This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• My blood is sweet tea! Boiled peanuts can die in a fire.
  • Are these really a thing in Australia?
    Yes. Next time I'm down the shops, I'll try to get you a picture.
    You're not going to find a whole lot in the way of kebab shops, they never really came over here. Some people do need to shut their whore mouths though. Next thing you know, they're going to say they don't like sweet tea and boiled peanuts.
    What, you don't have souvlakis? Yiros? Shawarma? Jesus christ, guys, I need to teach y'all more than I thought.
  • My blood is sweet tea! Boiled peanuts can die in a fire.
    Is that making fun of Fates Stay Night? I've never watched the show, but my friend plays this game about it all the time, and that picture looks uncannily like a scene from it.
  • What, you don't have souvlakis? Yiros? Shawarma? Jesus christ, guys, I need to teach y'all more than I thought.
    There are gyros to be found, but again, not nearly as common as in Aus or GB.
  • You're not going to find a whole lot in the way of kebab shops, they never really came over here. Some people do need to shut their whore mouths though. Next thing you know, they're going to say they don't like sweet tea and boiled peanuts.
    What, you don't have souvlakis? Yiros? Shawarma? Jesus christ, guys, I need to teach y'all more than I thought.
    I know a place that has those up here in Massachusetts.
  • Is that making fun of Fates Stay Night? I've never watched the show, but my friend plays this game about it all the time, and that picture looks uncannily like a scene from it.
    Yup.
  • edited August 2011
    There are gyros to be found, but again, not nearly as common as in Aus or GB.
    Great Britain? They're not common there, either, unless you want to call doner(usually an anonymous doner, at that) meat in a box a kebab. :P
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Still more common than the states. We've got all of that in Orlando, but not in the satisfying greasy drunk food variety that I crave; it's mostly semi-nice - nice places.
  • Are these really a thing in Australia?
    Yes. Next time I'm down the shops, I'll try to get you a picture.
    You're not going to find a whole lot in the way of kebab shops, they never really came over here. Some people do need to shut their whore mouths though. Next thing you know, they're going to say they don't like sweet tea and boiled peanuts.
    We got tons of shawarma in DC. I have a favorite place.
  • Berlin is the home of the donner kebab, and almost every place that sells them is worth trying once.
  • They're all over New York and New Jersey too.
  • I've already picked out the soul food restaurant I'm going to take Churbs to if he ever ends up in Charlotte.
  • They're all over New York and New Jersey too.
    No, I mean it is quite literally the home of the doner kebab:

Mahmut Aygün, snack visionary and dab hand with a meat carver, has died of cancer at the age of 87, almost 40 years after permanently changing the drunken dining habits of millions.

The chef was born in Turkey but later moved to Germany in the hope of one day opening his own restaurant. He was serving customers at a snack stall when it dawned on him that kebab meat – a mix of roasted lamb and spices traditionally eaten with rice – could be served differently.

'I thought how much easier it would be if they could take their food with them,' he once said.

So, on March 2, 1971, his Berlin restaurant 'Hasir' became the first eaterie to serve meat in pitta bread.

The name doner kebab soon followed, derived from the Turkish word 'dondurmek', meaning to rotate.

But Mr Aygün's services to the takeaway industry did not stop there. He is also credited with inventing the yoghurt sauce which became the doner's hallmark.

Following his death in a Berlin nursing home at the weekend, a grateful German nation paid tribute to one of their most cherished culinary sons.

'Thanks, Mahmut!' ran the headline on one news website.
  • I've already picked out the soul food restaurant I'm going to take Churbs to if he everwhenever he ends up in Charlotte.
    Can't go without seeing my bro up in Carolina, now, can I?

To be honest, I want to visit all y'all, and I really will try to do so.
  • Is anyone else not able to log onto Xbox live? It says on their website that the Market is down, but I can't log on at all.
  • Anyone you would want to save in this world?
  • edited August 2011
    (Wrong Thread)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Still more common than the states. We've got all of that in Orlando, but not in the satisfying greasy drunk food variety that I crave; it's mostly semi-nice - nice places.
    You have obviously never been in NYC. Two-thirds of the food carts and about a quarter of restaurants sell delicious greasy Mediterranean food.
  • edited August 2011
    My new suitemate just bought portal 2, and said I could have the steam code from it since he is just going to play it on the ps3. The thing is I don't have a ps3 so I don't have a psn account and I can't make a new one because Sony says the server is under maintenence when I try to. Can I just link my roommates ps3 to my steam and unlink it after? Or is there another way to make a new account?

Edit- Nevermind. Made an account on my roommates ps3.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Have you ever noticed that there really isn't a comfortable place in your mouth for your tongue?
  • Have you ever noticed that there really isn't a comfortable place in your mouth for your tongue?
    No, because there is. The mouth is evolved to house your tongue comfortably.
  • I know, it really pisses me off. I often worry that my tongue is to large for my mouth.
  • Can anyone recommend a good ionic hair dryer for fine hair? I want to upgrade my cheap-o hair dryer.
    Due to years of having a palette spacer and braces I subconsciously put the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth all the time and it's become comfortable.
  • I do the same.
  • I've found a comfortable place for my tongue: your mom.

I mean, seriously, it was right there.

And I just noticed that I keep the tip of my tongue pressed to the roof of my mouth as well. Probably the braces and retainer I wore for years, like GE said.
  • Is there enough material to do "Rym and Scott loosing their shit."?
  • Spot it. I have one chance to hook my casual gamer friends in. Which of the mini games is the best? Which one is the most fun?
  • Spot it. I have one chance to hook my casual gamer friends in. Which of the mini games is the best? Which one is the most fun?
    Visual types: Spot It
    Creative: Dixit
    Wordies: Bananagrams
    Normies: Apples to Apples
    Visual types: Spot It
    Creative: Dixit
    Wordies: Bananagrams
    Normies: Apples to Apples
    Oops, I meant which of the different ways to play Spot It is the most fun? If I want to hook my friends in straight away, what is the best way to play? (I think there are 4 different game types).

Ta!