This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Planetside 2

123457»

Comments

• DOUBLE XP WEEKEND.
  • Is anyone else getting a really bad framerate after the last update? I have a pretty robust rig, and the game is just so choppy now.
  • Not really. But I've also dropped most of my settings to low. Have you updated your drivers recently?
  • GU4 is out, and there are more toys to play with, including the Phoenix camera guided rocket launcher. Apparently the new launchers for all empires are balanced, mostly, so naturally everyone is pissy that their weapons aren't the penultimate, but it's getting good reviews.
  • edited June 2013
    Man, they just announced that Planetside 2 is coming to the PS4, LOL hopefully they play on the same servers.. I need more crappy players to shoot.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/05/planetside-2-coming-to-ps4

Game is still super fun, I switched from running with infantry to crashing a lot in hoverjets and it's awesome. Especially working in groups, nothing like a 10 Reavers diving on a tank column, completely breaking up their advance.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Latest updates have been improving the game balance and functionality. Sturmgrenadier (the outfit I got Scott to join and the one I've been in for years) has also been increasing its numbers, and now that Enclave disbanded, fights have become far better.

If you haven't tried the game out yet, you really should.
  • Actually since that group left the TR are a joke and the VS has way too many people :-p
  • Actually since that group left the TR are a joke and the VS has way too many people :-p
    Black Widow Company usually brings a good fight on the TR side. The VS are still zergy because they now have the best weapons by a bit. Our Friday Night Ops with the other NC outfits is successful at hurting the VS big time.
  • edited June 2014
    Big news: New continent is being added in this week: Hossin. In addition, Outfit base captures are in, so now if your outfit is the big contributor to a base changing hands, or to its defense, it will show as 'belonging' to your outfit.

Also, Waterson is merging with Matherson, which should significantly increase the player base.

If you're been away for a bit and missed all the new content added, and the balance passes, and the fixing of the 64-bit client issue, you should fire up the game again and check it out.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Major, game-changing update:

They have added the ability to build bases!

• I logged on and realized all my configs are done... So I will have to spend some time getting myself configured the way I like again :-(