This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Planetside 2

Comments

• The warp gates were rotated during the last patch, so every faction has a new starting point. This as proven devastating to the Terrans and Vanu on Matherson, as the New Conglomerate had a the continent lock yesterday.
    Same on Briggs - NC was more successful than I've practically ever seen them.

• I think it's terrain on Indar. The north has a lot of flat, open space that's perfect for mag riders, and allows for rapid movement. The south east has lots of choke points and tougher terrain to get through. There is also the possibility that there are empire-jumpers who switched once that patch went through because they like fighting from the north.
  • edited February 2013
    Most likely. Though, I did note that after the switch, the continents were divided almost evenly - NC holding Indar, Vanu holding Amerish, and TR holding Esamir. Which is a reversal of the previous holds - it used to be NC on Amerish, Vanu on Esa, and TR on Indar. And, interestingly, the NC are now in the base that Terrans used to occupy on Indar - and previously, you'd most often see TR with a serious lock on the continent, but the vanu would push them back with some frequency - neither of which occur now, though Vanu taking up swathes of territory if they manage to get far enough north isn't uncommon. So I'd say it's not just on Indar that you're right about the terrain.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Also - the official Planetside 2 guides are pretty ass. The only thing I learned from, for example, the flying tutorial is that the Tank abilities are on different keys, that you can press T in a vehicle for 3rd person view, bind your pitch keys to keys rather than mouselook(which is outdated, since those keys are now A)bound by default, and B)you can just use a joystick now, which was a nightmare in the beta), and a maneuver that Vanu fighters can do, but nobody else can.
  • yea they are working on tutorials..
  • Once they implement the VR training rooms, things will be easier.
  • I started playing this game yesterday and I have to say that I am hooked.
  • Hopefully you picked the great server and the great side, Mattherson and NC otherwise you are a piker :-p
  • Ignore him, and come join me for some Traditional Victory on TR.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013
    Hopefully you picked the great server and the great side, Mattherson and NC otherwise you are a piker :-p
    I am in Matherson. However, I am on the side of VS. Does that make me a half-piker?

Ignore him, and come join me for some Traditional Victory on TR.
    What server?

Post edited by Geo on
  • Hopefully you picked the great server and the great side, Mattherson and NC otherwise you are a piker :-p
    I am in Matherson. However, I am on the side of VS. Does that make me a half-piker?
    Makes you into filthy space-hippy scum, with your patcholi scented tanks and your aircraft make out of rolling papers.
    Makes you into filthy space-hippy scum, with your patcholi scented tanks and your aircraft make out of rolling papers.
    But they look so pretty...

• edited February 2013
    If you are on Matherson and you aren't on NC...you're wrong.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited February 2013
    Just means you like being slaves to your alien tech and don't love Freeeeeedooooom.

//It's fun playing the space libertarians.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Just means you like being slaves to your alien tech and don't love Freeeeeedooooom.

Despite the lag, I'm tempted to start a toon on Matheson, just so I can join the shenannigans occasionally.
  • New stuff incoming including a new base type, new tools for the engineer like an anti vehicle deployable turret, and empire specific launchers among other things.
    Scott is already in my- err, the game's thrall. Why aren't you?
  • There already is an AV turret, it just costs 1000 certs to get it.......
  • I'll be with you guys when my connection catches up with this next few gigabytes.
  • Big server merge coming up, so I'd expect to see bigger battles more frequently, as well as fights moving onto the other continents. Things keep getting better!
  • I've got an NC character on Matherson now, name's BaconFlavoredDogBiscuits.
  • I've got an NC character on Matherson now, name's BaconFlavoredDogBiscuits.
    I hear that he's a real slick operator, high speed low drag, Tier 1 all they way. Stuff of legends.

• Big server merge coming up
    Translation, we're losing players rapidly?
  • More like 'we overestimated the number we'd need' from what I can tell. This happened in the original after a few months too, mostly because people rarely fought on certain continents. It forced larger and more frequent fights.
  • Yea I've been reading about that and it's not even the fact that there was an overestimate, it's that they didn't realize how players who gravitate to the high population servers making them more crowded and avoid the low pop servers. So they have some really popular servers and some barren waste lands.. and since the game is generally all about fighting other people.....
  • edited March 2013
    Lots of new stuff coming this month including VR training rooms, new guns, a new continent, empire-specific rocket launchers, rumble seats for ATVs, and even more!
    The server merge has also made for some really amazing fights!

Last night, Sturmgrenadier was working with several other outfits including 7th Cav, TAS, GOON, CML, and TG on Esamir. We dealt the VS a series of crushing defeats in some really intense fighting, and in an hour I racked up about two hundred cert points.

SG is also starting to run recruitment squads, usually one per platoon. If you want to get in a great squad/platoon, look for the SG tags. I've also been asked by SG to squad lead the recruitment squad on occasion since I'm good at it, apparently. So look for me too.
  • Adam keeps playing when I'm not on!
  • More like 'we overestimated the number we'd need' from what I can tell.
    In that case, awesome. Though if you'd look at it pessimistically it means they didn't succeed as much as they'd hoped. Then again, the other option could've been SimCity and no servers.
  • Actually the game has got better since the merge, people are actually fighting on all three continents instead of just one.
  • Actually the game has got better since the merge, people are actually fighting on all three continents instead of just one.
    This.

• edited March 2013
    Game update four coming soon! The new conglomerate is getting their signature launcher from PS1, the camera-guided Phoenix rocket. Fire and guide the rocket from the rocket's camera. It's good fun.

Also, rumble seats for the ATV's will allow a second player to use any of their weapons from the passenger seat. I smell rocket-biker gangs!