This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• If I walked into a dollar store and they had all sorts of random objects selling for crazy high prices, I would be confused. If I asked the shopkeep, he would tell me they have been set out in case some mentally disabled person came in and just started blowing their money. I would tell him he is a dick and probably never shop there again.
  • If it's not a serious competitive game, I have no interest.
    It's not serious. it's not competative. But it IS fun.

• Even if I am smart and never pay for hints or hats, I'm not going to play a game where they exist. Imagine if I go play Street Fighter against the world champion. He beats me by 100 points. I spend $100. Now I win! If I beat someone in skill, but they get the victory because they spent money on hints, then fuck that game.
    Granted most of the time spending $100 will only get you to not losing so badly.

In my mind the worse problem with games that do this is the attitude it displays towards the player, i.e., me. It always makes me feel like they view their customers as milkable cash cows. It also devalues their game, price point is not so much about sales (anymore) it is about a statement of value and expected quality.
    I wonder if they just put the $25 hint out there for the inevitable moment where someone's kid gets a hold of the phone and starts hitting every button in sight. Sorry, no refunds.

• If it's not a serious competitive game, I have no interest.

For me, nothing is more fun than playing to win.

• edited March 2012
    If it's not a serious competitive game, I have no interest.
    For me, nothing is more fun than playing to win.
    A fact all of us are painfully aware of.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited March 2012
    I'm highdefinition on draw something

Edit: I also think I might be terrible beyond reason
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • I've had nothing but fun in the 6 games I'm currently playing. You guys are all awesome.
  • I'm highdefinition on draw something

Lol, wait until you play me. I draw while walking...

whats your name on it?

whats your name on it?
    S/be Invaderren.

• I just brainfarted hard in my game against REN, drew a picture of something related but not the actual thing. Good luck getting that ;-).
  • OK I think I have played enough Draw Something. Nice implementation, nice idea, but it is lacking a good game mechanic.
  • anyone want to get a T&E game going?
    I will, but you have to tell me what to press to get the game going. Also, I will only play if all the players are serious and actually take their turn and such. If one person bails or griefs, I will bail.
  • I'm down for a match. The game notifying you on your turn has been iffy though.
    I will, but you have to tell me what to press to get the game going. Also, I will only play if all the players are serious and actually take their turn and such. If one person bails or griefs, I will bail.
    You have to be GameCenter friends with the people you play with. I assume your name is Apreche? Mine is Gundabad on GameCenter.

Open T&E -> Play -> Create -> tap each player until it turns from "AI" to "Opponent" -> Big green check mark when you're done with that -> Click "invite friend" next to each player in the big list -> select from your GameCenter contacts one by one -> hit "play now" in upper right corner.

• I'm down for a match. The game notifying you on your turn has been iffy though.
    It is iffy as hell. It pops up, but once it does, if you do pretty much anything else with your iPhone, it goes away on its own. You must have discipline! Check the app a few times each day to see if it's your turn. T&E is a particularly bad game for this bug b/c it might ping you just to resolve a conflict.

• apreche and josh bytes. Matt are you in also?
  • Yeah I want in on this
  • edited March 2012
    invites are out, if I added the right Apreche, Scott S? I don't like that it defaults to peoples real names.
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • Apreche it's your turn on T&E
  • edited March 2012
    Apreche it's your turn on T&E
    WHAT? I didn't even join a game! I never received, sent, nor accepted an invitation. What kind of fucked up system is this?

How do I get to it?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yeah, there are issues like that, I believe. I would have joined the game, but I always get those notification issues. It can be annoying.
  • Oh, I think you didn't add me. I'm Scott Rubin, not Scott S.
    Nor Scott J or Scott G. Man, we've got a lot of Scotts around here.

One of my close co-workers is Scott H, but he's changing his name at some point. Seriously.

One of my close co-workers is Scott H, but he's changing his name at some point. Seriously.
    On the upside, we've only got twenty-two more Scotts to collect before we have the whole set, assuming we don't get any doubles.
  • Scott Con 2012. Make it happen.
    I wish you were Scott S. It's been Scott S's turn since Friday at 7AM. I think it's time to recreate this game.