This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• Let slip the dogs of war.
  • Also: Stupid rumor I wish were true time: This is going to be Pokemon x Monster Hunter.
    That's a horse racing solitaire game... so not even close.
  • Dark Souls is sooooo good.
  • Dark Souls is sooooo good.
    Dark Souls for the mother flipping win.

Anyone paying attention to Watch Dogs? It looks unrealistically good to me from the gameplay vids I've seen (there's only like 20 minutes of footage out there really), and I gotta wonder if it's another Spore kind of situation.
  • There is a reason I didn't want to buy Civ 5. Somewhere in the six hours that vanished from my life yesterday lies the answer...
  • Damn...Overgrowth is looking really nice, but I wonder what is the end game.
  • Yah Overgrowth looks pretty cool. I didn't realize it's the same ppl who did Receiver. Feel like that would be extremely your shit.
  • I desperately want a new SWAT game with the Receiver gun mechanics.
  • I desperately want a new SWAT game with the Receiver gun mechanics.
  • edited August 2013
    Apparently, despite the new, sane, guidelines, Saints Row 4 was so... Saints Row that the Australian Classification Board still initially refused classification for it. Twice.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Trust me, that's not hard. The reason it was rejected was for sexual violence - from the weapon which is basically a giant dildo that you stab into some poor fucker and then launch them into space, and if that's sexual violence, I think the censorship board must have some really fucking amazing parties - and for drug use, because you use fictional virtual alien drug analogs to temporarily improve your virtual superpowers gained by being in the aliens virtual world, and positive drug use is a big no-no.
  • But these topics are used in many other forms of media and not censored in Australia, it is stupid.

Beyond that however it is futile because if I wanted that game I would just buy it internationally and then register the key with my Steam account like so many people did for Left 4 Dead 2.

It's the political process interfering with the general public's access to art.
  • Didn't fallout 3 and New Vegas have the same 'drug' problem in Australia?
  • Didn't fallout 3 and New Vegas have the same 'drug' problem in Australia?
    Originally, yes. So they changed all versions worldwide so that Morphine was Med-X, and that's about it, and it soared through easy.
  • What's the best and maybe most modern pokemon game I could play via emulator?
  • What's the best and maybe most modern pokemon game I could play via emulator?
    Black/White or Black2/White2
  • I would say Heart Gold/Soul Silver is better, but that's a matter of opinion.
  • I would say Heart Gold/Soul Silver is better, but that's a matter of opinion.
    He said most modern. If you want best, I say Leaf Green.
  • GBA is probably modern enough, I guess I really just meant post Gameboy Color. Whichever has most engaging gameplay/systems and least obtrusive plot is really what I'm lookin for.
  • Least intrusive plot? Ignore Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they are very intrusive. Heart Gold/Soul Silver are relatively intrusive.

I think Fire Red/Leaf Green is probably the least intrusive plot, just the stuff with Team Rocket, at its shortest in this game.
  • GBA is probably modern enough, I guess I really just meant post Gameboy Color. Whichever has most engaging gameplay/systems and least obtrusive plot is really what I'm lookin for.
    The plots are all pretty much identical. The systems are all really similar. Perhaps just go with the newest one since the systems are more complex with team battles and such. Also I think combat is quicker in the newer ones.
  • Ok thanks for the info people!!
  • edited August 2013
    IIRC, in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you couldn't fast-forward battles on hardware, which made things less fun. I'd go for either HG/SS or Black 2/White 2, as the new physical/special split starting from Gen 4 on makes battles significantly more interesting.

EDIT: Also Black/White on have infinite-use TMs, which is... nice.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX coming to Steam on September 25, 2013:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/236450/?snr=1_7_15__13
  • Yay more games for me to rebuy on PC.