This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Very happy with Season 3 Episode 1.

Wish we could have seen Arya in episode 1.

Also the scene where Joffrey and Margaery where in Flea Bottom and Joffrey saw her come out of the orphanage made me laugh because it was almost like the scene in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I turn to Jeremy and said, "Did Joffrey's heart grow two sizes larger tonight?" =P

Also BARRISTEN SELMY!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I think it's more that he's a young boy and she's an attractive older woman who is not his mom. (though that probably doesn't stop his family :-p)
  • edited April 2013
    Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Umm...

That scene with Tywin and Tyrion was brilliant.
  • I was actually a big fan of the Unsullied scene.
  • edited April 2013
    Needed more Jaimie Lanister. I'm waiting for *that* scene.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited April 2013
    No surprise here, Game of Thrones Pirates Break BitTorrent Swarm Record. It looks like HBOs plan of releasing the episodes the day after to other countries that subscribe to them isn't working yet.
  • Using my parents HBO go account (since they were not using it helped me not download it :-p Also the show's ratings went up this year! so guess they are doing something right.
  • I would think that new subscribers is more important that ratings. Ratings could just mean people who were already subscribed to HBO is now watching GoT. I wouldn't mind seeing the data on new subscribers that tuned in on the season premier.
  • If HBO would let me legitimately watch GoT I would be happy. I am not buying one or two tiers higher on my cable for one television show with 10 episodes a year. D: Instead we've just been watching illicit streams and buying the DVDs when they come out a year late.
  • Same thing here, I download the episodes as they come out and buy the dvd's when they are released to support future episodes. I don't even have cable to buy HBO with.
  • HBO is being a touch backwards with their business model. Seriously. Just open up HBO Go at a slightly higher price to non-subscribers for instant access. I'm fairly certain a large number of people would sign up for this alone.
  • HBO is being a touch backwards with their business model. Seriously. Just open up HBO Go at a slightly higher price to non-subscribers for instant access. I'm fairly certain a large number of people would sign up for this alone.
    The problem here is that HBO doesn't want to piss off their cable partners like Comcast, Cablevision, Cox, and Time Warner (which is currently the parent company of HBO, but only for the rest of 2013). Anything that removes a barrier to cable-cutting is a no-go.
  • I've always wondered about the term cord-cutting or cable-cutting. After all, you're not really cutting the cord/cable, so much as just exchanging it for a different one.
  • You're removing a now obsolete middle-man. Sure, there is still a middle-man but the old one wants to protect his ass.
  • edited April 2013
    I've always wondered about the term cord-cutting or cable-cutting. After all, you're not really cutting the cord/cable, so much as just exchanging it for a different one.
    Even worse is the term "cord-never," meaning someone who never gets a cable subscription. I'm a "cord-never" under that definition, but I use cords frequently, just not coaxial cables. Maybe they should be called coaxial cable-cutters.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • We would have not gotten cable if we didn't get a great deal with our internet package. Now it's kind of like... "Well, we have it on for noise, I GUESS we could just put in a DVD." But then I'd be sad about missing The Walking Dead and my husband would mourn ESPN.
  • I've always wondered about the term cord-cutting or cable-cutting. After all, you're not really cutting the cord/cable, so much as just exchanging it for a different one.
    Even worse is the term "cord-never," meaning someone who never gets a cable subscription. I'm a "cord-never" under that definition, but I use cords frequently, just not coaxial cables. Maybe they should be called coaxial cable-cutters.
    True. It's not just that, but it's also shit like people calling themselves cable cutters, because they're not getting Cable TV from Comcast, they're just using Netflix and Hulu to watch shows on their Comcast internet connection, instead.

It's just a trendy, silly term. In reality, they're watching the same stuff, and doing the same things, they just don't like the way it's presented on TV, so they're seeking other delivery methods. It's people acting like they've discovered something magical, because they're using Fed-Ex instead of the USPS.
  • Oh shit Slavers' Bay, watch out!

I got excited when I saw the harpy in the opener. I know I am officially a fangirl now.

Regarding opening up HBO Go to online access, I believe they are probably contractually obligated not to. I can't think of any legit reason they wouldn't do it besides that. They say they have decided the best business model is still to go with the channel content as a whole package rather than selling season passes for shows or putting them online, but that sounds so much like a PR line that it can't be the whole truth. It's like when the government passes a law requiring a company to meet a certain standard, and then the company puts out an ad campaign saying "look how progressive we are for doing this thing!" They don't mention that they are required to do it anyway.
  • I got excited when you saw Winterfell smoking. So cool. Best opening sequence of any show, hands down.
  • edited April 2013
    Tywin Lannister needs to be punched in the mouth. With his dick.

And someone needs to light that crazy sun priestess on fire.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited April 2013
    Tywin Lannister needs to be punched in the mouth. With his dick.

And someone needs to light that crazy sun priestess on fire.

But she'd like being lit on fire....
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Looked up to whom you were referring. Only one reply.

• Tywin Lannister needs to be punched in the mouth. With his dick.
    He gets better than that. Just wait.

• Without giving away any spoilers, I'm curious how, or even if, the TV show is going to address a pretty big issue in the books, that, so far, hasn't been touched on at all.
  • Have they shown the Reeds yet? The lack of Reeds during the flight from Winterfell worries me.
  • Have they shown the Reeds yet? The lack of Reeds during the flight from Winterfell worries me.
    Agreed. The lack of Wolf also concerns me. I think the amount of Dragon is just right though.

• From the previews for the next eps, I think they may encounter the reeds when they are running away.
  • We hardly even saw Ghost in season 2 anyway, and... Did we ever see Summer? D: Maybe once?