This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• What are you running Windows 98 SE?
  • Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. coming on 3DS and Wii U.
    Thank you, I'm done here.
  • edited June 2013
    This "John trying to troll Scott" routine is getting quite old. But anyways, this stuff probably won't affect me in any way, I just want to play games. Anybody have time for some Monaco in eight hours?
    Edit:
    Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. coming on 3DS and Wii U.
    Thank you, I'm done here.
    OH SHIIIIIIIII
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • By now I take everything johndis says with a very large grain of salt. It's basically impossible to tell if his comments are serious or just trolling, so I assume trolling.
  • I'll just play Mega Man Wii U at someone else's house. Not paying for it.
  • By now I take everything johndis says with a very large grain of salt. It's basically impossible to tell if his comments are serious or just trolling, so I assume trolling.
    Yeah, pretty much. It's amusing at times.

As for the Wii U. I'm still underwhelmed. It was pretty cool what they had, but I don't know if getting it is still worth it. Perhaps when it's really cheap. The New Super Mario Bros with the cat suits was cool as well as Mario Kart 8, but I already know I won't play it a lot.

It's cool what they are doing with Smash Bros, but I'm not into it.

PS4 is something I will more than likely get over any of them.
  • Regrettably, it seems that I'm a gamer, surrounded by fucking sales-figure obsessed accountants and hardware-obsessed engineers.
    Were you ever not?
  • edited June 2013
    Regrettably, it seems that I'm a gamer, surrounded by fucking sales-figure obsessed accountants and hardware-obsessed engineers.
    Were you ever not?
    Well, for a while I was surrounded by doctors and nurses, but they don't let the healthy babies stay in maternity for too long.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2013
    Anyone complaining about needing ps+ for ps4 online doesn't realize you also get free GOOD games, and the roster rotates!
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Just watched the MGS 5 trailer and it was quite sexy. I'm excited and hope that it will be as good as it has potential to be.
  • So the Smash Bros. is going to also be on the 3DS. Now there's really no reason to get WiiU.
  • Man, 3DS is where it's at. I thought the Wii U lineup also looked quite good, but there are still probably not enough titles to support a system. I play big games at an anemic pace, so it's fine with me, but with all the games listed stretched out over 18 months, most gamers will still have dusty Wii Us.

One thing I do not see Nintendo focusing on is selling the concept of the gamepad, which is interesting. Wii U sales are scary low, and they're not trotting out anything unique to fire up the market. They'd better hope these first party re-hashes really up the game, or people are going to tire on the franchises, and that will be the last straw for Nintendo.

God I am gonna have so much fun with Mario 3D World and Smash Bros, though. Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Donkey Country Country, Mario Kart, X, Watch Dogs, Bayonette 2 all look like fun as well.
  • edited June 2013
    One thing I do not see Nintendo focusing on is selling the concept of the gamepad, which is interesting.
    It's not interesting, it's expected. Nintendo software never fulfills the potential of their hardware.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Smash bros for the 3DS is something the 20 year old me would have killed my college friends for :-p
  • I'll probably get it for WiiU and 3DS
  • Hoping this game makes it to PC. I really enjoyed the trailer, they did a great portrayal gaming that doesn't feature super-macho voice acting.
  • edited June 2013
    I do very much appreciate the NYC accuracy, but the game looks like yet another cookie cutter 3rd person shooter. You are also right about that incredible voice acting.

Aaaand they didn't reveal until the end that it's online and those voices were players and not characters. Welp, not going to play it unless it's on PC.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • From my little understanding, it's supposed to be a semi-MMO sandbox game, which could be fun running around with a group of friends as survivors. Obviously it will probably fall short, but I approve of the general idea the game is pushing.
  • From my little understanding, it's supposed to be a semi-MMO sandbox game, which could be fun running around with a group of friends as survivors. Obviously it will probably fall short, but I approve of the general idea the game is pushing.
    I also approve. It is a nice step towards the mythical Terminator MMO of my vision.
  • Hoping this game makes it to PC. I really enjoyed the trailer, they did a great portrayal gaming that doesn't feature super-macho voice acting.
    I think that was all player chatter instead of voice acting. Well, it was probably "acted" but not in the "voice acting" way. Online co-op shooter could be interesting and fun.

• edited June 2013
    I think that was all player chatter instead of voice acting. Well, it was probably "acted" but not in the "voice acting" way. Online co-op shooter could be interesting and fun.
    Trust me, it's 100% voice-acting. It's just them acting as if they were people playing the game instead of "ONLY ONE MAN CAN SAVE THE WORLD NOW..."

Post edited by Andrew on
  • I think that was all player chatter instead of voice acting. Well, it was probably "acted" but not in the "voice acting" way. Online co-op shooter could be interesting and fun.
    Trust me, it's 100% voice-acting. It's just them acting as if they were people playing the game instead of "ONLY ONE MAN CAN SAVE THE WORLD NOW..."

Funny how that is closer to what actual people in that position would sound like than the hammy voice acting that usually would go in that sort of game.
    What?? Wow, rude...
  • I'm also not really intending to get any of the new consoles anytime soon. I'll be using what I already have for quite a while. But if the time comes to upgrade, based on what is currently being shown, it will be between PS4 and a HTPC.
    What?? Wow, rude...
    Well, given how 99% of your comments seem to be geared towards inflaming the passions of those in the forum you're posting in... :)

Okay, this post in particular isn't trolling though, I'll give you that. :)
  • Okay, this post in particular isn't trolling though, I'll give you that. :)
    Obvious troll is obvious.

• Slanted? Seriously?
  • Gotta say in terms of looks I like the Xbox one better. Just need to add some wood paneling.
  • Gotta say in terms of looks I like the Xbox one better. Just need to add some wood paneling.