This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• I kinda miss the blue-ness of the forum, but the features of this new version make the forum arguably better.
  • I too miss the blue-ness, but at the same time I remember when we first switched to Vanilla 2 and thought it was too blue, so I guess I'll adjust.
  • If this is the default theme, I question their design choices.
  • I love the design of the new forum, the new blues are much more pleasing to the eye. Me gusta. I would also be down for tees- in fact, I'd buy 2 depending on whether or not it makes financial sense to do 2 different designs for you guys.
  • Make a "Rym" shirt and a "Scott" shirt. Put a public counter showing the sales of each one.
  • I just want a poster of Rym dressed as Zed from the film Zardoz.
  • Seems like there was some trouble migrating quote authors.
  • I would buy t-shirts and even be ok with in podcast adverts.
  • Is there a way to get rid of the logo at the bottom, or at least change it? I feel it's very out of place. with the tightness of the rest of the design.
  • Sorry. Once html is on a webpage, there's literally no way to hide it.
  • Are we going to get back the ability to edit titles and posts of our own again? I see the edit button on my stuff but I don't have permission.
  • edited October 2013
    Cremlian said:

Are we going to get back the ability to edit titles and posts of our own again? I see the edit button on my stuff but I don't have permission.

That's weird. I was able to edit yesterday. I haven't tried today.

EDIT - testing to see if I can still edit. If you see this, then yep!
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited October 2013

Sorry. Once html is on a webpage, there's literally no way to hide it.

Never heard of AdBlock?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited October 2013

Is there a way to get rid of the logo at the bottom, or at least change it? I feel it's very out of place. with the tightness of the rest of the design.

If you really care you can just right click on it and block it with the adblocker of your choice. It worked for me.
    Pegu said:

Sorry. Once html is on a webpage, there's literally no way to hide it.

Never heard of AdBlock?
    EDIT- Dammit, you beat me to it.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited October 2013
    Maybe I'm trying to edit old stuff? hmmm.

Ah yes, there is a 1 hour time limit. Is that important now to have?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Another annoying aspect of the forum is for some reason I want to click on the "new" post number and have it take me to the post.. but it doesn't. Just kinda annoying. You'd think they'd make that go to the forum post...
  • I miss being able to click anywhere on a line, not just the title, to open a thread.
  • I'd like a row of dancing dicks across the top of the page. It relaxes me.
  • edited October 2013
    Having the issue Steve mentioned somewhere about some random unread threads not showing up as unread.

Like so:
    Haven't clicked on the Kill la Kill thread yet.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Sail said:

Having the issue Steve mentioned somewhere about some random unread threads not showing up as unread.

Like so:
    Haven't clicked on the Kill la Kill thread yet.

Me too.
  • Yep, same here.
  • I think it has to do with:

1) if you've used the Mark All Unread feature
    2) If the thread has been posted in since the forum moved over.

It appears that the first post after both of those are true is not marking the thread unread.

That's just my random theory, though.
  • I've never used the mark all unread feature.
  • I've only used it when it was too close to some other button on the mobile version.
  • Instead of just giving the secret episodes out to people that pay enough, maybe you should give out a new clue each time a certain goal is reached.

That's actually kinda cute! If it were a scavenger hunt, I might bother to look for 'em.

Do you guys need merch art? There's a few artists on the forum who might donate arts. I volunteer if you want arts. You might have that well in hand though.

As for merch type... I can see myself buying a sticker, I guess...? As an international, I'm more likely to buy flat things that can be mailed cheaply. I'd buy a mug if I were in the US. I would not buy any kind of apparel both for shipping cost reasons and branded clothing is usually gross reasons. Maybe I would donate $5-10 for a neat postcard that someone doodled something on? I am a sucker for getting little things in the mail.
  • Scott Rubin's world famous "poop in a box".
  • Forum v1:
    Awesome search, awesome features, unobtrusive unlimited edits, well loved by community, free.

Forum v2:
    Broken search, broken extensions, 1 hour edit timer, comment textbox on every page, free.

Forum v3:
    Working search. Supposedly. I can still count the number of times I searched the forums on my hands. 1 hour edit timer, obtrusive red blob of text making posts needlessly taller, no more comment textbox on every page. Costs so much money that Scrym, havers of just shy of unlimited moneys, beg forumgoers for monetary contributions. Also crappy logo at bottom.

I veto this bullshit.
  • That logo is the shit, it's like they made it out of soft-serve ice cream.
  • Walker said:

That logo is the shit, it's like they made it out of soft-serve ice cream.

Really, you get the light blue coloured soft serve ice cream?
  • They make other kinds?