This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I've been playing so much Skyrim that when I shut off the game to browse the forums, I tried to hit F5 to quick save in Firefox.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I am about to finish my 8th day of work roster. BRING ON 6 DAYS OFF... and perhaps a little too much o dis gaem!
  • I've been playing so much Skyrim that when I shut off the game to browse the forums, I tried to hit F5 to quick save in Firefox.
    I think I can beat that. I may or may not have tried to shout FUS-RO-DAH in my sleep yesterday. I don't even know why, I don't really remember what I dream about, but apparently it was loud enough to wake at least one other person in my house.

• For those who want to figure out how to plan your character to best fit your play style.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/
  • My gameplay style is to just make who I want to look like (aka Daenerys :-P) and do whatever quests I want. I don't plan it out or anything, I just go through the game la dee da like. Of course its not so bad when you keep doing misc quests like me and try to help every single person instead of staying on track and actually following a quest line :-P
    Maybe if I ever make a second character I'll plan it out and pick a specific quest line to prepare for. I used to do thieves guild a lot in the other games so I would be all like "yeah, I'll be the shadow thief class thingy and be all nimble and stuff!"
    But this time I kinda went in a magic direction bc of the awesome dragons. :O
  • Apparently dragon killing is a sport now: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/

:-P
  • So, Bethesda included the entire landmass of Tamriel in the game. I wonder what nefarious things they could be up to...
  • So, Bethesda included the entire landmass of Tamriel in the game. I wonder what nefarious things they could be up to...
    I just saw this on reddit too! http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

• My brain is asploding with thoughts of all the games redone and combined :O
    (though Andrew pointed out it would be hard with the different time frames)

Still... a nerd can dream...
  • I think my play style is sort of like this:

"Look, on my map, a city in the East/West/North! Gather the caravan!"

Start a long, slow journey across the wilderness, help/fight people you find along the way, get into sidequests and short intrigues, lose your horse, topple some barons, fight a dragon.

"Hazzah! We have arrived at yon city of lore! Let us make inroads into the community (*cough*thievesguild*cough*) and sample the local culture!"

Repeat.
  • Apparently Skyrim has been patched to enforce DRM. Yay!
    Dude, if they could let me play in a graphically new Morrowind continent in addition to the regular Skyrim continent, I would be heaven as long as there were not a million Cliffracers. I played Morrowind so much as a kid, I must have played at least 200 hours in that game.
  • I wanted to genocide the fucking cliffracers. I think I actually grabbed a mod to turn them off at one point.
    What does this mean? Is this going to be some shoddy implementation that breaks everything?
  • I wanted to genocide the fucking cliffracers. I think I actually grabbed a mod to turn them off at one point.
    Well fortunately thanks to this guy, you'll never have to deal with cliff racers again.
    What does this mean? Is this going to be some shoddy implementation that breaks everything?
    Nah, they just added a patch that means you can't play it outside of steam, in theory.

• Fan-made Time-Lapse Trailer for Skyrim.

WATCH IN HD.
    CHANGE PANTS.

• There are intricacies to the game balancing system that I'm only now discovering. Fights can be handled in so many different ways. Often, I'll get my ass handed to me and then spend time come at the fight in different ways and ultimately prevailing only by changing my tactics, not through some level up. I'm 73 hours in now and the holiday weekend will probably double this. I'm still not as far as Churba. I spend a huge amount of time smithing, enchanting & doing alchemy.
  • There are intricacies to the game balancing system that I'm only now discovering. Fights can be handled in so many different ways. Often, I'll get my ass handed to me and then spend time come at the fight in different ways and ultimately prevailing only by changing my tactics, not through some level up. I'm 73 hours in now and the holiday weekend will probably double this. I'm still not as far as Churba. I spend a huge amount of time smithing, enchanting & doing alchemy.
    I leveled up real fast, thanks to my general tactic of Sneak+Bow, with plenty of lockpicking and pickpocketing besides. All of those, plus speech, all went up quite fast.

Also, I think I'm still leading the pack on hours, but Gunter is right behind me - though, he and his brother's hours are both counting towards that one.
  • I'm shooting for making double enchanted legendary Daedric armor.
    I've got a double-enchanted legendary Daedric bow, 31 fire and 31 frost damage, called "The song of Ice and Fire."
    I've got a double-enchanted legendary Daedric bow, 31 fire and 31 frost damage, called "The song of Ice and Fire."

• As much as I like that joke, Ray Charles saw what I did there. And he's dead.
  • edited November 2011
    Thought I would mix it up, needed a break from my destruction/conjuration mage. It's been pretty effective and flexible but it's leaving me using the favorites list to set up every non-trivial fight with buff -> rune -> Atronach, then waiting for mana to regen before engaging, and then I'm still at the mercy of a pet doing something stupid. (Apparently from what I'm reading destruction is kind of broken once you get Impact, but I'm still not there yet.)

I rerolled for the evening and tried going sword and board through Bleak Falls Barrow (first main story dungeon). I feel like I'm missing something. Blocking does very little against bosses and I have no idea how you would beat something like the spider without there being a convenient way to back up to where it can't hit you so you can smack it with arrows. I had to use run in, run out BS against the final boss of the dungeon which isn't the intelligent, reactive blocking game I was looking for at all. Is that really the way melee characters play?
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Ray doesn't strike me as SoF&I kinda guy. I don't think he ever felt/saw what was done here today.
  • Yeah, I've never read Game of Thrones or seen the series so I had to Google it.
  • dsfdsf
    edited November 2011
    attack with your shield, it will stagger them and interrupt what they are doing. It's hax.

Honestly the sword and board game got too easy for me.
    Post edited by dsf on
  • Yeah, I've never read Game of Thrones or seen the series so I had to Google it.
    I suppose that's why I picked that instead of a name from inside the novel or anything like that - even if you don't know about the book, it still sounds cool.

Then again, it's better than my other enchanted weapons.

• Couldn't see all the pics for some reason. Probably going to get the everlasting black soul gem tonight and then deliver that stupid sword to that Ulrich guy. Maybe I'll try to get that Staff later. I have two Daedra hearts on ice for the big moment when I can max out smithing and enchanting.

I may save the main quest for last.

And Churba, how many houses do you have?
  • edited November 2011
    I have two Daedra hearts on ice for the big moment when I can max out smithing and enchanting.
    Just do vendor runs for iron bars and leather and max out smithing with Iron Dagger/Leather Bracers. Save some of the things you make to put enchants on, and just burn a ton of cheap soul gems on enchanting. Just remember, 100/100 Smithing/Enchanting is basically game breaking. I was able to put %160 bonus to two-handed between four items, plus a bunch of other stuff.

Last night my level 30 guy ONE-SHOTTED a Blood Dragon. Berserker Rage + Double-Enchanted Daedric Warhammer = Death
    Post edited by Vhdblood on