that any depiction of the moon past the release of the game includes that personality sphere, and occasion Wheatley too.
    Portal 1 wasn't supposed to create a meme with it's cake. That just happend, memes are funny like that.
  • Equestria Daily finally added a no fanfiction mode!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/search/label/Not-Fanfiction