This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Tomorrow is Skano de Mayo! So excite!
  • None of those concerts will ever be as awesome as Amon Amarth were.

Really, everyone needs to see those guys live at some point. You don't even need to like the music that much. The show will make you love the band.
  • I would've posted about Rammstein before last night, 'cept that it was literally a last-minute plan. College is awesome - Hear about Rammstein show in Toronto, decide work isn't worth it (even though it's the week before finals), buy tickets online and jump in the car (3 hour trip, not counting border patrol + traffic, show starts in 4 hours).

It was completely fucking worth it, holy shit.
  • It was completely fucking worth it, holy shit.
  • Big 4 is a lot more money than I expected.
  • Big 4 is a lot more money than I expected.
    Metallica cost me 75 bucks by themselves when I went to see them.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll go to see this. It'll probably be my only chance, and I have always wanted to see a stadium show...
  • I'm not sure whether or not I'll go to see this. It'll probably be my only chance, and I have always wanted to see a stadium show...
    There's two levels of general admission. The second tier, which is far away, costs $180+. Sitting in the stands is still over $100. You can sit in the nosiest bleediest seats for $90+. If it was $90 for the second-tier GA, I would have bought without hesitation.
  • Yeah, I think the VIP GA area is supposed to be like 250 bucks, right?
  • Yeah, I think the VIP GA area is supposed to be like 250 bucks, right?
    $242.85 for the VIP GA. $191.80 for regular GA. $134.65 for seats (a very WIDE range of seats from lower to upper levels. $105 for nosebleed seats.

On top of that you can get one of two Legends Club Packages. One gives you GA access right next to the stage. The other one gives you a really good seat. Both give you all the food and non-alcoholic beverage you want in the suite before the show. The sitting package is $268.40. The GA one is $370.50.

6 ticket limit.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D0046A216C14A88?artistid=1549200&majorcatid;=10001&minorcatid;=200
  • edited May 2011
    Fuck those packages. If I were going to do anything, I'd do VIP GA. I mean, it's a 50 dollar difference. If I'm going to drop that much green, I'll just drop a little more and get the full experience.

I do have better things to do with $250, though.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Fuck those packages. If I were going to do anything, I'd do VIP GA. I mean, it's a 50 dollar difference. If I'm going to drop that much green, I'll just drop a little more and get the full experience.

I do have better things to do with $250, though.
    I'd like to be in VIP GA, but not for $250. If I was going to spend $250 I could have gone to see TWO NHL Playoff games.
  • I'm seeing Above & Beyond when they come to Columbus on June 9th! The tickets are only $10 (plus some fees as always...)! They're an amazing trance group, and they are basically the same group as OceanLab (it's the members of A&B; plus a chick singer), so if you've heard of OceanLab (their song, "Satellite" is a very popular trance song) you know who A&B; is.

BEYOND PUMPED.
  • Infected Mushroom in June.
  • Just booked my flights for this.

• Found out my mom booked tickets for my family and my girlfriend to go to the Solid Sound festival next Saturday. Jon Hodgman and Wilco? Need I express my excitement?
  • They Might be Giants is having a free show in Williamsburg next Friday.
  • edited July 2011
    Warped Tour was good times, though it gets less Warped-y (punk/ska). Peelander-Z was so much fun. Held up/surfed Red while he was playing guitar in the crowd and thoroughly banged on pots during Mad Tiger and talked with them in my very limited Japanese after their set while I was buying a shirt. Larry and His Flask was the surprise hit for me. I missed the official set because I was in class, but while I was walking around, I wandered into an acoustic set they were doing and the were amazing! They had the second most energetic stand-up bass player I've seen (first being in Rev Horton Heat) and between them were the second best bearded group at the show (Peelander Beard was the clear winner). Brothers of Brazil were really fun too and the drummer wore an awesome Brazilian kilty-thing. Less Than Jake was Less Than Jake (they're selling LTJ rolling papers now) and the surprise MC Lars was a cool bit.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • For those who cannot afford to go on JoCo Cruize Crazy II, Jonathan Coulton is having a concert on a boat in the waters of NYC on Friday, August 19th. Tickets are $30 and just went on sale. I can't make it. Tear!
  • For those who cannot afford to go on JoCo Cruize Crazy II, Jonathan Coulton is having a concert on a boat in the waters of NYC on Friday, August 19th. Tickets are $30 and just went on sale. I can't make it. Tear!
    Bought a ticket already.
  • Zelda 25th Anniversary symphony concert (/^o^)/
  • Dropkick Murphy's at the Tivoli on the 19th of october, most likely, and probably The Cat Empire, too.
  • Dropkick Murphy's at the Tivoli on the 19th of october, most likely, and probably The Cat Empire, too.
    I hate you so much right now.
  • edited August 2011
    I hate you so much right now.
    Don't forget we just finished up with Splendor in the Grass, and we pretty much have a Year round Festival season, though summer is the peak of it.

