This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• My Little...Gargoyle?
    Bri-chan is one of my favourite people on DeviantArt, but I still don't freaking understand Gargoyles fans. I love the show, it's the insistence on making everything into a gargoyle that confuses me.
    Quite the same with how we pony fans like to turn everything into ponies really
  • I think you're talking about the Wonderbolts, thank you very much.
    Whoops. My bad.

• edited September 2011
  • Quite the same with how we pony fans like to turn everything into ponies really
    Somehow I never made that connection. I feel like ponies are much more adaptable, though. You can take a pony and almost perfectly encapsulate what whatever you are converting is about, making a gargoyle version gives it a very different feel.
  • I just noticed that we were introduced to the ponies in their ROY G BIV order, if you ignore Twilight, and count Pinkie as Red and Rarity as indigo/violet.
  • New Radio Free Equestria!

• I hope they do normal costumes like pirate and ghost. Also, Fluttershy is going to be so scared.
  • Didn't Lauren Faust admit that they wanted to call her Queen Celestia, but Disney's evil queen syndrome caused Hasbro to force them to call her princess? I thought that was old info...
  • Didn't Lauren Faust admit that they wanted to call her Queen Celestia, but Disney's evil queen syndrome caused Hasbro to force them to call her princess? I thought that was old info...
    I think they know. It's just that, I think part of the point of Gandalf Girthing is coming up with plausible explanations without the use of meta information. Or else, the entire conversation would be "Why is X?", "Because it's a fictional story! The end!"
  • Yeah because information presented in Return of Harmony contradicts what they were talking about in the first few episodes, including that Discord reigned over Equestria for a thousand years before the alicorn sisters came to power.
  • Does anyone know how I can add MLP to TED?
  • No. Not alicorns. Alicorn is what a Unicorn's horn is made out of. They're Winged Unicorns, Horned Pegasuses, or any applicable portmanteau.

And yes, I'm aware this is pedantic.
  • Rym and Scott's new favourite image?
  • Because it has no music, I will assume it is Mario Mix.
  • edited October 2011

edit: This just went on on ED and I had to link it here because it's exactly what I thought it would be.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • edited October 2011
    Oh man... Michael Bolton is one of VERY VERY few men I'd go gay for.

EDIT: Just found this. I Dawwww'd. Had to share.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Oh man... Michael Bolton is one of VERY VERY few men I'd go gay for.
  • edited October 2011

So guys I have a problem. I know it took me a while to get into the ponies. I only gave them a chance in June, but I quickly learned the lesson that Rainbow Dash is BEST PONY. However, recently I have been noticing another pony. One who is pretty awesome. Her name is Scootaloo. I am starting to think that she is also BEST PONY. Can there be two BEST PONIES?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • So guys I have a problem. I know it took me a while to get into the ponies. I only gave them a chance in June, but I quickly learned the lesson that Rainbow Dash is BEST PONY. However, recently I have been noticing another pony. One who is pretty awesome. Her name is Scootaloo. I am starting to think that she is also BEST PONY. Can there be two BEST PONIES?
    No. The problem is that you have been taking Fluttershy, the real best pony, for granted, because her awesome is often too subtle or too omnipresent to notice.
  • Can there be two BEST PONIES?
    Nope. Go with your first instinct.
  • No, most often, your instincts are what lead you astray.

In the end, you can only trust cuteness.

In the end, you can only trust cutenessRarity.
  • Is it odd to usually like the character you identify with most? Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh and Tamura from Lucky Star were both likeable because I recognised a lot of their character.

In the end, you can only trust cutenessRarity.
  • edited October 2011
    Is it odd to usually like the character you identify with most? Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh and Tamura from Lucky Star were both likeable because I recognised a lot of their character.
    Not at all. The reason I like Rarity best is she's the artist character, and I'm the artsy type. I also like Twilight a lot, because her "reading is better than friends" attitude was basically my childhood experience. So basically, unicorns forever.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Fluttershy and Twilight are my favorite ponies.
  • Fluttershy and Twilight are my favorite ponies.
  • Pinkie Pie
    Fluttershy
    Twilight Sparkle
    Rarity
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack

That's where I'm at right now. Sounds like we are due for an Applejack episode.
  • Pinkie PieRarity
    FluttershyRarity
    Twilight SparkleRarity
    Rarity
    Rainbow DashRarity
    ApplejackRarity
    We keep having this discussion and you people keep making these typos.