This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How did you find GeekNights?

Comments

• Someone on another forum I frequent (www.cheapassgamer.com) had a Geeknights signature. I don't know what possessed me to click the link, or what possessed me to actually pay any attention to it (Probably how nicely everything was laid out over the week, and the fact that I just started paying attention to podcasts), but since then, I haven't missed an episode.
  • I was pointed here by Movies You Should See.
  • I was pointed here by Movies You Should See.
    Ahh. They're still one of my favourite podcasts.
  • You can add me to the list of people who clicked the applegeeks link.
  • I heard about GeekNights through AWO, like a lot of people on here. In fact, the exact show was the one where AWO responded to Rym and Scott's response to AWO's view on conventions, etc. At the time I had no idea who they were, but I thought the whole thing was funny (especially Clarissa freaking out). I didn't start listening right away, but always remembered it; then, in a dry season for other podcasts I was listening to, I started checking out GeekNights.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2007
    I heard about GeekNights through AWO, like a lot of people on here.
    Our primary sources of listeners seem to be (in approximate order):
    1. Ananth (from AppleGeeks)
    2. random word of mouth
    3. the collective web of Us, Fast Karate, and aWo
    4. convention appearances
    5. former Anime Pulse listeners
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Hm, where do I fall when I still listen to AP?
  • edited November 2007
    Our primary sources of listeners seem to be....
    Hm, where do I fall when I still listen to AP?
    Secondary I think.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • edited November 2007
    You do realize that Rym slightly misused "primary" when he gave a list.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I'm another listener that was pointed towards you guys from the movies you should see forum, think it was jason.
  • I found out about GeekNights through my friend Kat(Katsoup).
  • I asked a friend what podcasts he listens to, since my job is crappy and I enjoy listening to podcasts over music to pass the time, I wanted more. I couldn't find many podcasts I liked. I had extralife radio, GFW Radio, 1UP Yours, EGM Live and Buzz out Loud. I wasn't too sure on GeekNights, but, with their huge archive of shows and their ordered and informative nature of running a podcast, I enjoyed it and have been going through the archives a lot, listening to multiple shows every weekday.

Whilst I don't always agree with Scott and Rym (and can sometimes strongly disagree), the fact that their show is on a specific subject each show and I can even learn a few things, I didn't see any reason to not listen.
  • I was searching around for some podcasts about D&D and trying to find ones with a emphasis on funny stories about play experiances, and after several horrible ones I somehow found GeekNights via this link. Soon after that I just came to the website to download directly.

It then quickly became my favorite podcast on the tubes, especially as the only real podcast I listened to before was canceled.
  • Anath's newspost from Applegeeks.
  • i was at the new york anime convention last december and my dad (who is head of the new rochelle library) told me about this rym and scotts event and thought maybe i would want to go to it. mind you I went to it on the saturday and i can't exactly remember what time it was, but i know it was the one when rym and scott were talking about the guy who wore mario and duck hunt cartridges as chain mail LMAO!! after listening to their live podcast i suddenly got into their podcast and the rest is history.

hey rym and scott you might remember me as the one who was wearing a karate gi trying to look as Ryu from street fighter except that my hair was just all wrong.
  • I borrowed my friend's ipod and stumbled on to this podcast since then I haven't missed a show. This was how I also found Dave and Joel.
  • Our primary sources of listeners seem to be (in approximate order):
    2. random word of mouth
    Yeah I found out about geeknights through Ananth. Sadly I haven't read Applegeeks for months.
  • Googled something, can't remember what.
  • edited January 2008
    Our primary sources of listeners seem to be (in approximate order):
    2. random word of mouth
    Yeah I found out about geeknights through Ananth. Sadly I haven't read Applegeeks for months.
    Mines the same, though I have been reading applegeeks... constantly.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited January 2008
    I found GeekNights by accident. I was storing something on my friends iPod, and I listened to one of the podcasts. and I really liked it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Anime Pulse (AP) was the first podcast I listened to, mostly because I was bored and wanted to find out about more good anime. I liked AP, and eventually they mentioned Anime World Order (AWO). At some point I decided to download AWO and give it a try. It was pretty good, so I continued listening. I was listening to an old episode of AWO where Rym and Scott left a voicemail. I looked up GeekNights, and I've been listening ever since.
  • edited January 2008
    Some site that I was perusing about podcasts is where I found this show, listened to it, and loved it. It reminded me of hanging out with my friends.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2008
    Apple geeks. I know this wasn't a crazy way to find out about your podcast but god damn Ananth couldn't of picked a better podcast to brag about.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • My friend (Lord Moonstone) introduced you guys to me as my first podcast.
    Now I'm spoiled and can't listen to much else; because of their lack of quality.
  • I found GeekNights thanks to Ananth's post over at Applegeeks. I first listened to the Horatio Hornblower episode, and was hooked.
  • I watch/read/listen to alot of stuff on the internet. Surprisingly, with all these streams of information, I ran into the podcast at the most recent NY Anime Fest, where I saw there was a panel with the Geek Nights podcast. I didn't actually attend the panel, but I downloaded the show when I got home.
  • I found Geek Nights though the Digg podcast section. I was checking out the people who liked the podcasts I liked, and they all seemed to like Geek Nights. I figured that it must be good. At the time I did not understand why they dugg the podcast 5 times. Once I started listening, it all made sense.
  • I first listened to geeknights when my friend gave me a CD with some fan-subs on it.The first episodes were the snow episode and the bayside shakedown episode and have been listening since then.
  • Mine seems oddly simple. I put "geek" in the search window on iTunes podcasts.... That's it.
  • I came across geeknights from a classmate of mine, George, coming to me and telling me that I have to listen to something. I took a listen and got hooked on the Mario Tennis episode.