This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Planetside 2

Comments

• I always play through Steam, as Squadron in-game.
  • edited November 2012
    Which is mostly a lot of nerdtastic stuff about the game and how to die quite quickly.
    I've already got the latter bit mastered. There isn't anybody who can die faster than me.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Which is mostly a lot of nerdtastic stuff about the game and how to die quite quickly.
    I've already got the latter bit mastered. There isn't anybody who can die faster than me.
    IS THAT A CHALLENGE?
  • Which is mostly a lot of nerdtastic stuff about the game and how to die quite quickly.
    IS THAT A CHALLENGE?
    A frustrating, horrible challenge that turns the game from enjoyable to a joyless combination of grind and walking simulator, as you end up walking everywhere after the first five minutes, waiting for vehicle cooldown timers to pass, leaving you lots of time to contemplate both the environment and suicide.

• I've started playing. Threw my lot in with the purple transhumanist folks.

I like to imagine that the whole character persistence thing is due to mind uploading or remote bodies on their part.
  • If you need help and I am on, just ask. I'm RelentlessSG.
  • Just so you guys know, if you ever see BuzzcutPsycho in-game (TR, leader of The Enclave) please kill him repeatedly. I'm thinking about rolling a TR character just to TK him over and over.

Need a reason? He's an awful human being who deserves to be picked on:

Here
  • I would really love it if every single player put aside their differences to just sit on the spawn and kill him forever.
  • I would really love it if every single player put aside their differences to just sit on the spawn and kill him forever.
    No, everyone should just log out and play on another server. Allow him to be forever alone.

Then someone should shit in his mailbox.
  • Has anyone reposted him? I googled the guy and everyone is just hooting about how amazing his stream is. The dude seems like a shit is there anyway pressure can brought?
  • edited December 2012
    I get an indestructible grin on my face every time another makeshift convoy begins it's trek to the next conquest. I'm in love with this game.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • The high points in this game are pretty high when they happen.
  • Tip for anyone having fps issues.

Go into Planetside2 folder look for UserOptions.ini and change your render distance. Default is set to 99999.

Also Terran is getting destroyed on east 2 right now. We were pushed back to the home base when I left.
  • If you want to hurt Buzz and the Enclave, follow Sturmgrenadier around. We routinely murder his outfit. Eighteen of us held a base adjacent to the TR warp gate for half an hour against the entirety of the Enclave's talentless zergfest before they finally overran the base with sheer numbers.

He also has at least one member of his outfit go medic and follow him around at all times. He's sort of an infamous troll and general douche bag who has been around since PS1. I honestly don't understand the popularity of him or his outfit.
  • Seen similar groups pop up on other games. They just attract assholes for the most part or new people join them because they hear about them. You could easily describe them as a clique.
  • A clique, eh? Sounds like soldiers who need leaders. I feel some Khellus coming on.
  • For better performance:
    Here's a quote from the SA thread of a set of tweaks you can put into your useroptions.ini file (the one that stores your settings, obviously), that have given people the best graphics they can while still getting the most processing power from their actual GPU. You'll find the useroptions.ini file in C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2, if you let the game install to the default directory
    [Rendering]
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=2
    LightingQuality=4
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=1
    RenderDistance=15000
    Gamma=0.490000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VerticalFOV=74
  • I'll give it a shot sometime this week and let you know the results.
  • The Warden battle rifle is totally worth it if you are looking for a mid-long range Garand-like rifle. If you unlock it, you get it on the Engineer and HA. I've also been told that the GD-22 is pretty awesome up close.

That being said,.reports are that the TR and VS weapons are way, way better than the NC. They really need to bring down the COF bloom on the NC weapons to bring them in line with the other factions, or conversely raise it for the others.
  • So, You're telling me that if I shift faction, my weapons will actually be worth a damn? Well, that'd be nice.
  • yea, I found playing a sniper on the NC I sucked, played a sniper on a different faction killed like 10 people in a row.
  • The suppressor actually ended up being a rather significant upgrade for me.
  • Yep. NC weapons have BF3-like recoil while TR and VS have CODBLOPS2 recoil. So, BB guns.
  • Yep. NC weapons have BF3-like recoil while TR and VS have CODBLOPS2 recoil. So, BB guns.
    I disagree. If we mapped out the recoil at 100 yards onto a six inch circle, even the widest spread would fit inside the circle. NC weapons would be more accurately mapped by having a circle with one dot displayed on your screen, and then a second dot on mine, thousands of miles away.

I'm not even joking, you can unload 50 rounds from, say, an LMG at someone from ten feet, and roughly half of them will miss completely.
  • See, this is why I play the weird purple transhumanists. Yeah, they have super awful generic art design, but I can put six rounds into the head of any libertarian or facist that falls into my sights with ease.
  • I don't think you disagree, Churbs. The NC weapons do have bad recoil, but are also as inaccurate as Jack's political views.
  • Other than the game basically stopping pushing frames all of a sudden at times, last night I felt physically faster (as light assault), my jetpack worked better, and my guns had better accuracy. No idea what caused that. It actually took me a little time to adjust.
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think you disagree, Churbs. The NC weapons do have bad recoil, but are also as inaccurate as Jack's political views.
    They're the Ron Paul supporters of weapons. Noisy, flashy, but most of that noise is accompanied by wild inaccuracy and they don't achieve much beyond being an annoyance.
    Other than the game basically stopping pushing frames all of a sudden at times, last night I felt physically faster (as light assault), my jetpack worked better, and my guns had better accuracy. No idea what caused that. It actually took me a little time to adjust.
    I play very little light assault. My greatest strengths in the beta, before there were Australian servers so that I'd get a managable ping, were basically thus - Stealth(as in, sneak in though an active battle about 500 meters away, and sabotage their whole support base without being seen before dropping a squad beacon and creating a pincer out of thin air), and basically being able to lay down just buckets and buckets of fire that other classes couldn't match. So, naturally, I mostly played Infiltrator and Heavy Assault, with a dash of MAX when things got hot, or Engineer right after bases were taken.
    Post edited by Churba on