This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Oops, I meant which of the different ways to play Spot It is the most fun? If I want to hook my friends in straight away, what is the best way to play? (I think there are 4 different game types).
    Double bomb/Double fist mode.
  • Double bomb/Double fist mode.
    Also known as "Pete and George fucking lose" mode.

Double bomb is not one of the "official" minigames. It's a hot potato variant in which every player holds two facedown cards - one in each hand. On the count of 3, everybody reveals, and immediately tries to give both cards away as fast they can by looking for matches. At the end, one player is left holding all the cards. That player loses the round, takes one of the cards, and puts the rest back in the deck. Then we reshuffle and deal out two new cards.

Play until you can't deal to everyone. Lowest score wins (that is, the person with the fewest cards at the end), and yes, you can match your own card.
  • Double bomb/Double fist mode.
    Also known as "Pete and George fucking lose" mode.

Double bomb is not one of the "official" minigames. It's a hot potato variant in which every player holds two facedown cards - one in each hand. On the count of 3, everybody reveals, and immediately tries to give both cards away as fast they can by looking for matches. At the end, one player is left holding all the cards. That player loses the round, takes one of the cards, and puts the rest back in the deck. Then we reshuffle and deal out two new cards.

Play until you can't deal to everyone. Lowest score wins (that is, the person with the fewest cards at the end), and yes, you can match your own card.
    That sounds AWESOME. Will try!!!
  • Is there enough material to do "Rym and Scott loosing their shit."?
    I've begun to wonder, do so many people add an extra o to lose/losing as a mistake or is there a definition of loose/loosing that I don't know?
  • Loose the catapults!
  • edited August 2011
    Is there enough material to do "Rym and Scott loosing their shit."?
    I've begun to wonder, do so many people add an extra o to lose/losing as a mistake or is there a definition of loose/loosing that I don't know?
    It's a common mistake AFAIK.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • It's a common mistake AFAIK.
    As typos go, the double letter is one of the easier ones to make.
  • Okay, Swiss roll (or how the japanese and a bunch of dumb translators call it: "Roll Cake") is my favorite pastry. They are also fairly prevalent in anime, just one thing keeps bothering me:
    The same thing also happens in Honey & Clover, a character biting into the whole thing on the end. I've also seen it being eaten the usual way (buy cutting a slice off) in anime like Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. Now, do japanese people actually eat the whole thing starting with one end, or is this just supposed to make the character who is doing it look cute?
  • I'm not supposed to eat it whole?
  • The only Swiss Rolls I've really had are Little Debbie's and they're pretty small.
  • Also known as "Pete and George fucking lose" mode.
    I think we're still about tied for being the worst at this.
    The only Swiss Rolls I've really had are Little Debbie's and they're pretty small.
    They make them in a larger size???? WHY AM I JUST LEARNING ABOUT THIS NOW???
  • edited August 2011
    The only Swiss Rolls I've really had are Little Debbie's and they're pretty small.
    Like this?

Milka, probably the biggest chocolate manufacturer here in the german region, produces something of the sort which they call Tender. However, usually swiss rolls are much larger and sold like cakes. My mom makes a great one based on an old cookbook recipe. It's basically just a sponge cake on a baking tray, covered in marmelade and rolled up, but it's absolutely delicious. The baking tray is about 50x40cm, so the thing is about half a meter in length when rolled up :)
    Super-market varieties are shorter though, of course.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

• Like this. Though not usually on the ground.
    For reference those are only about 3 inches in length.
    For reference those are only about 3 inches in length.
    I was about to ask, because without another object for reference, it's hard to tell what scale it is on. I intentionally picked an image with something in it, because when I searched for "Little Debbie swiss roll" on google, most images also established no scale.
  • For reference those are only about 3 inches in length.
    That is what she said.
  • How do they give actors tattoos in movies that aren't permanent?
  • Probably just airbrushed or henna.
  • edited August 2011
    Probably just airbrushed or henna.
    Or in some cases, the actor will simply get the tattoo because they like it, or they already had it. For example, Depp's Sparrow tattoo on his wrist, and Angelina Jolie's godknowswhat on her shoulderblade in WANTED.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Yeah and he kept that gold tooth in for quite a while too.
  • edited August 2011
    When Justin Timberlake did Alpha Dog, his director told him that his character was going to be all tatted up. In response, he actually went out, scouted a bunch of designs he liked, and got inked. Not sure how much work he had done, or if any of it remains.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited August 2011
    The headline "Perry an easy choice for top fantasy right wing" appeared in my Google Reader. At first I was not sure whether this was from one of the politics sites I subscribe to (like 538.com) or a hockey website. What would you think?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Ok, so I have a date later this week. (for more info see my posts in either Booh yah or Things of your day.) So what movie should I take this fine young woman to see? Now date tradition would say probably something like "The Help."
    But this chick is mighty cool. She is a big horror fan, she goes to alot of horror cons around North Jersey and NY. So fellas and any young lady who would care to be helpful. Please suggest movies that are either currently out or will be out in theaters this weekend. I thank you kindly. Also, we planned on going back to my place after we go to the movie theater to cuddle and watch a scary movie of Netflix streaming. So keep that in mind when suggesting the movie theater movie. Please also suggest a horror movie to cuddle to (cuddle too? IDK im kinda tired). Also maybe some good ice cream to eat while cuddling and scary movieing. Thank you kindly again.
  • She is a big horror fan
    Fright Night. At a drive-in if possible.
  • She is a big horror fan
    Fright Night. At a drive-in if possible.
    Rose Red on Netflix after.
  • Try to have sex with her in a really scary way, she'll love that.
  • Try to have sex with her in a really scary way, she'll love that.
    Oh u.
  • Bitches love to be scared tenderly.
  • Oh, so I should imply violence slightly instead of showing her me "knife" collection?