This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• WANT.
    It gets better - Our rations are nutritionally balanced and carefully designed so that you can eat them for extended periods without causing any problems like constipation and the like. They're objectively superior - Lighter(Remember, a single rat pack is for 24 hours, a single MRE is for 1 meal, so you're carrying three of them for the same period), better nutrition, won't bung you up or have you shitting through the eye of a needle, tastes better, AND we have a better can opener, the FRED.

I will pay you cash moneys or bitcoins for these things.
  • Is it possible to remotely overclock a computer?
  • Is it possible to remotely overclock a computer?
    Depends on how you prefer to overclock - If you want to do it in the BIOS, then no, but there are in-OS software tools that you can use, and they'll work over remote software. BIOS seems to be the preferred method by most overclocking enthusiasts.
  • edited February 2012
    I will pay you cash moneys or bitcoins for these things.
    Well, I can look around and see if there is anywhere local that I can get them. If I find somewhere, I'll send you a message - I haven't acquired any in a long time.

Also, shipping would be pretty bad. It's expensive to ship to and from here.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Also, shipping would be pretty bad. It's expensive to ship to and from here.
    It cost me $US7.23 to get a necklace that weighed almost nothing shipped from New Zealand. It only gets more expensive from there.
  • edited February 2012
    Also, shipping would be pretty bad. It's expensive to ship to and from here.
    It cost me $US7.23 to get a necklace that weighed almost nothing shipped from New Zealand. It only gets more expensive from there.
    For comparison - my badges, I ship them out at cost - it's a little namebar, weighs about ten grams packaging included, and it costs me Nearly two bucks to ship, and then packaging brings it up to $2.50 AUD. And that's just regular post, untracked, in a padded envelope.

AND the cunts have lost six packages on me now. Fucking dickheads.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • What the heck is this pinterest thing? I see it all over my facebook feed, but it seems like only girls I know are using it.
  • The Phoenix Wright movie comes out today. Should I pay my 2000Y to see it in a language I don't really understand or just wait subs?
  • If it was me, I'd do it, just for the experience.
  • If it was me, I'd do it, just for the experience.
    This.

• I thought that said exercise and I was desperately trying to figure out where that comes into play.
  • The Phoenix Wright movie comes out today. Should I pay my 2000Y to see it in a language I don't really understand or just wait subs?
    You should do it. I bet it will be fun to watch, even if you don't understand all the dialogue. It will be a cool memory!
  • edited February 2012
    I'm going to but almost entirely because I swindled a Finn last night and have the money buffer to do it now. I leave tomorrow (Monday) and didn't want to have to withdraw again because of the fees.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited February 2012
    I just lost feeling in my pinky and ring fingertips on my left hand and can't get it back, what do I do?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I just lost feeling in my pinky and ring fingertips on my left hand and can't get it back, what do I do?
    Any other symptoms?
  • The stranger time. :P
  • No, it just sort of randomly happened. They're not turning blue yet, so I guess that's good? :P
  • edited February 2012
    Could be carpal tunnel or ulnar nerve compression.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • edited February 2012
    I just lost feeling in my pinky and ring fingertips on my left hand and can't get it back, what do I do??
    Likely compression in the ulnar nerve somewhere along the line. Happens pretty frequently while typing, gaming, or really anything where your palm or wrist are resting weirdly. Stop whatever you're doing with your hands, take a break, and perform some basic stretches with the affected limb. Flex your fingers, ball a fist, and rotate and flex your arm and wrist repeatedly. Massage the ulnar side of the wrist (where you'd take a pulse, but opposite the thumb). After doing that for a couple minutes, just relax and feeling should return.

EDIT: Not carpal tunnel. The wrong set of fingers are affected in his case. Feel *around* the ring finger; one side should still have some feeling.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Have you been touching any unfamiliar animals?
  • edited February 2012
    STOP THAT LINE OF THOUGHT RIGHT NOW.
    It isn't Rabies!
    Listen to WIB.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I was just picking. :(
  • I HATE RABIES!!
  • Only if you look like this right now:
  • edited February 2012
    I HATE RABIES!!
    Do you have a phobia of rabies?
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited February 2012
    Hydrophobiaphobia? Whatever rabies phobia is called, I has it. Rabies is the scariest!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I just lost feeling in my pinky and ring fingertips on my left hand and can't get it back, what do I do?
    What WUB said. The nerve problems can be caused by compression as high up as the shoulder and neck. If lower down doesn't help, try massaging the back of your armpit just under the shoulder cap and the middle of your trapezius on that side of your collar.

• edited February 2012
    Hydrophobiaphobia? Whatever rabies phobia is called, I has it. Rabies is the scariest!
    Ah, okay. While I am not scared of rabies I am damn sure afraid of the treatment if bitten by an animal with it.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Thanks for the help, guys. It's gotten a little better since earlier now that I've gotten up and moved around. Still slightly numb, but not nearly as much as earlier.

PS: No strange animals.
  • Thanks for the help, guys. It's gotten a little better since earlier now that I've gotten up and moved around. Still slightly numb, but not nearly as much as earlier.

PS: No strange animals.
    Yeah, depends on how long you were doing whatever you were doing. It may take a little while yet for feeling to return completely. If it doesn't return in a day or so, I'd call a doctor.