This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Combat is two hand electric to stun, maybe add voice freeze or time slow, then bash their brains in with my ebony hammer enchanted to steal their soul. I am a soul stealer. If the boss can with stand this kind of attack, I potion spam until they can't. Crowd control gets kind of crazy with me bashing everyone's brains in. Lydia has good armor and weapons as well as a ring and an amulet. She's still very useful. But if she gets killed, I start the battle over again. A couple of times I told myself that I would just let her go this time and find another battle companion but she's still with me.

I hate Markarth and I always want to call it Marklar.
  • Huh, apparently followers don't level with you, level is set either at the time they join you or (more likely) the first time they load.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mnmwm/psa_follower_leveling/

It's not really clear whether this is a bug or by design, but if it's by design, I'm not a huge fan. If you couldn't tell I'm a bit of a min-maxer and this will incline me to avoid exploring new cities until I get a pointer there so that I'm sure I can find a suitable tank for endgame. Not that I can't do bosses without help, but I like having someone along and it looks pretty silly when my "tank" gets one-shot.
  • Huh, apparently followers don't level with you, level is set either at the time they join you or (more likely) the first time they load.
    If that's right, it's a step backwards and a bit lame.

• In case you guys are lazy and don't read the article:
    PC users can reset the follower which brings it up to the player's level. To do this you have to dismiss the follower, open the console, click on him. Type "disable" and then "enable" without the quotes. This resets the follower to your stats. Xbox and PS3 players can't do this since they have no access to the console.
  • Luckily I don't need to care for that. I run alone, no followers, no horse, just me, my mace and my magic. Sometimes I kinda wish that there would be someone else taking the dragons fire for me, but my over sized collection of potions help with that.
  • Dude, I abandoned Lydia yesterday for my new housecarl, and I felt horrible. (Although Lydia's sass at me trying to give her stuff to carry was getting quite annoying, new girl is much nicer :P) But now I can go level her up, yay! Wish there was a cheat for attitude adjustment :-P
  • edited November 2011
    PC users can reset the follower which brings it up to the player's level. console.
    Yeah, I saw that, I'm on 360 so I'll just pretend it's intended whether or not that's the case and play companion musical chairs.

I don't like dropping somebody I've had along for many hours given the story I have in my head, but like Lyddi said I sure won't miss the whinging about "burdens" when I'm handing out armor upgrades.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • I am disappointed that there was no cyber Monday Steam sale. I dream the dangerous dream of the day Skyrim first goes on sale.
  • Wish there was a cheat for attitude adjustment :-P
    So do I, Lydia's attitude has just been awful recently. :P

• I think Lydia is creepy enough when she is just hanging in my house. I once caught her in my room without my permission. She has perfectly good room for herself, no need to go in my room and sit looking at my empty bed. Lydia is almost as creepy as my neighbor who followed me home just because I didn't listen what he wanted to tell me.
  • In case you guys are lazy and don't read the article:
    PC users can reset the follower which brings it up to the player's level. To do this you have to dismiss the follower, open the console, click on him. Type "disable" and then "enable" without the quotes. This resets the follower to your stats. Xbox and PS3 players can't do this since they have no access to the console.
    Having console access is indeed handy - sometimes I'll get stuck in a stupid place climbing a mountain, and I'll use noclip to get out of that spot so I can climb down again. There's also some quests which are bugged out, which I had to console fix, and I'll console kill any guard in markarth that tries to talk to me, because of another quest bug that means that them talking to me means I'd have to kill them anyway.
  • I am disappointed that there was no cyber Monday Steam sale. I dream the dangerous dream of the day Skyrim first goes on sale.
    I too dream the dangerous dream. The winter sale can't come soon enough.
  • So, I just got to Winterhold. Jeezus it's a shitty town. And the weather is worse than Rochester. Hmm... the college is also the largest employer, like Rochester. And it's next to some weirdly shaped lakes. Also, the bar is pretty much the only place open after 8pm...
  • So, I just got to Winterhold. Jeezus it's a shitty town. And the weather is worse than Rochester. Hmm... the college is also the largest employer, like Rochester. And it's next to some weirdly shaped lakes. Also, the bar is pretty much the only place open after 8pm...
    Difference is, you don't become the head of the college on your second day at RIT.

• True. And the faculty of U of R didn't singlehandedly raise the Great Lakes and wipe out the city (I'm talking with the Jarl. I'm not sure what he does, besides sit around and mope)
  • True. And the faculty of U of R didn't singlehandedly raise the Great Lakes and wipe out the city (I'm talking with the Jarl. I'm not sure what he does, besides sit around and mope)
    The basement full of undead is pretty accurate, though.
  • This is a pretty fun comic. Here's a sequel, in parts 1 and 2.
  • I am disappointed that there was no cyber Monday Steam sale.
    What do you think the last five days were? Just wait until Christmas. Then the real deals start.
  • I am disappointed that there was no cyber Monday Steam sale.
    What do you think the last five days were? Just wait until Christmas. Then the real deals start.
    I visited each sale. I'm simply surprised they didn't have a Monday special in addition.
  • I'm all dressed up in Archmage clothing after spending more than 100 hours developing heavy armor. Of course I haven't tried to fight with this stuff on yet.
  • Mods...I want.

• I'm all dressed up in Archmage clothing after spending more than 100 hours developing heavy armor. Of course I haven't tried to fight with this stuff on yet.
    This is something i'd really like, the ability to reallocate perks. Like you I find myself in light armor more often than heavy armor even though I started with heavy armor.

This may change now that I'm at 100 smithing & enchanting and will be creating a sweet sweet set of daedric armor of infinite fireballs and summons!

• This is something I'd really like, the ability to reallocate perks.
    Time to dive into the console!
  • but ... achievements .... >>
  • ... You can still acquire achievements on steam, even if you use the console.
  • I found an Elder Scroll.
    Every place I've read were all like "the moment you touch the console NO MOAR CHIEVES!" I'll save the game and try it, nothing to lose really.

Every place I've read were all like "the moment you touch the console NO MOAR CHIEVES!" I'll save the game and try it, nothing to lose really.

The way you do it is by reallocate perks save and restart Skyrim to get the achivements.
  • edited November 2011
    Just a heads up that patch 1.2 breaks dragon AI in various unpredictable ways, including causing backwards flight, invincibility, and lack of interest in attacking, and takes all magic and poison resistance out of the game. (And it breaks bookshelves in your homes too, heh). So try to avoid downloading it if possible.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited November 2011
    Just a heads up that patch 1.2 breaks dragon AI in various unpredictable ways, including causing backwards flight, invincibility, and lack of interest in attacking, and takes all magic and poison resistance out of the game. (And it breaks bookshelves in your homes too, heh). So try to avoid downloading it if possible.
    Patch out today that fixes that, supposedly.
    Post edited by Churba on