This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• For pax prime I want to do something fun attire-wise. I was thinking a white shirt and having people color on it might be cool.
    Where a white canvas jumpsuit.
    I like this idea. This might get really hot though.
  • I wonder how many people on my plane are pax.
    Ask. Shout it out! I bet you can get "Anybody on this plane going to PAX?" out before someone can shut you up.

• On the bus. PAX, you have four hours before I enter you!
    Same situation, different bus. What percentage of people on your bus are PAXites? Everyone on mine is either PAX or Anime Boston.
    Only a quarter to a third - I'm taking Greyhound, so I get more normal people.
  • On the bus. PAX, you have four hours before I enter you!
    Same situation, different bus. What percentage of people on your bus are PAXites? Everyone on mine is either PAX or Anime Boston.
    Only a quarter to a third - I'm taking Greyhound, so I get more normal people.
    Are the normies giving you weird looks? :P
  • edited April 2012
    Nope. I wound up sitting next to a college senior who's not going to PAX, although she did give me a weird look over the quantity of MLP on my computer.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Nope. I wound up sitting next to a college senior who's not going to pass, although she did give me a weird look over the quantity of MLP on my computer.
    Was she concerned you hadn't brought enough, perhaps? Hard to imagine any other concerns.
  • edited April 2012
    I am on the lobby of the Westin right now. My host is an Enforcer so he let me see inside the convention center. I was in awe.

If anyone is in or near the Westin or the center give me a shout, we can hang out or whatever! I'm the guy with the red plaid jacket and blond ponytail.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Also just saw a dude in a kilt :D
  • edited April 2012
    Oh god. Only one more hour until I'm done with this supremely uncomfortable bus seat!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Lucky. My bus got delayed an hour by traffic, I won't be getting in till 5.
  • Also just saw a dude in a kilt :D
    I'm guessing this is your 1st PAX.
    If this is the case, I suggest you go out of your way to change every one of your stories from 'saw' to 'I met and chatted with'. (I met a guy in a kilt > saw a guy in a kilt.)
    Go meet peoples! We are friendly.
  • It is my first PAX, but I have come prepared with a kilt of my own.
  • edited April 2012
    Playing cards against humanity with some forumites!
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Feels so weird to have packed it up at 9PM today, but such is life with a baby strapped to your chest. She's a good kid, but gotta respect the bedtime if you expect her to stay that way.

The wife rolls in tomorrow evening to take over baby duty and then I am getting my board game on like nobody's business. Still was able to get a few games in today, so I am grateful for every PAX minute.
  • Heading in for day 1 in a kilt and a helmet. This is what dreams are made of.
  • Well I just learned that you shouldn't sit in the seat right in front of the bathroom on the Bolt bus...
  • Well I just learned that you shouldn't sit in the seat right in front of the bathroom on the Bolt bus...
    This lesson should be applied generically as well, to non-Bolt buses.
  • Literally never taken a bus trip before, if only I had known....
  • I need to stop reading this thread. I'm getting jealous.
  • edited April 2012
    Ran into Scott Rym Emily in the keynote line. I believe I saw a number of you at Test kitchen. Hoping to find some frc people to game with later. Tell me where you all are gaming and I'll be on the lookout.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • In the boardgame panel now.
  • I met up with everyone, but lost them :(
  • Most of the FRCF didn't show up for Khoo & A. Spoilers: it was awesome.
  • I saw the Protomen instead. It was a difficult choice.
  • I went to the concert for the Minibosses then got in line for the Khoo & A. No regrets!
  • I mostly went because my sister wouldn't forgive me if I missed them. We're both big fans.
  • Keep up the details, guys! I'm living vicariously through your posts!
  • So, I'm trying to organize a Freemarket game, but Jared Sorensen lost his voice, so he can't GM. Anyone know of someone who can run it, sometime today or tomorrow morning?
  • Ooooh, I want in on that when it happens!
  • Jamspace is still being filmed with trusted hands, so once I get back lots of musics to upload!