This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Oh snap! Bronyism got on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!
    OH..unemployment and creepy issues again? Man, i was almost hopeful they would do a wee bit more.
  • The prison pacifiers was at least a little bit funny, so I can overlook the attempts to play up the rediculousness of the pony story to make it seem less real.
  • Wow, the ED crowd is really freaking out.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/npr-bronies-and-great-and-powerful.html#more

I lost patience with the comments when somebody said they had "never felt so helpless in all (their) life." Also, yeah the Trekkie have in fact been slammed at least as bad as bronies.
  • he Trekkie have in fact been slammed at least as bad as bronies.
    QFT.
  • edited June 2011
    Anime fans exist in the worst ghetto and we survive. Hey, it's pretty strange. Most Bronies will admit that it's kinda strange that they like My Little Pony. It's gonna take a while to get over the franchise's previous history, if ever.
    Post edited by Gundampilotspaz on
  • Just imagine...

"Today's topic is 'things that didn't reach their target audience'."
    "This is about ponies, isn't it? Confound those adorable ponies!"

It was worth getting ripped on just on the off-chance that they had a brony on the show.
  • I think part of the annoyance, comes from the fact that it's NPR whom is making the lame jokes about this, considering what they praise and how understanding they are of certain things...
  • Then again, this is a quiz show for entertainment purposes, after all. Yet I have the feeling there's going to be even more press about this following soon to come.
  • edited June 2011
    I was actually kind of disappointed. There is a phenomenon of 30 year old men watching My Little Pony, and they didn't make ANY jokes about it. I'll laugh at myself (I'm also just a tad younger than 30, only 16 years though), just make the funny joke so that I can!
    Also:
    Post edited by Greg on
  • I know Jason will vehemently oppose this.

• Fillies and gentlecolts:
  • I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I am going to play the shit out of that game.
  • I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I am going to play the shit out of that game.
  • So Applejack's pallette swap is Granny Smith's color scheme? I was thinking you would just reverse the hair/body colors.
  • Dunno if this was posted yet, a quick search an a scan of the last few pages didn't make anything pop out:
  • O_O
    There's a few Jungle Speed cards that look like that as well.
  • My boyfriend needs more encouragement guys.

• Shame on a Nigga PMV
    And here I thought the Kanye PMV couldn't be topped in my mind.
  • MY LITTLE PONY AIN'T NOTHIN TA FUCK WIT
  • PONY STYLE
  • C.R.E.A.M.: Celestia Rules Everypony Around Me
  • edited June 2011

The clip choices for The Ultimate Showdown were actually pretty awesome.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I love that they assign specific characters to specific ponies and those roles carry through the entire video.
  • edited June 2011
    I fucking hate that kind of drum and bass.

And these girls need a lesson from Great Teacher Onizuka.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on