But, between now and the end of the year, if I wanted, I could see Owl City, Jesus Jones, The Wonderstuff, The Clouds, The Living End, Sparkadia, Architecture in Helsinki, Eskimo Joe, The Jezabels, Boy and Bear, and that's just the Tivoli, and Just music.

Here are all the upcoming festivals, Here are the upcoming tours for August(and you can go and check out the rest of the year, too, it's pretty immense), and I'm thinking about, festival wise, Golden Days and Caloundra Festival, And it's very, very likely I'll be heading out to Big Sound, since it only costs me 58 bucks for all 80+ acts over two or three days.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I hate you so much right now.
    Don't forget we just finished up with Splendor in the Grass, and we pretty much have a Year round Festival season, though summer is the peak of it.
    Oh, I know, but this is concentrated, spontaneous hatred/envy. We've got a lot here too, but not many that are so spot on for what I want.
  • edited August 2011
    Oh, I know, but this is concentrated, spontaneous hatred/envy. We've got a lot here too, but not many that are so spot on for what I want.
    That's fair - but Cat empire will be touring the US next year, so I'll be sure to clue you in as soon as I hear about the dates, and Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly are both regulars in the US, though I can't remember exactly where you are.

But then again, as I edited into my above post, festivals are super plentiful and cheap here - the US has a lot of big festivals, but it still pales in comparison to our Year-round season. I suppose it helps that you can easily hold an outdoor festival year-round here, and we have a shit-ton of great venues in most cities.

BigSound is gonna be fuckin' great, since I live about half an hour away by train(and maybe 15 minutes by car), plus I know a ton of people about, so I'll have mates and booze the whole time, plus places to crash wherever I like, even in the valley right near the venues. And failing that, I can always just cruise home, sleep it off, and then get in on the next day bright and early.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, we've got festivals, but the multi-day ones are hundreds of dollars and way out in the middle of nowhere, meaning hours of driving cause we've not really got public transport. Warped Tour comes through every summer, but it's mostly lost its soul save a few diamonds in a whole heap of rough. Flogging Molly comes through town every March like clockwork, which is nice. We don't often get big bands like the Dropkick Murphys and The Cat Empire together here though. They're (Dropkick) doing a show with the Bosstones in Boston later this year which I'm sure is going to be all kinds of fun (hometown shows usually are). A lot of bands give Orlando the skip too, preferring Miami or Tallahassee. Chiddy Bang seems to like us though. They'll have been here twice this year come the end of the month.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, we've got festivals, but the multi-day ones are hundreds of dollars and way out in the middle of nowhere, meaning hours of driving cause we've not really got public transport. Warped Tour comes through every summer, but it's mostly lost its soul save a few diamonds in a whole heap of rough. Flogging Molly comes through town every March like clockwork, which is nice. We don't often get big bands like the Dropkick Murphys and The Cat Empire together here though. They're (Dropkick) doing a show with the Bosstones in Boston later this year which I'm sure is going to be all kinds of fun (hometown shows usually are). A lot of bands give Orlando the skip too, preferring Miami or Tallahassee. Chiddy Bang seems to like us though. They'll have been here twice this year come the end of the month.
    Orlando, eh? I'll keep my ears open if I hear anything decent passing through town. I'm moderately sure that Cat empire have been planning an orlando show, but I'll find out for sure later on.

Basically the reason most festivals are cheap here are simply because there are so many. Want to see Dropkick Murphy's? Well, you can always go to no sleep till, but if that's too expensive, they'll tour later in the year, and play another festival. Can't Afford Splendor? Go to Valley Fiesta(Which is also Free, handily) or Brisbane Festival. There is so much competition that everyone has to be reasonably priced and competitive(MASSIVE and have very good lineups, like Splendor or Big Day Out.) On top of that, the majority of the country lives on a single coast, and it's easy enough to travel from city to city - you can usually fly down to Sydney or Melbourne for about or under a hundred bucks - and the year-round suitable weather, and you end up with a perfect ecosystem for lots and lots of festivals and tours to spring up.
    Post edited by Churba on