This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• she's not quiet invincible. I've managed to murder her jumping off a bridge or a mountain before. I've read that after 21 in game days she'll come back at the pond where you first find her but I have yet to see this happen.
    I've only ever seen her take a knee and then get back to murdering afterwards.
    I used to be Shadowmare once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• FUS RO BACON!

I'm in awe.
  • edited December 2011
    [D'oh]
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • 185 hours and counting, level 50.
    I'm so glad I havent seen where on the xbox it tracks time played.
  • Woot, Steam sale!
    I am glad Steam doesn't keep track of how much time I have spent. Can'tsleeporDarkBrotherhoodwillkillme--can'tsleeporDarkBrotherhoodwillkillme--can'tsleeporDarkBrotherhoodwillkillme--can'tsleeporDarkBrotherhoodwillkillme.
  • I...I still need this game. :/
  • I got the Soundtrack for Christmas, it has become my personal background music for everything that I do now :P
  • Fantastic work.
  • Got Skyrim.. My name is Awesomesaurus.
  • Got Skyrim.. My name is Awesomesaurus.
    So, you are a Dino-sympathizer!
  • That site is a comedy goldmine!
  • So... why does this game look better on 360 than on PC with Ultra settings?
  • So... why does this game look better on 360 than on PC with Ultra settings?
    Don't worry there are already super-ultra-mega detailed textures and make the world your personal doll-house mods.

• So any tips to leveling up? I am a argonian. I am wearing thieves guild armor and I like to use fire and lighting magic. Where should I take my character skill wise? Suggestions?
  • No matter what path you do, smiting is best option for leveling, it stacks quickly.
  • Also, learn sneak or muffle, or whatever it is that makes you move quieter and just keep casting it.
  • Wow. I was just in Rorikstead when a dragon attacked. It's name was Nahagliiv. It was a decent battle, I used up all of my potions. The second I had defeated him a second dragon attacked! The only way I was able to win was by attacking then hiding in the bar to recover my health. Rinse and repeat.
  • I play this game on an old shitbox tv that was made in the nineties. It cuts off about an inch on all sides, so not only do I not know how much health I have when I am fighting, I don't know how much gold I have. Still totally worth it.
  • Has anyone visited Winterhold?

Winterhold is basically Rochester. It's a desolate, snowy, cold, dead city, and nobody wants to be there. And there's a prestigious college there (and the students there are happy), but everyone else in the area despises it.
  • So, I just got to Winterhold. Jeezus it's a shitty town. And the weather is worse than Rochester. Hmm... the college is also the largest employer, like Rochester. And it's next to some weirdly shaped lakes. Also, the bar is pretty much the only place open after 8pm...
  • edited January 2012
    So, I just got to Winterhold. Jeezus it's a shitty town. And the weather is worse than Rochester. Hmm... the college is also the largest employer, like Rochester. And it's next to some weirdly shaped lakes. Also, the bar is pretty much the only place open after 8pm...
    Oh, haha, I didn't even see that. Before I had the game, I was entirely ignoring this thread.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • This is nonsense.
  • Skyrim was literally the first game I got when I got a PS3 for Christmas this year. I am enjoying the hell out of it like I assume most here are. I'm essentially a High-Elf Spellsword (skilled with one/two-handed weapons and various schools of Magicka). I either bludgeon or chop people to death with either a mace or axe (respectively), or burn/freeze/zap them with Destruction Magicka.