This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• So they're not officially embracing the second analog pad?
  • So they're not officially embracing the second analog pad?
    Name a game other than that one RE game and Kid Icarus that uses it.
  • .. what 3DS games are there?
  • .. what 3DS games are there?
    Not as few as you'd think, even just counting the good ones.
  • Not to say there aren't any, they seem to have fallen out of my head..
  • Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, or maybe not really, I forget what thread that was, apparently Sora's really in to Parkor now.
  • Nintendo has also said that your wii downloads can be transferred to your wii u.
  • Playing the Guns of Icarus Online beta. Spoilers: it has airships.
  • Playing the Guns of Icarus Online beta. Spoilers: it has airships.
    It's SO GOOD. HIT THINGS WITH MY MAGIC WRENCH.
  • You really don't need the circle pad for Kid Icarus. I don't even use the stand.
  • http://scrolls.com/game

Looks like it may be pay2win. For shame Notch.
  • To me it looks like grind2win.
  • edited June 2012
    To me it looks like grind2win.
    Pretty much. It seems to be a case of receiving random scrolls, rather than buying whatever scrolls you want. It says "Auction houses", but no indication that they will use real money for it over in-game gold - but it's possible I guess. So, really, I see no indication that they have micro-transactions, only the one-time price for the game, and you get a (likely random) scroll per week, and they have an auction house that we know nothing about, and it's POSSIBLE but completely unknown if it will take real money.

So, I guess, to translate from Scott-speak, "Scrolls might have pay to win, maybe, but probably not because that's pretty stupid in a CCG-alike, we'll have to wait and see till we have more information, because we wouldn't want to jump to conclusions, now, would we?"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Now let us wait till a competent company makes it, but don't stay up.
  • edited July 2012
    Valve is revolutionizing the biz yet again. Bravo.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So it's a way to kickstart a game onto Steam :-p if the developers see a whole bunch of people voting for their game, they may go and actually get it on steam.. This could be cool for all those damn games that never make it to steam. Of course a billion EA games will be listed... lol
  • I don't like the vague "don't have any offensive content" hurdle but such is life.
  • edited July 2012
    Also in case anyone missed it, CS:GO has a release date.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited July 2012
  • Microsoft may be buying Activision.
    If that is true, then it is actually a bigger news because Microsoft will be buying Blizzard.
    If that is true, then it is actually a bigger news because Microsoft will be buying Blizzard.
    Yep. Though admittedly, most of it comes from Blizzard, Activision is still worth 18 billion, that's certainly not chump change by any stretch.

There are also some other people in the mix like Tencent. Either way I think Microsoft buying them would possibly be the worst case scenario for gamers. In fact if any of the console makers, or EA, bought them it would be equally as bad.
  • edited July 2012
    Not sure I really see anything changing though. The Start/Select reporter brings up a good point in that a lot of their success comes from dealing with Sony and Nintendo as well.
    Microsoft may be buying Activision.
    There are also some other people in the mix like Tencent. Either way I think Microsoft buying them would possibly be the worst case scenario for gamers. In fact if any of the console makers, or EA, bought them it would be equally as bad.
    Time-Warner as well, which would be kinda strange...
  • So where's the article MATATAT? I wish the Preview button was back down next to the post button, and larger than the post button.
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    Value announces Steam on Ubuntu.
    Apparently part of the motivation behind shifting games to Linux is that, according to Gabe Newell, Windows 8 is a catastrophe.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I love it when intelligent, motivated people drive an industry.