This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Being Irish wouldn't be so bad, though I'd prefer Scottish.

I think I'm some part Irish on my mother's side.
  • edited June 2010
    Name: Daisy
    Nickname: Windy138
    School Activities/Occupation: NUS
    Social Activities You Enjoy: Dinners with friends, shopping
    Hobbies: Gaming, Anime, Politics, Sports,
    Favorite non-Anime Books/Movies/TV Shows:Kuzco kuzco
    Books : Eclipse

Hope that I can make friend with all of you :D
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Books : Eclipse
    By Eclipse, you you mean Twilight? If so... ugh.
  • By Eclipse, you you mean Twilight? If so... ugh.
    Haters gotta hate. ;^)
    I was gonna say something, but I figured I could try being nice to the newbie.
    If you do like Twilight, any of the books/movies...Be warned, Windy, you tread a dark path that many on this forum disagree with, myself probably included, depending on why you read Twilight.
    He didn't specify 'favourite book'.

... and I do not enjoy shopping.
    ... and I do not enjoy shopping.
    Where did that come from?
    edited June 2010
    Reading is so haaaaaaard. Like properly editing quotations.
    Social Activities You Enjoy: Dinners with friends, shopping
    Post edited by ... on
  • Oh shits, I just updated my four-year-old post on this thread; I shall henceforth pay more attention to the FRC forum.
  • He didn't specify 'favourite book'.
    Name: Daisy
    Reading is so haaaaaaard.
    Apparently it is. I'm not aware of too many guys named "Daisy", even in Singapore.

Regardless of that, welcome to the forums, windy138
  • Apparently it is. I'm not aware of too many guys named "Daisy", even in Singapore.
    Oh hello. Welcome to the list of idiots who fail to grasp intentional jokes.
  • edited July 2010
    Apparently it is. I'm not aware of too many guys named "Daisy", even in Singapore.
    Oh hello. Welcome to the list of idiots who fail to grasp intentional jokes.
    EDIT: I was going to reply to this, but it's painfully obvious that Nine would just puff up his superiority complex a bit more and do the typical "you don't get it, you're so stupid, I'm so much smarter than everyone here, herp derp derp" reply, so I figure why bother feeding the trolls...
    Post edited by Techparadox on

• You really are an idiot, are you not?
  • edited July 2010
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • edited July 2010
    Is it just me, or has Nine been even more aggravating than usual lately? Before it was kind of funny, but now I just feel like punching him.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Is it just me, or has Nine been even more aggravating than usual lately? Before it was kind of funny, but now I just feel like punching him.
    I remember when he was kinda funny. Especially if you implied he was a catboy.
  • Do you think he has gone from "our special brand of troll" to really annoying troll that everyone wants to go away?
  • Do you think he has gone from "our special brand of troll" to really annoying troll that everyone wants to go away?
    Yes, but like most have said, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to ban him just for being a jackass.
  • Is it just me, or has Nine been even more aggravating than usual lately? Before it was kind of funny, but now I just feel like punching him.
    No, it's just idiots thinking they know what was meant when the joke was referring to someone as male when the introduction bled female all over the fucking place. IT WAS THE FUCKING JOKE AND THEN A BLOODY IDIOT COMES ALMOST TWO WEEKS LATER TRYING TO BE FUNNY HIMSELF BY UTTERLY FAILING TO GRASP THE FIRST JOKE IN PLACE.

Then there's the fucking irony in calling ME the troll. Yes, I'll call you a fucking idiot at the drop of a hat, THAT'S WHY I CALL MYSELF AN ASSHOLE YOU FUCKING DENSE MORONS! The next time something goes nuclear we should just throw you idiots on it since that will block 100% of the released radiation. Fall-out problems solved, BUILD THOSE REACTORS BABY.
    Yes, but like most have said, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to ban him just for being a jackass.
    I love how you guys still fail at ignoring. Just never reply. Ever. Don't read his posts. Don't reply. Ever. Just don't. Don't feed the troll. In years, you still have not learned this simple lesson.
  • Sigh...you guys, seriously? Sometimes a lamb is just a sheep.
  • edited July 2010
    I love how you guys still fail at ignoring. Just never reply. Ever. Don't read his posts. Don't reply. Ever. Just don't. Don't feed the troll. In years, you still have not learned this simple lesson.
    Thing is, I like Nine, he's just started aggravating me over the past few weeks.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I love how you guys still fail at ignoring. Just never reply. Ever. Don't read his posts. Don't reply. Ever. Just don't. Don't feed the troll. In years, you still have not learned this simple lesson.
    Thing is, I like Nine, he's just started aggravating me over the past few weeks.
    Honestly, it's tough to ignore something directed at you. Scott, you just ignore things you don't care about. If someone calls you out on something or criticizes you, you generally respond, unless we're doing it in jest.
  • I love how you guys still fail at ignoring. Just never reply. Ever. Don't read his posts. Don't reply. Ever. Just don't. Don't feed the troll. In years, you still have not learned this simple lesson.
    You talk like we have something better to do.
    'bout time the hypocrite posted. Good job Apreche, you never fail to accentuate that you're a tool.
  • *popcorn.gif*

Hi new people, ignore the above. :D
    No shit, you all remind of someone that keeps putting their hand on the stove when it's hot, then bitch that it keeps burning you. If he upsets you, don't read or respond to him, it really is that simple. The don't feed the trolls images don't seem to be working to good.

But to be honest, I'm hoping you won't take Scott's or my advice. I do find the exchanges you all have with him entertaining at times.
  • The don't feed the trolls images don't seem to be working to good.
    They're not applicable, that's the problem really.
  • Hey all. Long time listener, first time caller. My name is Constantine von Hoffman and I'm the dad from The Family That Geeks Together which runs panels at ConnectiCon and Anime Boston. I'm a board game freak (cvonh @ BGG and I help run the annual Unity Games day) and I love Miyazake, Trigun, Tutu, Bebop, Sgt. Frog and Calamari Wrestler. I'm also a journalist who writes other stuff. I've read a lot of SF but seem to read more fantasy lately (Terry Pratchett, Joe Abercrombie, Dave Duncan). I also write a blog in which I make fun of marketing www.collateraldamage.biz.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2010
    @DadThatGeeksTogether

I can't stress enough how happy we were to have you at ConnectiCon! ^_^
    Post edited by Rym on