This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• edited April 2012
    There is also a bar area in the lobby. I think Rym was referring to that one. They were pricey to me, but not robbery.

We're taking the red eye on Wednesday night. We will be in Boston in the morning. We lucked out on the Westin letting us checking in way early. Let's hope for the same this year.

@Squadron: Nope. I'm already planning on doing that today. Along with game packing.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Sweet, I'm gonna start packing the board games tonight. Gotta figure out what I'm bringing, since there have been a couple of new additions.
  • edited April 2012
    Why go to gaming store? I am going to have F#$% all to do on Thursday and this is a time waster. As for the places I was told:
    I could point you to a pretty good pickup game of ultimate Frisbee on Thursday to kill some time if you are so inclined.
    I like this idea, point away.
    As do I. Do the same.

The game starts a little after 7 on Donnelly field in Cambridge, it is close to the Lechmere T station. If you do decide to come just let me know and Ill make sure you are counted for the rsvp.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1000&bih=657&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=donnelly+field+cambridge+ma&fb=1&gl=us&hq=donnelly+field+cambridge+ma&hnear=donnelly+field+cambridge+ma&cid=0,0,18017257805658362373&ei=chZ6T6CXGcLs0gH-87CZDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAgQ_BI
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • I am actually surprised that anyone that is here and going to PAX didn't already know about this thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/154272/east-pre-pax-east-2012-gaming-night-thursday-april-5-2012-westin-waterfront-hotel/p1

I will not be there, due to going to the barcrawl (which I believe my friend I'm going with was really anticipating).
  • Does the "black tie gaming" event have a specific time and location for a meet up? Or were you all going to rely on the groups app for that?

Because I'm still interested, and willing to prepare for it, but I'm also willing to just leave the suit at home and do whatever comes to mind at that time just to save space.
  • You Thursday people could go to a tasting at the Harpoon Brewery, or go to the Sam Adam's Brewery. I've done both. I'd suggest Harpoon over Sam Adam's.

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com

Did anyone check out a mexican place called Papagayo last year? It's kind of close to the con and looks decently priced.

http://www.papagayoboston.com/menu.html
  • Y'all should hit up the Sunday brunch at the Whiskey Priest again.
  • I plan on hitting up the Whiskey Priest at least once over the weekend, if not twice.
  • edited April 2012
    Papagayo is fantastic, but it will be crowded. I used to work at the BCEC and went there often. Fresh Guacamole dip is suggested if they have it.
    (Call and try to make a reservation)
    Post edited by nerdmancer on
  • I'm not going to be of attendance this year, but I am going to try my damndest to go to PAX Prime. Since Passes are all sold out, I guess I'm gonna have to go second-hand on that one. We'll see.
    I know someone who has a pass and a room they need filled, want me to send them your way?
  • Does the "black tie gaming" event have a specific time and location for a meet up? Or were you all going to rely on the groups app for that?

Because I'm still interested, and willing to prepare for it, but I'm also willing to just leave the suit at home and do whatever comes to mind at that time just to save space.
    No specific meetup time, but I think Saturday is a good day for it since people will be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday.
  • I plan on hitting up the Whiskey Priest at least once over the weekend, if not twice.
    We should maybe think about hanging out there Thursday before it gets mobbed.
  • Shit...now I got three things in the evening and nothing in the afternoon.

-Board Game at Weston
    -Indie Game showcase at secret spot
    -Ultimate Frisbee

WHY MUST YOU ALL BE AT THE SAME TIME!
  • Dude, there will be people in the lobby in the afternoon. Jump into a game. You'll be fine.

We'll be coming in on Friday morning, leaving at the asscrack of Oh God thirty. So I guess we'll figure out what to do then. It's a good bet I'll be spending most of PAX in open board gaming.
  • I know someone who has a pass and a room they need filled, want me to send them your way?
    Sure! Which hotel is this?

• edited April 2012
    I know someone who has a pass and a room they need filled, want me to send them your way?
    Sure! Which hotel is this?

Check your messages soon will send info.

Info sent, email him ASAP and you will be in.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • FYI, Westin has HBO. Sunday night. Episode 2. Oh yes.
  • I'll be driving home while winter is coming :-(
  • OH FUCK YES
  • No luck on the Hotel/Pass for PAX Prime 2012. Oh well. Is ther 2012 website even working? It seems to keep bugging out for me, though they probably don't have it completely set up yet.
  • Already packing. I got a long con weekend with AB as well.

Mind adding me to that Groupme thingy. I finally got it.
  • Dude they don't even go on sale for a few months yet. They will update that shit when East is over.
  • I was more worried about space than I needed to be. I still seem to have plenty. Now encoding a bunch of video to PSP format for emergency entertainment. The fever is strong.
  • Dude they don't even go on sale for a few months yet. They will update that shit when East is over.
    Oh GOOD. Jesus Christ, I've attended at least one PAX each year for the past 4 years, and I completely forgot about that. For some reason, I thought that they updated the new PAX Prime site a month or so after it ends.

That is incredibly good news!
  • The excitement levels up in here are to the point where something in my room might get punched, it's starting to become a problem.

Also for people who are attending the first Q and A, we need to make sure the knuckle crack happens this time. We let it slip last year and I endeavor to make sure that shit doesn't happen again.
  • If anyone going to PAX has the time, can I ask any of you to do me a solid and grab a set of Dungeon Defenders PAX codes, from the Reverb Publishing booth, 808?
  • If anyone going to PAX has the time, can I ask any of you to do me a solid and grab a set of Dungeon Defenders PAX codes, from the Reverb Publishing booth, 808?
    I'll be doing that myself at some point so I'll try to remember to do so while I'm there.
  • Looks like there is going to be an art exhibit outside of PAX on Saturday, use TBGETPAX to RSVP. There is a Wacom giveaway so might not be all that bad.
  • edited April 2012
    As much as I understand the pub crawls and the pre and post PAX events, why have an event during PAX that's not at PAX?

I know at Prime the Halo people had their own special exclusive thing, but it was in the annex which was still attached to the convention center. Do a lot of people go to these sorts of things?
    Post edited by Rochelle on