This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• I plan on going to Expo Hall on Friday, Lyddi. I want to check out the Nintendo booth to see if there is any Animal Crossing stuff.

Same as last year!
  • Good news, Ro. Nintendo had a big booth at SXSW last week, and there were Animal Crossing demos, so I imagine it will be at PAX as well. Have fun pulling weeds in the expo hall!
  • ٩( ╹▿╹ )۶ YAY!
  • Found out I have an unused travel voucher from work and upgraded to a business class train instead of Bolt bus, so I will be in Boston earlier than expected. This should be fun.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    I'll be traveling via Amtrak on Thursday and will most likely get into Boston around noon-ish or thereabouts. Anyone who wants to meet me around then can find me at the Westin in the lobby.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I expect pictures and video so I can live vicariously through others. Alternatively, Lyddi can carry my badge around and pretend it's me.
  • I might possibly be trading my Sunday shift for the Saturday pony shift. That means no late Saturday gaming, but also no Enforcing on Sunday and keeping the streak alive.
  • I expect pictures and video so I can live vicariously through others. Alternatively, Lyddi can carry my badge around and pretend it's me.
    Uh, I was planning on selling you for spending moneys :P
  • T_T
    You shall soon stew in a pot of your own making.
  • Ph.D >> PAXE 2013
  • Ph.D >> PAXE 2013
    PAX * > ALL
  • Sounds like you have yet to converge to an optimal policy for making life choices.
  • He's been to every PAX* since 2008, so I think he has.
  • edited March 2013
    So guys, I haven't received my badge yet. Are they still letting people pick up badges at the convention itself?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • You should Tweet @Official_PAX or send an email.
  • Ph.D >> PAXE 2013
    PAX * > ALL
    Preparing for a future of having the funds to go to more future PAX > missing one PAX

:-P
  • Does anyone know if standard rooms at the Westin have refrigerators?
  • No, but awesome double shower heads.
  • Do we get a fridge? Need to keep that Red Bull cold. <_<
  • edited March 2013
    I'm going to say no. I'm just going to bring 5 hour energy and also hope they have a booth again to get freebies.

LIES! ALL LIES!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • That stuff's nasty x_x I got a bunch for free and was proud of myself for being sneaky, but couldn't even finish one. Anyway, bucket of ice ftw!
  • BELAY MY LAST!

I just called. All rooms have refrigerators. GAME CHANGER!
  • I'm not getting in till Thursday night. I'm kinda stressing about not having a room that night and enforcing in the morning. If I can get my gear I think I'll be fine.
  • BELAY MY LAST!

Yay! I think I'll be hitting up hmart now for delicious mochi cakes and snacky things to bring >_>

• BELAY MY LAST!

The Westin? I just called them too, because I worry too much and wanted to be sure they weren't talking about mini-bars, and the woman I spoke to said a limited number of refrigerators are available on request (no guarantee).

• You can always ask them to empty out the mini-bar.
  • edited March 2013
    Sorry @JTVH. I meant the Renaissance. That's where I'm staying at.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Sorry @JTVH. I meant the Renaissance. That's where I'm staying at.
    No problem. I'll just sneak over and use your fridge.
  • Does anyone know if standard rooms at the Westin have refrigerators?
    Place hand towel in bottom of sink, fill with ice, you now have a fridge! Now go brush your teeth in the toliete like a man