This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• edited November 2011
    backwards flight
    Fun!
    invincibility
    Uh oh...
    lack of interest in attacking
    Sort of yay?
    takes all magic and poison resistance out of the game
    Shit.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on

• Secret behind fast travel.
  • I got one of those, too. Apparently it has to do with the latest patch.
  • It happened to my buddy Mitch yesterday. We were lulzing quite hard.
  • Mine was even worse than just the backwards flying, he was erratic and going forwards, backwards, at high speed, or sometimes just hovering in one spot for a really long time. Crazy. Patches fix bugs, not make them. Jeez.
  • But hey, no more dead people at your wedding!
  • The temple of Boethia is a truly horrific place. My goal is to slaughter all of the dark elves there doing their evil sacrifices of innocents. The thing is that these bastards are tougher than giants. I'm level 35 and when I go Rambo on them I'm dead in 10 seconds.
  • I have not found that den of evil. I must so that I can slaughter them all. By that I mean the innocents.

Lazroak, level 25 Orsimer. Warrior decked in full Orcish Armor of Flawless grade. Hellz yeah.

Thaed & Mjoll the Lioness full Daedric, dual enchanted armor.
  • Ok, an amulet that gives you a measly 30 points to magic/health/stamina is worth expurgating all mention of it from history? Really? That's it?! It should make you immune from those annoying disarm shouts or something.
  • Ok, an amulet that gives you a measly 30 points to magic/health/stamina is worth expurgating all mention of it from history? Really? That's it?! It should make you immune from those annoying disarm shouts or something.
    You know, those disarm shouts haven't been bothering me lately. I don't know if it's my skill levels or that I now have the disarm shout(or at least, two words of it) too - the latter being my suspicion, after the whole dealie with the dudes in high hrothgar and the ceremony of yelling politely at one another.

Yes, this quest thread made me think that the amulet was going to transform me into a god on Nirn, but it was quite disappointing. The story and the quest itself was pretty cool though.

• heh, that used to be a big critisim of elder scroll games, the bigger the dungeon or quest the crappier the quest reward. You get rewarded for playing the crappy stuff and the story is your reward otherwise :-p
  • I just finished the main story quests, and aside from the whole embassy thing they are all pretty cool/interesting.
  • edited December 2011
    "Fus Ro Dah!!" is my favorite meme ever.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If you were to watch a Let's Play of Skyrim, what qualities would it need to have? A friend and I are kicking around the idea of putting one out, we just don't know if people would even care.
  • The only "Let's Play" videos I actually sit through are ones that are funny. You don't even have to showcase the game you're playing. Take Dopefish:

This is what I look for in a Let's Play.
  • What are you doing, horse. You are not a mole, you are a horse. Stop that.

You don't even have appendages for burrowing.
  • How do I keep my horse from dying? It never gives me a horse health bar, so I don't know it's getting wounded until I'm in the middle of the wilderness, surrounded by Ice Wraiths.
  • Get Shadowmare, she's invincible.
  • The only "Let's Play" videos I actually sit through are ones that are funny. You don't even have to showcase the game you're playing. Take Dopefish:

[vid]

This is what I look for in a Let's Play.
    Hmm. This is pretty different from what we've been doing so far. We've got funny bits, but I think they're only funny to me and my friend. But that's true with most of my humor.

Anyways, thanks for the input. Now I have a new Let's Play to follow!
  • Get Shadowmare, she's invincible.
    she's not quiet invincible. I've managed to murder her jumping off a bridge or a mountain before. I've read that after 21 in game days she'll come back at the pond where you first find her but I have yet to see this happen.

• she's not quiet invincible. I've managed to murder her jumping off a bridge or a mountain before. I've read that after 21 in game days she'll come back at the pond where you first find her but I have yet to see this happen.
    I've only ever seen her take a knee and then get back to murdering afterwards.