This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• I just found the best site to replace anytime I look at a schedule for any season of anime.

http://anichart.net/
  • I'm surprised they are doing Gun Gale Online. I felt like the novel wasn't as good as the second novel which wasn't as good as the first. And they basically cut the crap out of the first two to make the first anime.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And it was still absolute crap! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    "Space Dandy is a dandy guy in the space." might be my new favorite butchered english phrase.
    It is. Hard Rock Save the Space is also up there. Too few people have seen Legend of Black Heaven.
    I just found the best site to replace anytime I look at a schedule for any season of anime.

http://anichart.net/
    Fuck you. Stop hating on my insightful copy pastes from other sites. I'm being fucking comedy gold here ad howeverlongIcankeepfindingthesethings.
  • "Space Dandy is a dandy guy in the space." might be my new favorite butchered english phrase.
    It is. Hard Rock Save the Space is also up there. Too few people have seen Legend of Black Heaven.
    Legend of Black Heaven was the best, not just in terms of show quality, but also because it gave us a startlingly good AMV.

• Also, the Main chap looks like he could be Sweet JP's little cousin.
    I'm just going to pretend it's canon.
  • Hard Rock Save the Space is also up there. Too few people have seen Legend of Black Heaven.
    Legend of Black Heaven was the best, not just in terms of show quality, but also because it gave us a startlingly good AMV.Some truth laid down by that show - 500 Yen coins make good guitar picks, and they sound pretty great, too. Downside - they fuck up your strings like CRAZY. Better to just use a regular metal pick, I guess.

Kill la Kill is the latest anime directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi, and is the first TV anime being produced by Studio Trigger.

I am so ready for this.

• The style and character designs has a very Gainax feel to it. Which makes sense, seeing how Studio Trigger was founded by former employees of Gainax. This should be pretty awesome.
  • Her bikini/armor has eyes on them. I do not know how to feel about that.
    Besides that, it looks kind of epic.
  • Only one eye, Erwin; the other is covered by an eyepatch.

• Everyone keeps saying that Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, and Space Dandy are "saving anime." They will only save anime if shows and also movies continue to follow in their footsteps in the following seasons.
  • Well at least Attack on Titan looks like it's actually a success. We'll see how everything else does, most good things are complete financial failures.
  • Everyone keeps saying that Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, and Space Dandy are "saving anime." They will only save anime if shows and also movies continue to follow in their footsteps in the following seasons.
    There is only two people who I've heard say that. You and Rym.
  • edited October 2013
    The dread specter of moe will never be killed. A handful of a good animes is not enough to put the beast to rest.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
    There is only two people who I've heard say that. You and Rym.
    I believe it started when Daryl was livetweeting Watanabe's Otakon Q&A and at the reveal of Space Dandy he tweeted "Space Dandy will save anime," possibly with another clause in there.
  • What the hell is Space Dandy?
  • What the hell is Space Dandy?
    A dandy guy, in space.
  • edited October 2013
    What the hell is Space Dandy?
    A dandy guy, in the space.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • The dread specter of moe will never be killed. A handful of a good animes is not enough to put the beast to rest.
    I agree with you that the moe and harem anime genre won't be going away anytime soon. Maybe the balance between the comedy / epic anime and moe / harem would start to be balanced rather then being dominated by the latter.
  • Maybe the balance between the comedy / epic anime and moe / harem would start to be balanced rather then being dominated by the latter.
    Nah, it's fine as is. There's only so much stuff one man can follow at a time. And the saturation of terrible harem shows means idiots stay the fuck away from my Monogatari.
  • Space Dandy premieres tonight! I can't wait to see it!
  • Space Dandy was pretty good, I thought. Its humor certainly falls in line with mine, anyway.
  • There's a Mushishi special that just aired, and a second season coming this spring.
  • edited January 2014
    If you've ever wanted to ask a question (or take a small peek behind the veil) of the western Anime industry, the president of Right Stuf is doing an AMA on Reddit right now.

(Disclaimer: I'm the head mod over at /r/anime)
    Post edited by Neito on
  • A short 08th MS team OVA was recently released with a blu-ray set. It's awesome!
  • Awwww shit son. Maybe we'll actually see this thing in the summer season this time.

• Also, the new Ikuhara comes out in the fall, so all in all it's a good year for Sailor Moon fans.
  • Definitely real, I'm pretty sure I've read like 3/4s of those.
  • That chart is totally rad. I can't wait for the next season. Some even seem like interesting subversions.
  • I haven't watched anything since Kill la Kill ended. Someone, hit me with something on Crunchyroll that is good.