This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I'm probably scrapping my suits plan for one suit that I'll wear with everyone else Saturday. If I want to wear all suits I'd need a garment bag, and those are a pain to travel with.
  • If anyone is still interested in that ultimate frisbee game let me know and I will put you on the rsvp, otherwise show up at Wyvern to watch doing everything I can to not be trampled again
  • Has anyone checked out any of the restaurants on W Broadway in South Boston? Some of them look pretty good.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/4/337/Boston/South-Boston-restaurants
  • I created a Flickr Set

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyPT3n5

If I take any picture with my Eye-Fi SD card it should be automatically uploaded to that Flickr set once my camera finds some wifi. I just tested it, obviously, and it works.
  • Leaving tomorrow morning and arriving at the Westin 'round noon or one-ish. I'm so excited, I can barely write a page of screenplay (which is an incredibly rare occurrence) or hold a single thought in my head.
  • Picked up this sleeping set at Target on clearance. Very apropos for the red eye tonight if I do say so myself.

• Dare I try the Silver line this year?
  • Isn't that just the transit system that takes you pretty much right near the Westin? Cheap and fast.
  • Yeah, the Silver Line is just an extension of the subway system, only rather than a subway train, it's a bus that runs on a dedicated path.
  • Yeah, first year we took a shuttle to the Hynes, last year we took the Silver line and saved a lot of money. Totally worth it. You take the trade center stop and just walk like 5 minutes across the bridge to the Westin.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • edited April 2012
    Figured I would post this in case anyone is interested. *Open Bar*
    I just signed up on curse.com for free. Figured I would send along the info I got back.

Looks like you can sign up up until the party starts, then it's 1st come 1st serve. I have no idea if it will be enjoyable or not, but It's close enough to check out.

Post edited by nerdmancer on
  • 8pm to 2AM is not an after party. It's a during party. An After party would be 2am - ?
  • 8pm to 2AM is not an after party. It's a during party. An After party would be 2am - ?
  • except bars close at 2 am :-p
  • except bars close at 2 am :-p
    Not if the Sox are playing night games on the West Coast, which they are not.
  • Yeah, its a REALLY good thing that the Sox are playing an away game tomorrow, otherwise trying to get into the city on Thursday would be a nightmare.
  • For pax prime I want to do something fun attire-wise. I was thinking a white shirt and having people color on it might be cool.
  • For pax prime I want to do something fun attire-wise. I was thinking a white shirt and having people color on it might be cool.
    Where a white canvas jumpsuit.
  • BOSTON, I AM IN YOU!
  • BOSTON, I AM IN YOU!
    Jesus you're here early. I only woke up half an hour ago.
  • 8PM is an after party for suckers that think PAX is over after the expo hall closes.
  • BOSTON, I AM IN YOU!
    When do you start work? I'm up at 6:30 every morning (7 on weekends).
  • I normally get up at like 8:30. I got up at 5 so I could bugger off early and fly to PAX. I am not a happy worker bee right now.
  • Well Nate, there were a very good number of PAXers, Enfoecers, and even the head of Table Top that was on the same flight.

You say early, I say right on time.
  • Well Nate, there were a very good number of PAXers, Enfoecers, and even the head of Table Top that was on the same flight.

You say early, I say right on time.
    I don't mean early as opposed to late, I mean early as in it's really early in the day.
    BOSTON, I AM IN YOU!
    When do you start work? I'm up at 6:30 every morning (7 on weekends).
    I work retail right now. So, the earliest I have to be up for is to leave at 7 to get to work at 9. Normally waking up to leave at 8 or 9 to get there at 10 or 11.
  • On the bus. PAX, you have four hours before I enter you!
  • On the bus. PAX, you have four hours before I enter you!
    Same situation, different bus. What percentage of people on your bus are PAXites? Everyone on mine is either PAX or Anime Boston.
  • I wonder how many people on my plane are pax.