This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• Apreche said:

Minish Cap is garbage anyway.

I guess I feel less sour then, maybe I should just go play Seasons (and maybe replay Ages).
  • I juat replayed both seasons and ages and can say that ages is the superior version.
  • edited May 2014
    My brother had Seasons and I had Ages but much like Pokemon I insisted Blue was always superior.

EDIT: Holy shit I forgot they partnered with Scholastic and made two Choose-Your-Adventure books based on the Seasons/Ages games. I used to have one of those.

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually there was 4 and the other two were Wario Land 4 and Super Mario Advanced?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Ages is all puzzly Zelda. Seasons is mostly stabby. Ages is way better.
  • I have to say that Sucker Punch did a good job with the Paper Trail quest line in Infamous: Second Son. It left me confused at first because I did not think that they would make it as elaborate as they did. I have gotten used to somewhat lazy game design and in this case... well, you really need to think things through.

I think the best (and worst) of it is the web component. After you collect clues you have to go on the web and look at the clues and decipher them. The clues are not the same for everyone either so you can't directly get answers via an FAQ. You can get pointed in the right direction if you are stuck but that is about it.

It is also the worst part because you have to stop playing the game and do things on your PC to advance the quest.
  • Daikun said:
    I should try to find some good used games for it... I have one, though I only got it for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.
  • Daikun said:
    I should try to find some good used games for it... I have one, though I only got it for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.
    Just put custom firmware in it, pirate all the games and put every emulator ever to it.

• Apsup said:

Daikun said:
    Just put custom firmware in it, pirate all the games and put every emulator ever to it.

Something else I should do. :) I just haven't gotten around to it...
  • Apsup said:

Daikun said:

Last time I tried that they only had custom firmware for like a specific serial version. That was like... 6 years ago though.
  • MATATAT said:

Apsup said:

Daikun said:

Last time I tried that they only had custom firmware for like a specific serial version. That was like... 6 years ago though.
    It's now literally just an app that you run from the home screen. It literally takes four seconds.
  • Capcom up for sale.

Go buy it, you guys!
  • So, there's something odd on the TF2 site, as usual. No rumors as to what it could be, but if I had to hazard an off-the-wall guess, based on the links to DotA2.com in the source, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some fun DotA crossover or something.
  • edited June 2014
    There is some other update going in it seems. The DOTA link is just them reusing code for website (e.g. the countdown clock). The weird thing is that it has something to do with bread. There are some files in a recent update referencing a breadmonster and a breadknife etc., and ever since the same update when a class teleports a class-specific kind of bread (burnt toast for the pyro, a baguette for the spy, etc.) will spawn next to the teleporter on occasion. There have also been other hints about bread throughout the past year according to Reddit.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Daikun said:

Capcom up for sale.

Go buy it, you guys!

I would if I could.
  • Just want Nintendo to buy them. I want it so bad.
  • Apple should buy Capcom and use them as their first party game makers for the new Apple Entertainment Center/Apple TV that comes with an A7 chip and a game controller.
  • Apple and Nintendo are both smart candidates to buy Capcom. Hell, any larger company who is or wants to be involved in games would be a smart candidate.

I think the idea of Apple might be the smartest, though. Capcom has been suffering a big brain drain of game design talent over the past few years. They are still capable of developing and publishing games, but I don't expect a Capcom title to be very good anymore. They do, however, sit on a mountain of bankable IP. Think of the Apple consumer who is going to play some games: give them a mediocre (or even crap) game with a recognizable character, and they will eat it up!
  • God, I seriously hope Apple doesn't buy Capcom.
  • Cremlian said:

God, I seriously hope Apple doesn't buy Capcom.

It's ridiculously unlikely. Apple hates games. Also, if they're going to buy any game company it would be someone like SEGA or Bandai/Namco that is much better at making small transactional mobile games.
  • Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

God, I seriously hope Apple doesn't buy Capcom.

It's ridiculously unlikely. Apple hates games. Also, if they're going to buy any game company it would be someone like SEGA or Bandai/Namco that is much better at making small transactional mobile games.
    Sega is already owned by Sammy, who is probably too big to buy due to how much money they make on pachinko machines. I could see Sammy buying Capcom though in order to add to their gaming portfolio.
  • edited June 2014
    So it turns out my birthday is the same as the day Counter-Strike came out. That's pretty neat.
    Edit: Different year though.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Damn, I double checked on just what is owned by the company formerly known as Sammy (renamed Sega Sammy Holdings since they acquired Sega), and talk about a megacorp... Atlus is one of their subsidiaries. So is the TMS anime studio. There are also a bunch of other companies I've never heard of. They also own a pretty big stake in Sanrio (AKA "the Hello Kitty company").

I wouldn't put it past them to buy Capcom. They're certainly big enough.
  • That's how Japanese megacorps work, they own a bit of everything. I still think it's a little strange that the same company that makes whiskey also sells orange juice.
  • The idea of their megacorps having employee housing blows my mind.
  • Ruffas said:

That's how Japanese megacorps work, they own a bit of everything. I still think it's a little strange that the same company that makes whiskey also sells orange juice.

I find it more strange that Kraft makes peanut butter, ginger beer and blocks of chocolate.
    MATATAT said:

The idea of their megacorps having employee housing blows my mind.

Nearly all the big mining companies do this around the world.
  • sK0pe said:

But isn't it like usually out in the middle of nowhere? The part that surprises me is that they're like "Hey, live in our housing, work at our company, eat at our restaurants."
  • MATATAT said:

sK0pe said:

But isn't it like usually out in the middle of nowhere? The part that surprises me is that they're like "Hey, live in our housing, work at our company, eat at our restaurants."
    In quite a few of the areas there are mining towns which can be rented out or bought as the workers are paid crazy amounts of money. The towns will also do as much as possible to make the population non transient and some begin setting roots down, they bring their pets up and end up living there till the jobs dry up or they need to put their kids into schools.

For the majority however you are correct.
  • MATATAT said:

The idea of their megacorps having employee housing blows my mind.

This was quite common in the US during the Guilded Age. You had to live in company housing, shop at company stores, etc.
  • edited June 2014
    Crytek is in trouble. Their Ryse sequel was cancelled and they're not paying their employees.

I love this part of the article...
    So, why is Crytek in trouble?

Most people connected with the company Eurogamer spoke with said it had expanded too fast and in the wrong areas.
    I have an alternate theory: It might have something to do with not paying your employees.
    Post edited by Daikun on