This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• If a Playstation user, I'd recommend inFamous. No idea about Xbox games.
  • edited November 2013
    Dwarf Fortress

Or maybe Arkham Asylum.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Dromaro said:

So, I got a random text from a non gamer friend and I'm vexed.

"Q: if someone likes CoD and Farcry and Diablo an Assassin's Creed, what game would you recommend that isn't CoD ghosts?"

Thoughts?

Crysis 2 fer surre
  • Dromaro said:

"Q: if someone likes CoD and Farcry and Diablo an Assassin's Creed, what game would you recommend that isn't CoD ghosts?"

Thoughts?

Whatever "AAA" title came out most recently.
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

Thoughts?

Whatever "AAA" title came out most recently.
    That was part of my initial reply. "Sounds like a AAA gamer. He'd probably be happy with *insert random AAA title he doesn't already own*" but I did at least want to attempt to gather an informed opinion for them.
  • The latest Ass Creed, Torchlight 2, Deathspank, Blood dragon, Dead Rising 2, Payday 2(nine bucks on amazon right now, btw), and that should do the job.
  • Upon further inquiry, turns out my friend was asking on behalf of his 16 year old step-daughter so she could get her boy friend a game. Because fuck talking to him and seeing what he likes, am I right?
  • Dromaro said:

Upon further inquiry, turns out my friend was asking on behalf of his 16 year old step-daughter so she could get her boy friend a game. Because fuck talking to him and seeing what he likes, am I right?

Yeah, I was puzzled by your initial post but it makes sense now. The only correlation between those games were that they were action oriented and popularised by advertising outside of gaming society.

I was going to post this before I read your update post -
    Counterstrike GO, Bioshock Infinite, Path of Exile, Spec Ops The Line and Payday 2 for ultimate grinding.
  • edited November 2013
    sK0pe said:

Payday 2 for ultimate grinding.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Dromaro said:

Thoughts?

Looking for any game?

Battlefield is fun. Batman is fun.
  • Blood Bowl II is coming!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/21/blood-bowl-ii-wants-to-show-you-its-grass/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+RockPaperShotgun+(Rock,+Paper,+Shotgun)

I'm actually really excited. When Blood Bowl 1 came out I bought it digitally from some site that no longer exists. I really enjoyed playing a miniatures game with the PC handling all the slow parts. I just couldn't get anyone else to play it with to do leagues and whatnot. I Then a bunch of expansions came out, but I didn't want to rebuy it on Steam. Now I know some people who will play it, so I think this will be great.
  • edited November 2013
    Papers, Please.

Seriously, though, tell him to check out Dishonored. Hotline Miami, Serious Sam 3, and Spec Ops might also click with him.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I want both these games, but I don't think I'll Kickstart them. I'll just get them in a Steam sale or bundle later on.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1183462809/paradise-lost-first-contact

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pixeljam/dino-run-2?ref=live
  • State of Decay is the closest I've seen to actually playing The Walking Dead. You can control any character in the community that you've become friendly with. If a character gets jumped by zombies...that's it, they're gone forever. The game has a lot of glitches and bugs, but it's clearly an indie game with a tight budget. The gameplay is very tense and I'm enjoying it thoroughly on my Xbox. There's a version on Steam too.
  • Has anyone played, used or downloaded the Ubisoft Uplay system? Is it as bad as Games for Windows Live?
  • It's worse in the sense that it launches instead of the steam game you clicked on and you have to click through it to play. But it doesn't pop up in game.
  • Omnutia said:

It's worse

You could have stopped right here.

On a bit more serious note it's pretty transparent now. At least it is for Rocksmith 2014. I launch from Steam and it starts up Uplay and then goes immediately into the game. I don't even notice that Rocksmith uses it except when I exit the game and I've got this weird Uplay window up.
  • How are you gonna buy those sweet wallpapers without Uplay?

But seriously if you're upset because you need to click twice instead of once then you're just nitpicking.
  • Pretty much. The worst it's ever been in my experience is that Trials uses Uplay's multiplayer framework, which makes it incredibly difficult to get a game going.
  • I didn't even know that game had multiplayer.
  • edited November 2013
    MATATAT said:

I didn't even know that game had multiplayer.

Yeah, you can either take on ghost-like players (It's just that they're controlling the ghost, and going over the same track) or you can race on long multi-lane tracks side by side, though I don't recall if that's single-screen or online play.

EXAMPLES

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2013
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Actually, it's not. Microsoft developed and manufactured the Kinect 2 (the one used with Xbox One). Primesense only licensed their tech to Microsoft for the first Kinect.
  • Don't wanna use real money to buy a console?

OUYA now accepts Bitcoin.
  • Most people I know with bitcoins will admit to buying drugs, but I can't think of anyone I know who would admit to buying an Ouya.
  • Apparently you can buy drugs on the Ouya now apparently. :-p
  • Ouya, the krokodil of video games.
  • Cliffy B says he's thinking of making a fast paced arena shooter.
  • Will there be jump-pads?
  • More importantly, will there be rocket-jumping?