This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• edited February 2012
    George and I are having a discussion about memory foam mattresses which now has become a Google search of "having sex on a memory foam mattress" and reading pretty funny/interesting things.

D'oh this is not the Random Comments thread. Boo.

Umm. Question. Who uses a memory foam mattress? How does that work out for you?

I have several memory foam pillows. One firm and the other soft. They are great.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I now have a memory foam pillow and it is one of the best things to happen to me ever.
  • edited February 2012
    Ilmarinen, what does your avatar say? I see something forest volcano? I'm new at japanese.
    Wiki. This is actually the only forum I've ever had an avatar on, I really can't stand them. I don't even know why I used this either, but I was younger and significantly nerdier at the time so I probably got the idea from some anime or another.
    Oh okay. I couldn't see the first part and mistakenly combined fire and mountain into volcano.

Post edited by Pegu on
  • Not sure if I want to go to this, on Tuesday. Does anyone think this would be an interesting thing to go to?

Darwin Week: Day 2 - Does Evolution lead to Evil?
  • Not sure if I want to go to this, on Tuesday. Does anyone think this would be an interesting thing to go to?

Darwin Week: Day 2 - Does Evolution lead to Evil?
    Kind of wish I had known about that before now, I might have made plans to drive up. It looks kind of interesting and if not I have a few people in the area I could have visited to make the trip feel worth it.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm thinking about buying a humidifier. I really like those cute animal shaped ones by Crane.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brands/types?

I think the local Asian stores also sell them. I'll have to check those out as well.
  • You have to twist it's hoo hoo to make the air moist.
  • I'm thinking about buying a humidifier.
    1. Get bowl
    2. get water
    3. put water in bowl
    4. place bowl on heater
    5. ???
    6. profit
  • edited February 2012
    I have no problem with this. I have been feeling under the weather lately and the boyfriend has been sick for about a month. My nurse recommended that I get a humidifier, and I've been thinking about it as well. I'm just finally doing something about it.

@Bronz(e)
    Can't do that at work. I need one for work.
  • edited February 2012
    @Bronz
    Is this a thing now? People pretending like I can't spell? Or do people honestly thing think I can't spell?
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • edited February 2012
    Or do people honestly thing I can't spell?
    I was joking. =P
  • Or do people honestly thing I can't spell?
    I was joking. =P
    I am shame.
  • You want to get one that's easy to take apart and clean since it'll get pretty nasty fast. I'm guessing you don't want to inhale all those mildew/mold spores along with your moist air.
  • My new humidifier. His name is Kermit M.J. Frogopolis. Or MJ for short.

• What does the M.J. stand for?
  • See, I haven't even pushed play and already I'm humming, "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal..."
  • So you play with its wingle and it makes things steamy. NICE.
  • Hey, don't be hating on sticking out belly buttons.
  • Does anyone know of a free autocad reader? my google-fu is coming up short and I am in a bind at work.
  • Does anyone know of a free autocad reader? my google-fu is coming up short and I am in a bind at work.
    How about this?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112
    How about this?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112
    Thank you
  • What does "Party Rocking" even mean?
  • Everybody having a good time and shuffling everyday, apparently.
  • And apparently they are going to make us lose our minds.
  • If you're going to be a zombie, you may as well be a zombie which knows how to have a good time.
  • What is the difference between a Computer Scientist and a Software Engineer?

I've asked several people this question and I have received answers from "there is no difference between the two" to biased responses in support of one or the other.
    Essentially, computer science is heavy on the theory, and software engineering is heavier on the process and practicality of everything.

inb4 ProfPangloss "CS people are super nerds and SE majors are condescending douchebags, IT for the win"
  • edited February 2012
    What is the difference between a Computer Scientist and a Software Engineer?

I've asked several people this question and I have received answers from "there is no difference between the two" to biased responses in support of one or the other.
    The distinction is supposed to be that Computer Science includes much more theory (algorithms, discrete math, non-language-specific things) while Software Engineering is focused on teaching you how to design applications and systems.

But really, they're two different focuses in the same field and RIT is bloody stupid for making them different majors; most schools have an "applications track" in their CS department that teaches more or less the same thing.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on

Are you applying for college? I'd recommend not worrying too much if you're just in high school now. It depends on your school, of course, but usually switching between computing majors at the same school is pretty easy.