This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• We're taking over!

Welcome to the forum, guy.
  • Hello,

So I have been listening to the show for about a year now. I thought it time to join in on the fun. I am 28 and I live in New Jersey (one of the parts that don't smell). I dont know what else to say...
  • Oh, Ive played Scion and Mutants and Masterminds. I collect comics (Walking Dead, Ex Machinia, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, ect) I plays the Xboxs. I can not wait for Halo Reach!! My gammer tag is K88BS.
  • hello, I'm 19 and live and go to school in CT. I'm going to school for C.S and enjoy it very much. I watch anime, play video games and and am into everything that could be considered geeky. i also attend Anime boston and connecticon every year.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    hello, I'm 19 and live and go to school in CT. I'm going to school for C.S and enjoy it very much. I watch anime, play video games and and am into everything that could be considered geeky. i also attend Anime boston and connecticon every year.
    Where in CT do you hail from? I'm asking 'cos I am there myself. I'm in North Haven.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hello,

My name is Tiago Ferreira Bonetti, I'm 24 and recently married...

I'm a Brazilian living on Porto Alegre (does anyone really cares?), it's near Argentina ...
    Considering this, English is not my mother language, i can understand it very well and talk OK but my writing need some practice. I'm trying to follow the rules so help me out on the writing. :]

I'm finishing my major in Electric Engineering at UFRGS.

I like math, physics, circuits, video games, RPGs, anime, Linux, coding... ..."suffice to say" I'm a geek...

I listen to Geek Nights about 2 months, already downloaded like 6GB of podcast, especially Monday...

See you around the forums. :]
  • ."suffice to say
    Hah! I should bring that back.
  • hello, I'm 19 and live and go to school in CT. I'm going to school for C.S and enjoy it very much. I watch anime, play video games and and am into everything that could be considered geeky. i also attend Anime boston and connecticon every year.
    Where in CT do you hail from? I'm asking 'cos I am there myself. I'm in North Haven.
    I live in Mystic. its in southeastern CT in Stonington.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    hello, I'm 19 and live and go to school in CT. I'm going to school for C.S and enjoy it very much. I watch anime, play video games and and am into everything that could be considered geeky. i also attend Anime boston and connecticon every year.
    I live in Mystic. its in southeastern CT in Stonington.
    Damn. Why does every CT forumite live so far away from me.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Damn. Why does every CT forumite live so far away from me.
    Hey, It's not just you, I live far away from damn near everyone.
  • Yo,

Joining the forums and subscribing to the podcast after attending some PAX panels with the hosts.

self-summary:

Live near the beach in LA, no college degree, work in AI research(for AdaptiveAI/SmartAction), help run crashspace, a hackerspace in Culver City. Lots of hobbies, writing, drawing, p n p RPGs, comics, all poorly. I run a Pathfinder and a Shadowrun game, if anybody else is a cheap mainstream RPG date(and in LA, I guess. I've tried Skype and conference calling in, but there are problems).

I have no time for anything, because I do so much, and work 55 hours a week. er... born in 1981, and... not much else.
  • Hey, I know a lot of people around there who sound right up your alley. I'll tell you about it when I'm not on my phone.
  • Yes! Another southern Californianer! Welcome! I've heard of Crashspace but have never checked it out. May be time I do. Also, I'd like to know what you mean by "by the beach in LA", do you mean like the south bay area or Santa Monica or what?
  • Hi everyone,

My name is Eep (it's the laugh) and have been listening to the show for a little over a year now. I got a chance to meet Rym and Scott at PAX and decided that I should join the forums and get in on the whole Geek Nights conversation thing. I'm a graduate student in Library and Information Science, newly married and relocated to Tucson, AZ from Seattle (yay on the married, blech on the Tucson) and am into reading, gaming and costuming. At the moment I am replaying Xenogears as I recover from the PAX pox. (Flu AND strep, I kid you not). I will be starting my internship as a young adult librarian this month where I will be introducing a board game program. EEEE, so excited! So yeah, nice to meet everyone.
  • At the moment I am replaying Xenogears
    I already like you new person. Wilkommen!
  • I already like you new person
    She's pretty cool. I wish we'd been able to hang out more at the con, but PAX is hectic to say the least.
  • Lad Jeep! TO THE CARMOBILE!
  • edited September 2010
    At the moment I am replaying Xenogears
    I already like you new person. Wilkommen!
    Thank you! This is probably one of my favorite video games of all times. I'm very happy with the replay value 12 years later, though at almost 30 I have less tolerance for some of the character flaws than when I was 18. :P
    I already like you new person
    She's pretty cool. I wish we'd been able to hang out more at the con, but PAX is hectic to say the least.
    I'm glad I got to meet you at all, and thank Emily again for coming to the girl's meetup!! PAX? Hectic? I don't know what you're talking about! >.> /me organizes 10 events while baking cookies, throwing a party and playing games with people. (And I wonder why I come down with the pox every year. >.< )
    Post edited by ladyeep on
  • Oh, meet-up was super fun! Thanks so much for organizing it!
  • And I wonder why I come down with the pox every year. >.<</p>
    Videogame branded clinical face masks is what PAX needs.

Welcome Ladyeep, I'm Omnutia. Oh, how did I know your name? It was written on the back of your shield.
  • edited September 2010
    Yes! Another southern Californianer! Welcome! I've heard of Crashspace but have never checked it out. May be time I do. Also, I'd like to know what you mean by "by the beach in LA", do you mean like the south bay area or Santa Monica or what?
    I live in Playa del Rey. Basically I'm just on the beach by LAX.

Glad to see so many local peeps around. Y'all should definitely come by Crashspace sometime, we have public nights once a month, and a bunch of our classes and events are public. We've got a google calender up in there somewheres...
    Post edited by outlawpoet on
  • edited September 2010
    Oh cool, I used to live in Playa. My parents owned a condo there for 20+ years. It's funny, I got so used to planes flying overhead every five minutes that once we moved away, everything in the house seemed to eerily quiet.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hi! I realized I signed up but never introduced myself. My name's Erin and I live in Philadelphia where I'm an accountant. I've been listening for awhile but never journeyed into the forums until recently. I'm into anime and manga and try and attend as many anime conventions as I can afford.
  • Oh cool, I used to live in Playa. My parents owned a condo there for 20+ years. It's funny, I got so used to planes flying overhead every five minutes that once we moved away, everything in the house seemed to eerily quiet.
    I get the same thing whenever I go away from North London, right under the trans-Atlantic flight path makes for some plane filled skys.
  • Hi everyone
    O hai. I know you.

Glad you're well.
  • I'm a graduate student in Library and Information Science, newly married and relocated to Tucson, AZ from Seattle (yay on the married, blech on the Tucson) and am into reading, gaming and costuming.
    You wouldn't happen to go to Seattle U, would you?
  • Yo, I'm new, and my avatar-thumbnail is glitched.
  • Yo, I'm new, and my avatar-thumbnail is glitched.
    Wicked sweet! Yours is taller! Lucky.
  • edited September 2010
    __ Yeah, would love to keep it like this, but it makes the first word kinda hard to read, unless I add some spaces upfront. And that would look silly if it get's fixed=P
    Post edited by Aria on