This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Why would you try to go to a gaming store? Any of your gaming needs can be satisfied in PAX itself. If you want something that's not on sale, buy it on the Interwebs.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Why go to gaming store? I am going to have F#$% all to do on Thursday and this is a time waster. As for the places I was told:

Eureka Puzzles and Games (Brookline)
    Complete Strategist (Brookline)
    Games People Play (Cambridge)
    Pandemonium Books and Games (Cambridge)
  • Why would you try to go to a gaming store? Any of your gaming needs can be satisfied in PAX itself. If you want something that's not on sale, buy it on the Interwebs.
    It might be a good way for him to explore the Boston area. I used to look for comic book stories whenever I traveled some place just to see how they set up their shop.

But then I am trying to argue with someone who believes once you've climbed one mountain you've climbed them all...
  • Comicopia is the best comic shop in Boston, I hear.
    I went into Newbery comics on Newbery street, that was also pretty cool.
    I went into Newbery comics on Newbery street, that was also pretty cool.
    Meh, it's kinda touristy and mostly mainstream, and sells mostly things other than comics. Thing is, Comicopia is bringing all their peoples to Anime Boston dealer's room.
  • Interesting note: Manticore Theatre doesn't have any panels 10:30 - 2:00 on Saturday. We could possibly do something awesome.
  • edited April 2012
    Comicopia is the best comic shop in Boston, I hear.
    That's because it is.
    Why go to gaming store? I am going to have F#$% all to do on Thursday and this is a time waster. As for the places I was told:

Eureka Puzzles and Games (Brookline)
    Complete Strategist (Brookline)
    Games People Play (Cambridge)
    Pandemonium Books and Games (Cambridge)
    Eureka is a lot more kid stuff. They have Catan and Carcassone and such, but they specialize in the Spot It/Jungle Speed variety and puzzles/models. Compleat Strategist is really weak. If you go to all the others you can check it out, but I'd definitely leave it for last.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Why go to gaming store? I am going to have F#$% all to do on Thursday and this is a time waster. As for the places I was told:
    I could point you to a pretty good pickup game of ultimate Frisbee on Thursday to kill some time if you are so inclined.
  • Interesting note: Manticore Theatre doesn't have any panels 10:30 - 2:00 on Saturday. We could possibly do something awesome.
    Sounds good to me!
  • Well, it depends on what my managers and shift decide to do. What's happening there will be up on the GroupMe Thursday night.

I'll pass along suggestions, though.
  • So it looks like I'll be getting into Bostonia around noon on Thursday. Not sure what I'm doing at that point.
  • edited April 2012
    can you add:
    nerdmancer@gmail.com
    to the list.
    I never seemed to have been added...
    Can you re-try? Thanks.

[Edit] Thanks I'm in.
    Post edited by nerdmancer on
    I could point you to a pretty good pickup game of ultimate Frisbee on Thursday to kill some time if you are so inclined.
    I like this idea, point away.
  • Can someone add me to GroupMe?
    kieykashi@gmail.com
  • Thursday evening is the Pokecrawl!

Anyone over 21 who will be around on Thursday is welcome to spend the evening hanging out with some cool people, even if you don't want to drink and/or aren't signed up for a team, more party members are always welcome! The last few crawls were a lot of fun. If you want to meet up with us, I'm on team Blue-Silver, and Creamsteak is on team Red-Silver.
  • Can someone add me to GroupMe?
    kieykashi@gmail.com
    Done.
    I like this idea, point away.
    As do I. Do the same.

• What the hell is all of this talk about people coming in on Thursday having nothing to do? Get your asses to your nearest hotel lobby and board game it up.
  • What the hell is all of this talk about people coming in on Thursday having nothing to do? Get your asses to your nearest hotel lobby and board game it up.
    Duh and/or hello!?

Other than going to Trader Joe's on Thursday, this will more than likely be the plan for myself, Jeremy, and possibly others.
  • Aside from a hearty lunch, that's mostly my plan. ;^)
  • There is an open event in the Westin for all your pre-pax table-top needs on Thursday night.

I would actually not want to suggest the bar crawl at this point, because if we really did tell all of our friends they could show up, and they did, it would probably create some problems. We're already packing an extra 100 people in each bar at any given time.

I'm not saying it would be a problem, just that it could be a problem.
  • There is an open event in the Westin for all your pre-pax table-top needs on Thursday night.
    !!

I get in at 4:30, and am staying at the Westin. I'll definitely be there.
  • The Westin lobby I recall has a reasonably priced (for a hotel bar) bar.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm not going to be of attendance this year, but I am going to try my damndest to go to PAX Prime. Since Passes are all sold out, I guess I'm gonna have to go second-hand on that one. We'll see.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Wait, are you seriously telling me to game at a gaming convention? What has the world come to?!
  • I should be getting in around 6 - 8ish at the westin, will want dinner/swimming/drinking/partying.
  • edited April 2012
    The Westin lobby I recall has a reasonably priced (for a hotel bar) bar.
    Is that the bar/restaurant/burger place? It seemed pretty decent last year.

EDIT: Or do you mean the actual little bar in the lobby?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Also: Is it too early to start packing?