This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Comments

• Lightsabers.

• edited April 2013
    Have they shown the Reeds yet? The lack of Reeds during the flight from Winterfell worries me.
    I was concerned, but I guess they didn't want to introduce two more characters last season. Easier to do it this season when there are far less character introductions, maybe?

The Reeds just showed up in the woods, and Jojen was like, "Hey Bran, wassup? I saw you in a dream, so let's go!"

Get ready for two seasons of Bran & co traveling. I hope they don't waste too much screen time on that.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • This show feels like nothing is happening because they spend like 3 minutes on each storyline. I wish they would do longer bits for each character and just not get to everyone in a single episode.
    Why the fuck haven't we gotten to see Sam stab a fucking Other yet? 3 episodes in and they haven't even gotten to the treachery at Craster's? HBO, I am disappoint. >:(
  • edited April 2013
    They are doing something radically different with Theon Greyjoy in this show, kinda curious what they are going to do since he doesn't even appear in this book. This is also good, because in general his story sucks after winterfall

Post edited by Cremlian on
  • AmpAmp
    edited April 2013
    Finally started to watch season 2. Liking it so far but there is still the dread of what is to coming haing read the books.

One itch it does scrach is the massive amount of costume detail and design. It scratches it so good.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I was really hoping Sam would stop sucking by this episode.

Also, I rather enjoyed the juxtaposition at the end.

And that bit with Podrick was hilarious. Also boobs.
  • When is there not boobs?
  • ... Also boobs.
    Thanks for the spoiler jerk face!
    Boob quotient has been low so far. They fixed it this time.

Boob quotient has been low so far. They fixed it this time.

What with the battle of Boobshire where the tit legions did battle with the forces of bresticalis?

• What with the battle of Boobshire where the tit legions did battle with the forces of bresticalis?
    That was all well and good until the Mammary Knights attacked, then it was just a brasive.
  • Any treaty between the Tit legions and the Bresticalis must take place at the Breastiary in the great city Nipopolis, under the watchful Eye of Goob

• Ah that would explain the battles to control Nipopolis, distracting them from the growing threat of the Sweater Cows across the sea.
  • edited April 2013
    KHALEESI!

Holy shit that was baller.

Also the scenes with The Spider were really great. I am so loving the Queen of Thorns as a new character in this season.

And poor Theon. That Ramsay Snow is a cold piece.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Yeah that was pretty badass there, with that queen there, and stuff... and the things.
  • Also, go Podrick! My man!
  • Yeah that was pretty badass there, with that queen there, and stuff... and the things.
    best spoiler tags ever: stuff and things.
  • What I thought of during that last scene.

• On a related note: I was trying to find the proper way to pluralize Khaleesi and found this gem: http://www.dothraki.com/dl/dothraki101.pdf
  • HOLY FUCK
  • I'm liking this current trend of "stuff happens." They should really endeavor to keep that up.

Also, I saw the thing with Daenerys coming a million miles away - and it was still awesome when it did.
  • That ending theme was boss. Can't wait for the season 3 soundtrack.
  • I am so satisfied with the visuals of the unsullied army marching from Asterpor. Damn.
  • I'm liking this current trend of "stuff happens." They should really endeavor to keep that up.

Also, I saw the thing with Daenerys coming a million miles away - and it was still awesome when it did.
    The only guy who apparently did not see it coming was the slave master...

• And apparently her two personal guards don't have any bonus to their sense motive stat.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah that's what confused me most: her moves were pretty blatant to the point of dissapointingly predictable and her two advisor guards were pretty blunt in terms of intuition on that one. Which is a cheap way to make her plan seem more 'cunnin'

And I wish the slave master was somewhat more intuitive than he was shown to be, that there was at least some modicum more self preservation and streetwise shown on his behalf that the Khaleesi could coordially scheme through.

But in the interest of time or not wanting to think that hard or just not wanting to make us wait for a good ol slaughter and BBQ party, he was pretty stupid.

But it just doesn't add up: he diddn't even do a background check on her before handing over an army of mass slaughter?

You would think he would do at least that, at least figure out who this girl is who's gonna run around with an entire army of fucking badass child-killing slave/robot warriors who don't mind loosing a nipple, and see if she, you know, is a threat to at least his own realm. And in doing so he'd learn that, well hold up, she speaks our language. Also Dragons.

Like that also bugs me. He's like 'you have the money and assets for about 100 dudes' and she's like 'howabout a dragon' and he's like 'hmm, seems legit'

And then goes and assembles a huge army for trade for the dragon, sight unseen and is surprised when it doesn't do what he wants when Mom is right there? He doesn't get a carfax, doesn't do a background check, doesn't even ask for a test-drive... and expects a lot.

There's a sucker born every minute.

But yeah, army is badass, the queen shall rise again... some good shit gonna go down.

Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited April 2013
    In condensed storytelling (like the kind you have to do to fit these books into ~10 hours of screentime), you're inevitably going to reduce some characters to tropes.

So the slave master was the typical guy blinded by his arrogance and greed. It was a little overdone because they couldn't develop it slowly - so it comes off as being more extreme than it was likely supposed to be. Still doesn't change the amount of satisfaction I drew from that scene.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I have pretty much no complaints with the show this season. Even reading through people's complaints from the first and second episodes, they were all resolved, and turned out to just be the viewer getting faked out. The team behind this show is seriously on top of its shit.
  • Indeed.
    They actually had me going with Theon. I figured it out like 2 minutes before the twist, but it was still quite satisfying.

Also, I'm starting to like Joffrey. Or at least, I hate him less. He's, like, smiling and happy and shit. And he's putting Cersei in her place.

I feel this will only end poorly for everyone.