This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Draw Something has reminded me of people's severe inability to spell things. I've seen people struggle to spell simple words like "tentacle"and "squirrel".
  • Don't you mean "tenticle" and "sqeral?"
  • edited March 2012
    I now have a diaturbing image of a squirrel with tentacles.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • One of my random opponents seems to think that the game is played by writing his word in the drawspace instead of actually drawing a picture.

Good for him?
  • I generally respond to that with satanic imagery and possibly penises.
  • Nuclear option is always your best bet. ;)
  • I'm Rosaka on Draw Something. Feel free to invite me to a game.
  • Draw Something needs more words. Already getting repeats.

And is missle isn't it??? :p
  • ProcessBlue on Draw Something
  • Timo, you really didn't have to draw the boobies on the "queen", but it was amusing nonetheless. Hope you like my drawing.

BTW, I got the free game. If you pay for the $0.99 game, do you get more colors? I'm not a fan of the micro transactions for more colors.
  • But I like boobies!

Anyway, I bought the 99cent thing and have 4 colors. I also got 400 whatever points. I don't see any place to actually buy more points so I'm cool with that. I can smell the for-pay microtransactions around the corner though.

Also: Pitfall, I brainfarted completely and mixed the game up with alone in the dark, had to use a bomb to get it.
  • I don't mind paying for the game if it gives me a chance to get a few more colors with the 400 coins.

I have already enjoyed the game enough to warrant the $1. I would rather play on my iPad, but since I'm not near a wifi hotspot, the iPhone will have to do.
  • I don't mind paying for the game if it gives me a chance to get a few more colors with the 400 coins.

I have already enjoyed the game enough to warrant the $1. I would rather play on my iPad, but since I'm not near a wifi hotspot, the iPhone will have to do.
    The most important thing you get is more "words". For $1, that's a good deal.
  • I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but paying real American dollars for "colors" or "words" is most definitely not a good deal.
  • I don't plan on buying any coins to upgrade, but I'm fine with supporting a decent game that is fun to play with other people. $1 to support entertainment is a deal to me.

I like seeing how creative people can get.
  • I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but paying real American dollars for "colors" or "words" is most definitely not a good deal.
    Well, the game is free and fully functional. That's pretty nice of them already, and the reason it's #1 on the free app store. I think that paying $1 to unlock the full dictionary is a good deal and a way for them to let you demo the game and decide if you like it or not.

You don't need to pay real $$ for more colours. You can use in-game currency if you so choose.

Basically, instead of charging $1 for the full, game, its free + $1 to unlock full game.

This is NOT what I consider to be a micro-transaction game. It's simply a new purchasing model. Same with Hero Academy. Game is free. Pay $2 to unlock the other 2 races, remove adds.

• JoshBytes on Draw Something. On my first match the drawing choice for the highest coin value was folder. Pretty easy so far.
  • I didn't know that they showed the animation of the drawing from beginning to end. Now I know, so I can think ahead and plan and not try to mess up with my drawing.

I think it's interesting they show the whole turn.
  • edited March 2012
    I didn't know that they showed the animation of the drawing from beginning to end. Now I know, so I can think ahead and plan and not try to mess up with my drawing.

I think it's interesting they show the whole turn.
    It's hilarious! It means you can tell a story over multiple screens if you need to :)

It's also really fun watching other peoples thought proesses as they try to guess your word. It's a genius move.

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • This game would be killer if it were multiplayer with scoring based on how many/few people guessed the pic (classic more points the fewer crrect guessers but zero for no correct guesses)
  • Welp I just found the micro transactions
    You don't need them, they don't affect the game in ANY way.

They are not micro-transactions. They are "hints" for people who suck at guessing.

They are not micro-transactions. They are "hints" for people who suck at guessing.
    Up to $25 for hints is pretty gougy to me.

• edited March 2012
    Welp I just found the micro transactions

Up to $25 for hints is pretty gougy to me.

Why would you pay for hints? Ever? It's a game, if you can't guess, either you suck, or the picture, or both. Move along, do another one, you just failed a round, congrats. :)

The full game is $1. There is nothing more. Everything else is simply cheating or a new hat.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Even if I am smart and never pay for hints or hats, I'm not going to play a game where they exist. Imagine if I go play Street Fighter against the world champion. He beats me by 100 points. I spend $100. Now I win! If I beat someone in skill, but they get the victory because they spent money on hints, then fuck that game.
  • OMG, I'm the stupidest person ever! It took me forever and a bomb to figure out Frodo. And Timo just did Gandalf earlier! GAH!
  • Even if I am smart and never pay for hints or hats, I'm not going to play a game where they exist. Imagine if I go play Street Fighter against the world champion. He beats me by 100 points. I spend $100. Now I win! If I beat someone in skill, but they get the victory because they spent money on hints, then fuck that game.
    Granted most of the time spending $100 will only get you to not losing so badly.

In my mind the worse problem with games that do this is the attitude it displays towards the player, i.e., me. It always makes me feel like they view their customers as milkable cash cows. It also devalues their game, price point is not so much about sales (anymore) it is about a statement of value and expected quality.
    It's actually a really fun game. You shoudl probably try it. It's not competative, it's just for fun. If you want, you can just draw cock and balls all day long to randoms.

I might actually agree with your above statement if it WERE Street Fighter or something with a shred of competition. This is Pictionary. If you cheat, you are just cheating yourself. There is no score. There is no leaderboard.

It's just a silly scribbly drawing game.

It's $1 and it's great value.

• If it's not a serious competitive game, I have no interest.
  • If it's not a serious competitive game, I have no interest.
    I smell a true Scott's man.