This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Lauren's note about quitting the show cited creative conflicts with Hasbro. I kind of assumed that Hasbro wanted more stupid pink Barbie crap to sell shit toys. But seeing this video, maybe Hasbro actually wants to embrace the Brony. I could see how Lauren would be opposed to that.
  • I could see how Lauren would be opposed to that.
    It's a fine balance. Go full brony, and they'll pull a Tribes 2. Go full pink, and they'll go the way of all crappy children's shows.
  • edited May 2011
    I just wonder what she'll name her kid.

That pony maker now scares me.
    Post edited by MrBRAD! on
  • Watch out, Gunter made Satan-pony.
  • That almost reminds me of what Him might look like in pony form.
    Actually, you would inverse the colors on that (Him has a red body and black hair).
  • Gunter, you're the worst kind of person.
  • Jaysus, Gunter. You're just intent on crashing that one poor guy's deviantart site, aren't you?
    Actually, you would inverse the colors on that (Him has a red body and black hair).
    That's why I said "almost".
  • edited May 2011

Now I have created the cast of Trailer Park Ponies
    Post edited by Walker on
  • On one hand, the brony reference in "Equestria Girls" is blatantly fan-baiting and whoo-game-playing. On the other...

OH EMM GEE. So awesome :)

It's really nice that they're acknowledging the older male fanbase. I hope they don't take it too far; A few more Derpy appearances, Luna, Etc... is all well and dandy, but fan-baiting had nothing to do with the reasons we liked the show. So long as they keep up the quality, though, I look forward to watching many seasons to come.
  • It's really nice that they're acknowledging the older male fanbase. I hope they don't take it too far; A few more Derpy appearances, Luna, Etc... is all well and dandy, but fan-baiting had nothing to do with the reasons we liked the show. So long as they keep up the quality, though, I look forward to watching many seasons to come.
  • I'm now 14 minutes through that insane 24 minute anthology.
  • I could see how Lauren would be opposed to that.
    It's a fine balance. Go full brony, and they'll pull a Tribes 2. Go full pink, and they'll go the way of all crappy children's shows.
    I think it might be something more basic: while she was happy working on it when it might have been a forgotten piece of pop culture, now that it's super popular, she doesn't want to be remembered as "That girl who did the pony show, right?".

Imagine all the ponies, living in harmony.
    You may say I'm a pony, but I'm not the only one.
    I hope someday, you will join us
    And Equestria will be as one.
  • The end of that PMV is so good.
  • That PMV, so good. Great idea, good execution.
  • This makes it even harder for me to wait for the 3DS version of Cave Story. So Good.