This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Comments

• I hate Theon as he is currently in the series. The actor is doing a great job of it though, similar to Joffrey.
  • I hate Theon as he is currently in the series. The actor is doing a great job of it though, similar to Joffrey.
    Yeah the actor doing Joffrey is fantastic at being a dick as well.

• edited May 2012
    As someone who grew up watching Little House on the Prairie, this really freaks me out O_O.

Also, after last night's episode during the up next stuff, it said "Only two episodes left!" Am I completely crazy, or did it say that last week?? They had me thinking last week that there were 2 episodes left, therefore only 9 episodes in the season. 10 episodes is a good thing, but I'm sooo confused. *-*

Edit: Wikipedia says 10 episodes, don't know why I didn't check there. -_- Stupid TV people making mistakes and confusing me...
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!1!!!
  • Oh mans. The latest episode is the battle of King's Landing, and they have some Tom Waits Rains of Castamere action going on.
  • I think you mean Matt Berninger of The National.
  • Wait... so that episode was the expensive one?
  • I am so glad that I can now grab an mp3 of Rains of Castamere. I want to start requesting it at weddings.
  • edited May 2012
    Wait... so that episode was the expensive one?
    Probably, with all the special effects and extra .. extras and armor and whatnot. Man I wish we could see more of the dragons, I bet the only reason they added the dragon stealing scene was so they wouldn't have to CG them in as much. No Drogon companion in the house of the undying scene. :(
    I hope they don't run out of money and can't continue the show. I know they've planned to do season 3 as the first half of the 3rd book, ending with RW. Pretty soon though they're gunna have to come up with big ole' dragons for many of Daenerys' scenes.
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • edited May 2012
    Rains of Castamere
    Relevant:

and:
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2012
    RW semi-spoilers:
    I really like how they're getting that song ingrained into different parts of the show, so it'll have a much greater emotional impact when RW happens.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • RW semi-spoilers:
    I really like how they're getting that song ingrained into different parts of the show, so it'll have a much greater emotional impact when RW happens.
    I think I am either a horrible reader, or just have a horrible memory, because I don't remember grasping the significance of this until reading up on it w/ the show. Shit, I don't remember half of how things actually went in the books.

Kinda makes me sad b/c I loved the books so damn much, but I know I'll remember the TV telling of the story more. I've read some of the analysis articles on Westeros.org and I couldn't believe how much was changed in adaptation that I didn't catch.

• I subbed to HBO for this series, and I don't regret it. I LOVE it.

I have to say, though, that I tried to read the books years ago and found the prose unforgivably dry and dull. Obviously, the plot is good, and it makes a great TV series. The books, though, like sand in my mouth. Couldn't get into them at all.
  • As a person who gets spoilers from the wiki and from the bf, who has read the series, I have to say the special bonus features on the DVD/Boo-Ray is quite nice.

They give the history of Westeros from different family perspectives. As much as I like the current story, I think it would be cool to know more of the history.
  • I subscribe to a few of the more popular theories on how all of the craziness will tie together in books 6 and 7, but they put great importance on flashbacks and history that has been left out of the show so far. If all of this stuff is true, then I expect the show would need to have some historical exposition in later seasons to catch viewers up.
  • So 2nd season is over. What did you all think of the last episode? I do have question about Daenerys
    Why didn't she take over the city? All the leaders are dead. She have a whole city to rule and base of operations for her invasion of Kings Landing.

• edited June 2012
    Well, now that the season is over, I wonder what shows we can watch until season 3?

Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited June 2012
    Now that is fantastic.

But we all saw what happens when she finally finds her dragons. I don't want to be involved.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Map of Westeros along with the trail of where the major characters have been.

• That is awesome, but also desperately in need of it's own Google Map! Would love to be able to toggle characters on/off.
  • I feel proud of myself that I figured out what characters most of the colors were before looking at the legend. ^_^
    Isn't that a map of Westeros and Easteros?
    Isn't that a map of England and Europe?
    FTFY