This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• She does have a pretty generic face.
  • Yeah I mean, it sort of looks like her but I wouldn't have noticed that connection unless it was specifically mentioned.
  • I guess the early design was more like her, but I straight up thought she was in both The Last of Us and Beyond.
  • I mean Ellen Page has a generic face.
  • edited June 2013
    Atlus' parent company files for bankruptcy.

They're also being investigated for fraud. Oops!
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Dual Strike. It's the most fun in a general sense, has a good single-player campaign, etc...
  • Endless Space is on sale. I greatly enjoyed MOO 1&2. Should I invest in this game?
  • Endless Space is on sale. I greatly enjoyed MOO 1&2. Should I invest in this game?
    It's not quite MOO, but it's in the same spirit. It's certainly a very enjoyable game, and I'm pretty sure you'd like it if you liked MOO.

• I love Endless Space, haven't got the expansion yet but will soon.
  • How does it compare to Galactic Civilizations?
  • I liked Endless Space better, but they are different games, Galactic Civ is a Single player game only so a lot of it's stuff is not balanced but is more theme based. While Endless Space has a Multiplayer option which means it's races are more balanced and less focus on theme. I enjoyed both but Endless Space is a better "game".
  • Hello here is a really cool abstract strategy + rogue-like playabale on all the non console platforms: http://robotacid.com/flash/ending/

I guess it's been out for pc platforms for a few months, but it's new on mobile. Anyway, here's my full official review: "It's really good. I like it."
  • I can't find the demo.
  • I thought you were trolling me for a minute there, but then I realized I can't find the demo either.What in the......
  • Hey, remember this successful Kickstarter from last year?

Well, even with all that extra funding, they still went over budget.
  • Hey, remember this successful Kickstarter from last year?

Called it! They did not budget for the awards in each level and that is why they went over the tipping point.

• Father: Teen Jailed For Facebook Comment Beat Up Behind Bars

Basically a kid was stupid enough to post something stupid on Facebook to where people took threat to it and reported him to the cops. I got annoyed with how they mentioned he made this post after he played League of Legends, because that community is pretty volatile.

Sorry, but the mention of video games was annoying to me. It seemed that they are trying to use that as a sort of scapegoat. Yeah the community in LoL is full of asshats, but if you're going to post something on Facebook about shooting up a school, you need to get punished. I will agree that the bond is way too high, and the reports of the kid basically becoming a jail bitch is sad.

Lesson: Don't fucking be stupid and make false threats online.
  • Except that this was obviously not a serious threat.

Generally, you can say VERY threatening things and still be protected as long as they're not likely, imminent, specific, etc...

The fact that he said "a" kindergarten, coupled with the bit about eating a still-beating heart, and the context of that statement, make it OBVIOUSLY not a real "threat." It's ridiculous that police were even involved beyond, at MOST, dropping by to talk to the kid for all of five minutes.
  • I don't disagree there, however this is Texas. I pretty much don't count on anything in the lines of common sense happening there.

Also this was two months after Sandy Hook, so people were probably still very sensitive to this sort of matter.
  • edited July 2013
    Hey, remember this successful Kickstarter from last year?

Called it! They did not budget for the awards in each level and that is why they went over the tipping point.

Also, by his own admission, Tim Schafer isn't very good at planning or budgeting.
    The truth is I always act as if I didn't have to worry about profits, had all the money in the world, and no technical limits. Maybe that's why my games are considered "niche," why they go over budget, and why my programmers have to work so hard. So basically, I'd be doing exactly what I'm doing right now! :)
    source

Makes me glad Brad Muir is in charge of Massive Chalice
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • OH SHIT SON. Remember Outcast, the game I keep bringing up unnaturally in conversation whenever we talk about old video games? The original devs acquired the rights and it's getting remade/sequeled, Deus Ex-style. Oh shit, this is awesome.
  • UWE is releasing the female marine for NS2. She's a fucking badass!
  • Kinda wanna play NS2 again just to hear her say "You don't see that every day. Thank god."
  • Kinda wanna play NS2 again just to hear her say "You don't see that every day. Thank god."
    Oh, and she also comes in regular, deluxe, and black armor version.
  • Without a cleavage window or an exposed midriff, how can you even tell that's a female?
  • Without a cleavage window or an exposed midriff, how can you even tell that's a female?
  • I'm most impressed by the lack of a boobs-shaped chestpiece.

...And I just realized how low the bar is. I'm sad about that.