This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I feel like they should use that for psy-ops in the military.

• Finally finished work for thisevening, and drinking a Cheeky Rascal cider. Raspberry and Apple, it's pleasing.
  • edited May 2013
    100+ degrees for the second day in a row.
    Man, I am cookin' here. This New England body is hardened for cold, not heat.
    Is it possible for a New Englander to eventually adapt to West Coast weather and just become a West Coaster? Or are you just stuck with whatever climate you were born and grew up in?
    The transformation will be not be complete until he starts considering 65 F "jacket weather."
    I used to lived in Virginia until my family moved to Arizona, which is where I've been for 5 years now. At first, the summers were intolerable and the winters enjoyable. Now I like the slightly hot 90 degree weather much more than the 65 degree cold, which I have to wear a jacket for. :-(
    Post edited by Clockian on
  • edited May 2013
    I've been imagining a "Weekend at Bernie's" video game where you have to transport a dead body from one point to another with various methods of execution. Do you take Bernie though the food elevator or do you dance him across the dancefloor? It would have to be a difficult to control game in the same scope as something like Surgeon Simulator or Octodad.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • My ex took my daughter to have my old Nexus S reactivated on her Sprint account and ended up walking out with a no-cost iPhone 4.

I know the cost is built into the contract but they wouldn't activate the old phone without a new contract.

Good news is that rather than pay $50 a month for her prepaid phone I can give the ex $30.
  • It occurs to me that my social disaffection may be rooted in the fact that everyone around me sucks.
  • It occurs to me that my social disaffection may be rooted in the fact that everyone around me sucks.
    Only seeing that sink in now, eh?
  • edited May 2013
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2013
    It occurs to me that my social disaffection may be rooted in the fact that everyone around me sucks.
    Only seeing that sink in now, eh?
    I knew that most of the people sucked, but I had maintained that in a school of 2400 kids, more than the two or three I've found to not suck must not suck. I had to meet some more people in order to realize that that wasn't true.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Fair enough. Some of them will get better and suck less eventually, but many more of them will suck for the entirety of their existence.
  • You know who has one of the most detailed and easy-to-read telecommunication plans in the world? Malaysia. Seriously, their website for phone information kicks the ass of most bigger nations, like the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and India.

Also, countries who have open numbering plans can eat a dick.
  • edited May 2013
  • You know, I can't imagine it would be THAT hard to add the venom-producing gene from those hallucinogenic toads into a wasp to make real tracker-jackers. I mean we already have glow in the dark cats.
  • I'll have WUB get right on that.
  • edited May 2013
    It seems that people talk a lot about the kids today and the future of our society and all that crap, as they are want to do, but don't seem to know what the kids today are like (besides how they listen to the rap music which gives them the brain damage...) Y'all should check out my new twitter account. /r/teenagers is -- as far as I can tell -- the second coming of the Young Republicans, despite how very liberal they all are.

EDIT: I can't edit this down to 140 characters, but I need to post it somewhere, so I'll post it here:
    Im 15 and i still believe in waiting until marrage you dont onow how many girls at my school were pregnant last year and personally i think it's gross i mean either wait like a normal person or use a condom because im so sick of hearing about kids on 6th grade losing their virginity
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Last weekend I discovered "yolo" is a thing people actually say in real life.
  • Nick from Strip Search had a fun tweet about YOLO.

CRAY + YOLO = CRAYOLO @alexsteacy @katestark @JChinnock #yolo #cray #SWAG #CRAYOLO http://twitpic.com/cr6nmv

• Kind of tempted by the prospects of joining a Krav Maga class and getting beat up a lot as a form of exercise. I find that way more relatable than most things, and I could stand to toughen up a bit.
    Luke, exactly WHERE have you been for the past year, year and a half?
    Around sane people I guess.
  • But the sane people haven't shut up about how stupid YOLO is.
  • I am well known for using whatever slang I believe will piss people off the most, and even then I refuse to touch "YOLO". It's p much the worse thing.
  • You know I don't think I've ever heard anyone say YOLO in person non-ironically.
  • It's my second-to-last night in NYC before I move to Madison, WI for the summer.
    There is a NerdNYC Board Game Night tonight.
    My parents are in town.
    My best friend is also in town.
    I have to be moved out of my dorm room by noon tomorrow; half my stuff is going to Madison and the other half is going home.

It's a busy day for me today.
    Among adults? Juggling conventions are full of young people hanging out. I'm not normally hanging around young people hanging out... so this first juggling convention since last September was an eye opener for me.
  • edited May 2013
    There should be a yearly Front Row Crew Forum Go-Kart Grand Prix. We could call it "FRCF ON THE GO".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2013
    I've gone from a 19" 1440x900 to 22" 1920x1080: While it's more taxing on the GPU, I can turn off the AA as the pixel density compensates.

I can also now see all the dumb stuff sites put in their side backgrounds.
    Post edited by Omnutia on