This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I managed to assassinate someone while wearing a knitted fluttershy mohawk hat. That was my greatest victory.
  • Looks like Penny Arcade pulled a prank on Paul Christoforo. Gabe says he'll post a post explaining the whole thing this week, but you can see what happened on Gabe's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/cwgabriel
    I saw this on Twitter, but I didn't understand the joke at all.
    It took me a few minutes, too.
  • Looks like Penny Arcade pulled a prank on Paul Christoforo. Gabe says he'll post a post explaining the whole thing this week, but you can see what happened on Gabe's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/cwgabriel
    I saw this on Twitter, but I didn't understand the joke at all.
    Like you don't understand what happened, or you don't get why it was funny?
  • I get neither.
  • I get neither.
    1) Gabe and Co. send the Ocean Marketting guy (who's banned from PAX for all those "I'm going to kill you, Gabe" messages) some pictures they took at PAX, while pretending to be an anonymous source.

2) Ocean Marketting douchbag posts pictures, pretending to have gone to East

3) Gabe and Co. reveil that they were the ones who took pictures, and prove it.

4) Hilarity ensues.
  • Ahhh. I am home and in my jammies. Got some Taco Bell and going to cuddle with the kitties and watch Game of Thrones.

So happy I made sure to have tomorrow off. :D
  • We played Fiasco. We recorded it.
  • I will say the highlight of the con this year was coming in the top 8 for the Pac-Man CE DX tournament.
  • NeoNeo
    edited April 2012
    I watched some of the live streams on twitch.tv (which was awesome to at least be able to catch just a tiny bit of PAX remotely), but I never caught the payoff to the whole Aperture POTATO safety device things they made Mike & Jerry wear during all of PAX. Can someone explain?
    Post edited by Neo on
  • The potato was necessary to be sure they would be safe. A safety potato if you will. Mike and Jerry did initially attempt to lose their potato, but thanks to the hard-working scientists at Aperture, we were able to replace the potato within a few moments each time.
  • They described it as "The most elaborate prank those guys have ever pulled" when I talked to them on Sunday.
  • I managed to assassinate someone while wearing a knitted fluttershy mohawk hat.
    Greatest sentence ever?

• I wanted to see what that group would have done if the potato inside had been partially eaten.
  • I will upload the video of Tycho reading "I Want My Hat Back" tonight!
  • edited April 2012
    I will upload the video of Tycho reading "I Want My Hat Back" tonight!
    Someone else already did, crappily. They didn't even get the title right.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • Did you also get the keynote Q&A? There were some pretty great Death Bounce jokes in there.
  • I keep trying to type my thoughts up on PAX but there's just too much ground to cover. It was awesome, as PAX always is. Of course, it always leaves you with this lingering feeling that you only saw a slice of what happened there that weekend, yet you still feel like a tornado of fun has ripped through your body. I have no regrets.

Now to start plotting a 3rd trip to PAX Prime. How can I pull this off...
  • Why everyone is so excited about that game I do not understand.
  • Why everyone is so excited about that game I do not understand.
    It's a historical curiosity even though it's probably a shit game.
  • For the same reason that people demanded Duke Nukem Forever. It's a thing that they couldn't get. A shiny red button.
  • edited April 2012
    It was pretty fun meeting everybody at PAX. I know I talked quite a bit with High Definition/Dan since we talked a ton at Prime in 2010. I also believe I've double-met Emily, Ro, and Scott to lesser extents. Sadly I didn't really spend a lot of time with most of you, trying to do all the things and talk with all the peoples. I appreciated generally being welcome with the group despite my not being a known-known around here so-much.

I'll probably see a bunch of you at Prime. Hopefully by then I can be up-to-speed on all the board games. My focus was too split this year, and I had a friend to show all the things to. I think I'm going to make it a point to get proficient in a bunch of the popular things so I can throw down as necessary.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I just remembered the 18 person game of mafia. That was nuts.
  • Got to sign the NS2 booth, which they are now going to display in their office. Woohoo!
  • I just remembered the 18 person game of mafia. That was nuts.
    Aww yeah.
  • Phil's idea seemed so good, but it the mafia won convincingly each time.
  • That plan always seems like a good idea until we randomly kill the detective. Or until the Sheriff doesn't do his/her job and the mafia kills the detective. We'd do better drawing straws to figure out who to lynch than picking with "strategy."
  • That plan always seemed like a good idea until ya'll had to lynch the first person totally at random. :P
  • edited April 2012
    The suit thing worked out for me even without a meetup. I wore it to Khoo and A and all day Saturday which actually played well into pretty-much everything I did that day incidently. I felt a bit disingenuous about it at first, but it was definitely an interesting experiment.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on