This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• 4chan has actually become the last reliably sane place to talk about queer issues.

Specifically /lgbt/. Of course you still can't say jack shit on /b/, /pol/, /y/ or /u/.
    I would say this holds true for everything except trans stuff. /cd/ is better for that, imo. It's slower, but has significantly less drama.

/cd/ isn't a board on 4chan proper (I think it used to be, but I'm not sure). It's only on spinoffs like 7chan and 420chan.
  • A friend of mine decided to go back to school and finish a math and CS degree...after a year and change of not being able to find work with a Mechanical Engineering degree. I am befuddled, to say the least.
  • Yeah... that's odd.
  • A friend of mine decided to go back to school and finish a math and CS degree...after a year and change of not being able to find work with a Mechanical Engineering degree. I am befuddled, to say the least.
  • edited September 2013
    You took to long. Now your candies gone. That's what happen. Buu Gow!
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I never got password salt but today I found out that the sentence "The salt is tied to the user." would have made it obvious.
  • Turns out I'm not that good at ten pin bowling.
    Yeah. I tried to help him figure out what was wrong, and we did succeed in that regard (in short, he couldn't pass an interview to save his life), but instead of trying to fix that, he's going to go and earn two more degrees...that he probably wont be able to get a job with thanks to the actual problem.
  • He could try going full academic. Not to say that's guaranteed to fix the problem, but two of the people I know with doctorates were literally "if you can't do, teach" situations.
  • I'll bring it up next time we talk, though I get the feeling he'll shoot it down.
  • edited September 2013
    The flames in this (remixed) State Farm commercial are the worst thing I've ever seen.

Edit: Actually this is.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I feel I'm not having nearly enough sex or taking nearly enough drugs. Since I've been doing neither.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2013/03/05/11-ways-to-grow-new-brain-cells-and-stimulate-neurogenesis/
  • edited September 2013
    I'm not having nearly enough sex
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You know what generation you're from when you dance hardest to Space Jam.
  • You know what generation you're from when you dance hardest to Space Jam.
    ... is the answer "every generation?"
  • I put an adv on craigslist looking for area gamers. Got a response from a young couple. By young I mean closer to my kid's age than mine.

Going to meet up this week in person. If all goes well they will be invited into the core group I game with.

Planning a game day for Oct 5. Muppet, you are in CT, want to join in?
  • I read that completely wrong the first time and thought that like some 14 year olds were like yeah lets play. Then I thought it was gonna get into oh shit dateline setup or you play a tabletop RPG and then continue to ream their characters until they cry.

In reality I guess none of that will be happening.
  • I put an adv on craigslist looking for area gamers. Got a response from a young couple. By young I mean closer to my kid's age than mine.

Going to meet up this week in person. If all goes well they will be invited into the core group I game with.

You should try Meetup or Contac. I joined on a whim, and I'm constantly getting invites for local board gaming. It may work for you as well.

You should try Meetup or Contac. I joined on a whim, and I'm constantly getting invites for local board gaming. It may work for you as well.

^ This however I will warn you you will meet many "That Guys" at those events. Avoid them and make new group with just the cool people.
  • edited September 2013
    I put an adv on craigslist looking for area gamers. Got a response from a young couple. By young I mean closer to my kid's age than mine.

What's the url for contac? When I google it I just get stuff for cold medicine.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Derp. It's actually part of Meetup.com. It's part of it.
  • I tried meet up but didn't find anything worthwhile in my area.
  • Started my new job as a night porter. I am currently the sole person in charge of a 5 star hotel. Strangly daunting and yet rather boring at the same time.
  • I don't mean to sound racist, but all colleges kinda look the same.
  • I fucking love it when people who were fans of my stuff on the internet discover me in some feminist space and send me an email all like "Oh my god I can't believe they've managed to indoctrinate you, I thought you were cool!" That's really viscerally satisfying for some reason.
  • A GIF to summarize Giant Bomb:

• It took reinstalling Windows but finally Google sends me to .com instead of .co.uk.